Cricket

1 hour ago, wully said:

Hope India win for my pal that works in the cargo shop.

When I lived in Penilee the local Wine shop was Indian owned and I sweet talked the owner about my knowledge of Sachin Tendulkar and cricket in general. He was then always happy to slip me a boshil or 2 of Buckie any morning I went in. It was great for the early Sunday kick offs. 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

When I lived in Penilee the local Wine shop was Indian owned and I sweet talked the owner about my knowledge of Sachin Tendulkar and cricket in general. He was then always happy to slip me a boshil or 2 of Buckie any morning I went in. It was great for the early Sunday kick offs. 

Guy in the kebab shop wearing a Pakistan shirt......

So fucking good, Asif Ali.

The mental fortitude this guy has is insane. Absolutely written off by everyone, told he's shite, his daughter died in 2019 and this guy has powered through it all. So made up for him after the last 2 performances.

23 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

That was a statement performance from England today. 🏏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Pakistan and England looking like the two best teams in the tournament. 

India on the verge of going out

On 26/10/2021 at 16:38, psb07158 said:

On these wickets, in these conditions, Pakistan have the best bowling attack in the tournament.

On 01/11/2021 at 16:45, TEFTONG said:

Buttler is something special at this 20/20 Cricket World Cup 🏏

Guys any idea who the cricketer at Yorkshire is who is at the centre of the racist allegations? Don't know if you've been keeping an eye on the story but Yorkshire CC have been a shambles over this. 

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Guys any idea who the cricketer at Yorkshire is who is at the centre of the racist allegations? Don't know if you've been keeping an eye on the story but Yorkshire CC have been a shambles over this. 

Azeem Rafiq.

Yorkshire Cricket Club have acted absolutely disgracefully. The ECB needs to take action against them. 

If anyone is unaware of their actions, let's just say they have been very Celtic-like in this whole affair:- they tried to fob him off when he went to senior management with his complaints
- they then tried to offer him £100k to sign an NDA and not tell anyone what happened
- they initially tried to block the independent investigation into Azeem Rafiq's claims at every turn
- when the report was finalised and provided to them, they refused to release it in full publicly
- they initially refused to apologise to Azeem for the abuse/harassment he suffered at the club
- they said they conducted their own investigation and found that no player or executive had any case to answer and would be taking NO disciplinary action against anyone despite some of the below being prevalent

At least one Yorkshire player admitted to regularly using the term 'P**i' when talking to Azeem Rafiq, according to the report into racism at the club. But he was cleared of wrongdoing on the basis that it was perceived as, what the report says was, friendly, good-natured "banter" between the two players.

The player also admitted to telling other people "don't talk to him [Rafiq], he's a P**i", asking "is that your uncle?" when they saw bearded Asian men and saying "does your dad own those?" in reference to corner shops.

- following the apology they have tried to tarnish his reputation by leaking parts of the report that are just a fucking nonsense. CricInfo (George Dobell) absolutely rinsed them yesterday:

While the investigating team (the lawyers who were charged with gathering evidence for the report) found such comments to be "capable of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment…" and accepted Rafiq's "evidence that he was offended, degraded or humiliated and that this amounted to harassment under the Equality Act and the Club's Equal Opportunities policy", the panel (who were charged with making conclusions and recommendations and which included a non-executive member of the Yorkshire board) disagreed.

Their conclusions state "The Panel does not accept that Azeem was offended by [the other player's] comments, either at the time they were made or subsequently."

They go on to say that, in the context of "banter between friends" Rafiq might be "expected to take such comments in the spirit in which they were intended (i.e. good natured banter between friends)… [so] it was not reasonable for Azeem to have been offended by [the other player] directing equally offensive or derogatory comments back at him in the same spirit of friendly banter."

Indeed, the panel accuses Rafiq of using "offensive, racially derogatory comments" when referring to a player of Zimbabwean heritage as "Zimbo from Zimbabwe". The panel viewed this as "a racist, derogatory term" and recommends that, were Rafiq still a Yorkshire player, he should face disciplinary action for using it.

The revelation, which comes days after Yorkshire announced that none of their players, coaches or executives would face disciplinary action as a result of the investigation, may increase doubts over the process and the report that has produced. In particular, equating the terms 'P**i', which is a long-established derogatory term with a history of racist usage, and 'Zimbo', which is generally held to be an abbreviation akin to Aussie or Kiwi without pejorative association, is likely to raise eyebrows.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Azeem Rafiq.

Yorkshire Cricket Club have acted absolutely disgracefully. The ECB needs to take action against them. 

If anyone is unaware of their actions, let's just say they have been very celtic-like in this whole affair:- they tried to fob him off when he went to senior management with his complaints
- they then tried to offer him £100k to sign an NDA and not tell anyone what happened
- they initially tried to block the independent investigation into Azeem Rafiq's claims at every turn
- when the report was finalised and provided to them, they refused to release it in full publicly
- they initially refused to apologise to Azeem for the abuse/harassment he suffered at the club
- they said they conducted their own investigation and found that no player or executive had any case to answer and would be taking NO disciplinary action against anyone despite some of the below being prevalent

- following the apology they have tried to tarnish his reputation by leaking parts of the report that are just a fucking nonsense. CricInfo (George Dobell) absolutely rinsed them yesterday:

Unbelievable isn't it! If you haven't heard it yet George Dobell did a very good interview on Talksport yesterday with Simon Jordan and JIm white, well worth a listen. 

The 'investigation' sounds like a complete whitewash. The panel were cherry picked by YCC and the legal firm they used, the current chair of YCC used to be an employee there! Couldn't make it up! 

I was wondering if you knew who the player was that's been using the racial language? Looking like it will come out today in any case because they've allowed Rafiq parliamentary privilege to name them at the inquiry with the DCMS today. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Unbelievable isn't it! If you haven't heard it yet George Dobell did a very good interview on Talksport yesterday with Simon Jordan and JIm white, well worth a listen. 

The 'investigation' sounds like a complete whitewash. The panel were cherry picked by YCC and the legal firm they used, the current chair of YCC used to be an employee there! Couldn't make it up! 

I was wondering if you knew who the player was that's been using the racial language? Looking like it will come out today in any case because they've allowed Rafiq parliamentary privilege to name them at the inquiry with the DCMS today. 

I didn't hear it but I saw folk on Twitter complaining about Simon Jordan - as I say I didn't hear it so I can't comment. 

Got you - not sure who the racist player is but think it is only a matter of time before we find out mate. The ex-Yorkshire and England player who was bullying Rafiq is apparently Tim Bresnan (but he was not racist, "just" a bully). 

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Azeem Rafiq.

If anyone is unaware of their actions, let's just say they have been very celtic-like in this whole affair:- they tried to fob him off when he went to senior management with his complaints

Sponsors leaving YCC in their droves according to SSN, They include Yorkshire Tea, Tetley Beer and Age Concern and First Leeds bus company not too happy either who are seeking talks ASAP as well as David Lloyd saying they will not be re-instating their contract after suspending it a few weeks back, Looks like the shit has hit the fan and quite rightly so.