The Booing Of Lee Mcculloch Today

Hateley took some booing as well.IIRC.

It was assumed he was keeping McCoist on the bench when it was actually Johnston

I remember the game against Dundee United when Konterman made a mistake that cost us a goal, the fans turned on him and booed him to the extent that his confidence disappeared and he made a second mistake to cost us a second goal.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember the game against Dundee United when Konterman made a mistake that cost us a goal, the fans turned on him and booed him to the extent that his confidence disappeared and he made a second mistake to cost us a second goal.

But, but, it couldn't make Jig worse than he already was. <cr>

It affects the team. It's brainless.

Jig's times up , he's past it but the booing was unacceptable.

I was cringing at it today , even hoping he wouldn't get the ball after that , thinking what his family must be feeling sitting in the stands . I'm not usually the sensitive type , but it was the first thing that came into my mind today when it happened.

I can understand the frustration and agree we have better options , but today some crossed a line that we shouldn't have. As others have previously stated , he doesn't pick himself . And as for this supposed contract , honestly ? Does anyone really believe that a player dictates to our great club that he plays every game and they just accept that ! No chance.

It's questionable wether Jig has ever been Rangers class but what is as clear as day is the fan's behaviour today was about as far from Rangers class as you can get. Anyone who booed or tries to justify booing should have a long hard look at themselves.

Eboue at Arsenal.

3. Any more for any more?

Although even that was slightly different cause he was getting hooked. Still not great, though.

Massive overreaction to this. If I go to work on Monday and do a shite job I expect to be made fully aware of it.

McCulloch's been doing a shite job for quite some time now, the people paying his wages have every right to boo him if they wish.

You at your job with your boss is not the same as a football team and it's fans. Incomparable situations.

3. Any more for any more?

Although even that was slightly different cause he was getting hooked. Still not great, though.

I may have a winner.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/video-internacional-player-fabricio-sentoff-after-being-booed-by-his-own-fans-who-celebrate-his-dismissal-and-fighting-with-teammates-10152450.html

You at your job with your boss is not the same as a football team and it's fans. Incomparable situations.

It's not though, fans effectively pay players' wages so have every right to show they're unhappy with a player.

I'm not one for booing myself but think some of the criticism the ones who did actually do it are getting is undeserved.

There is of course an element of irony there, booing a player for keeping out a player we also previously booed for being a duffer, incidentally who turned out to be our best ever goals scorer, fuck him a St Johnstone fan after all

I know, at the time Hateley was mince and falling over the ball etc but recovering from a serious injury I think, I was quite young at the time but I can mind sorta disliking him for keeping my hero out the team :lol:

It nearly happened today as well didn't it? As in he made a fuck up during that booing spell that nearly led to a 3rd.

I know it shocked me to hear the extent of the boos so fucknose how he felt out there having to try and keep a clear head.

The game Amoruso was booed I think he scored later on, stuck in my mind as I recall him swearing in the interview on Clyde after the game.

"How do you feel about the Rangers fans booing you Lorenzo?"

"Eh, I dunno, eet fucking strange"

Massive overreaction to this. If I go to work on Monday and do a shite job I expect to be made fully aware of it.

McCulloch's been doing a shite job for quite some time now, the people paying his wages have every right to boo him if they wish.

It should be the manager's job to let him know tbh but seeing as he keeps getting picked, I doubt McCall's doing that.

Seriously. Is are there any other instances of individual players getting booed by their own fans?

Ally got it pretty heavy when he first came. A game against Dundee in particular iirc.

To be fair , he was shite that first season though :lol:

It's not though, fans effectively pay players' wages so have every right to show they're unhappy with a player.

I'm not one for booing myself but think some of the criticism the ones who did actually do it are getting is undeserved.

It is hugely different. Fans are alot more than simply wage payers and getting booed by hundreds in front of 35 000 people with no time to think about it or compose yourself is a bit different and likely to affect you differently to getting a reeling from your boss.

I know, at the time Hateley was mince and falling over the ball etc but recovering from a serious injury I think, I was quite young at the time but I can mind sorta disliking him for keeping my hero out the team :lol:

It nearly happened today as well didn't it? As in he made a fuck up during that booing spell that nearly led to a 3rd.

I know it shocked me to hear the extent of the boos so fucknose how he felt out there having to try and keep a clear head.

The game Amoruso was booed I think he scored later on, stuck in my mind as I recall him swearing in the interview on Clyde after the game.

"How do you feel about the Rangers fans booing you Lorenzo?"

"Eh, I dunno, eet fucking strange"

To be fair he made a fuck up in the first half with that short back pass to the keeper.

To be fair he made a fuck up in the first half with that short back pass to the keeper.

Wasn't that McGregor?

McGregor was just as bad as McCulloch today, btw.