Would You Have Him Back ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Jelavic and Weiss there is no one from the last five years that I would have back playing for us.

Based on footballing ability and nothing else I'd have Jelavic, McGregor, Davis, Aluko & Naismith back. Maybe Weiss but he is massively overrated on here.

Losing Whittaker, Lafferty, Ness and McCabe was a blessing in disguise as far as I'm concerned. All been exposed as being utter dog shit elsewhere.

Same applies to Edu and Broadfoot even if they did leave on better terms.

It's a no from me. In reality, most probably expected McGregor, Naismith, etc. all to leave - the way they did it stuck in the throat but I think most hoped that the team would then be built around the younger ones that had already started to feature like McCabe & Ness. The fact that they all fucked off too means they can rot in obscurity....karma is a bitch!

It's not the jumping ship, it's leaving us without a fee.

Most sensible posters on here didn't expect players looking to stay in the international fray playing against lap dancers and Big Issue vendors.

Least they could have done was get the club they claimed to love a fee, cunts.

No amount of apologising will make up for shitting on us when everyone else was having a go too.

It's not the jumping ship, it's leaving us without a fee.

Most sensible posters on here didn't expect players looking to stay in the international fray playing against lap dancers and Big Issue vendors.

Least they could have done was get the club they claimed to love a fee, cunts.

No amount of apologising will make up for shitting on us when everyone else was having a go too.

Agreed, but has anyone ever apologised?

I can actually understand the guys that left the club after the meltdown.

They hadn't been paid what they were due when the club was in dire straits and they were going to be playing teams that barely qualified as semi professional. They didn't even know there was going to be a Rangers with the way things were.

But McCabe didn't do anything except score 1 screamer against the other lot...

He was just an average guy and depending on the situation, we're either looking for a team that can challenge for the Premiership next season or get out of the Championship in style and build up for a Premiership challenge the next season.

McCabe hasn't shown he has the quality required to be a top Scottish Premiership player so he is no good to us. He might be OK in the Championship if we're there but it would be a case of having to assess if he was good enough after going up and I can't see him being a guy that would instill fear in the east end of Glasgow...

The likes of Murdoch probably have the same standard of ability and we don't really need a guy that can't do it in the lower leagues down south.

We might not have sufficient money to get the kind of guys the fans want next season, even assuming we are in the Premiership. But we could build a team of hard working guys with reasonable ability and younger guys with decent ability and put together a side that can at least win a trophy, hopefully getting ready to be able to win the title within two years of promotion, whether that starts this year or next.

• 1 month later...

I can actually understand the guys that left the club after the meltdown.

They hadn't been paid what they were due when the club was in dire straits and they were going to be playing teams that barely qualified as semi professional. They didn't even know there was going to be a Rangers with the way things were.

But McCabe didn't do anything except score 1 screamer against the other lot...

He was just an average guy and depending on the situation, we're either looking for a team that can challenge for the Premiership next season or get out of the Championship in style and build up for a Premiership challenge the next season.

McCabe hasn't shown he has the quality required to be a top Scottish Premiership player so he is no good to us. He might be OK in the Championship if we're there but it would be a case of having to assess if he was good enough after going up and I can't see him being a guy that would instill fear in the east end of Glasgow...

The likes of Murdoch probably have the same standard of ability and we don't really need a guy that can't do it in the lower leagues down south.

We might not have sufficient money to get the kind of guys the fans want next season, even assuming we are in the Premiership. But we could build a team of hard working guys with reasonable ability and younger guys with decent ability and put together a side that can at least win a trophy, hopefully getting ready to be able to win the title within two years of promotion, whether that starts this year or next.

Hmm

I wouldn't be averse to bringing him in to train for a few days to see where he's at in terms of attitude and ability. He was an eighteen year old kid when he left; obviously he was strongly influenced by other people - apparently his dad being a major instigator behind the move. I'm not saying we should rush out and offer him a contract but given our circumstances it might be wise to take a look while he is on a free..

He's from Polbeth which is just outside Livingston, I seen him out about 4-5 weeks ago, he was with one of my good pals so we got talking and I have never met such a horrible, smug wee ride in my life. I wasn't even cheeky to him I just asked if he'd been approached about a move "Do you think I'd go back there after the s*ite I took from yous?" was his reply

I offered to buy him a pint and he went "Should it no be me buying you one?" words were exchanged, we ended up squaring up to each other as he was wrecked, my mate had to split us up and I just walked away

So I'm with bombaybadboy, I'd rather shut the toilet seat on my cock than have the Sheff Wed & Pompy reject back with us