Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest option mate. Think they're expecting a financial meltdown shortly. No doubt see a few big earners getting punted as soon as the window opens as well.

I thought their owner was loaded? :blink:

He is but I'm sure they've breached the FFP rules. There was talk not long ago of them facing a fine somewhere in the region of £50m.

Think I seen that the other day actually, the headline was "English club facing £53m fine" - Never clicked it, but now that you've said that, must be QPR.

I watched Warburton live on Sky Sports News this morning and he was very open to all possibilities, including us, despite not getting a name mention.

Only a few club's I've seen him linked to tbh.

Rangers, QPR & Fulham.

QPR's ruled out, so us and Fulham all that's left, unless he's had other offers.

He is but they are about to get a massive fine for breaking FFP rules.

They are taking about they agreeing a deal with the football league to pay a huge fine. People are speculating that it could be between 40 and 60 million <cr>

Was just reading a bit of it on sky sports website there. Championship clubs are allowed a loss of £8m and anything above that results in a fine. In their last season in the championship QPR ran a loss of £68m but tried to write off £60m as a loan from the owners and if the football league don't accept that basically QPR will be fined around that amount and possible face further punishments such as points deductions and a transfer embargo.

Wouldn't bet against them being in league 1 within the next couple of seasons.

Cheapest option mate. Think they're expecting a financial meltdown shortly. No doubt see a few big earners getting punted as soon as the window opens as well.

Yeah it has to be for that reason.

They are obviously going to try the relative unknown who can rebuild with youth team players and cheap players but I wouldn't have appointed him to do that. He's been criticised on both Football Weekly & The Game for not being good enough to be a number one.

I know people don't like him, but I think Mick McCarthy would have been a smart appointment for them. They obviously need a period of consolodation after years of overspending and to-yo'ing nd he's almost like the Tony Pulis of the Championship.

Did someone not say west ham were sniffing around as well or do I have the wrong guy?

Seen something about West Ham in this thread I think; But I read somewhere the other day West Ham are looking at foreign managers, or at keeping Sam Allardyce, so doubt he'll go to West Ham.

That is my fear. I really want a break from the whole "Rangers man" thing.

The 'Rangers man' thing wouldn't be a problem in my eyes if the names mentioned were good enough mate, but they're not.

Weir's record at Blades - P13 W1 D3 L9.

Doesn't make for good reading.

Seen something about West Ham in this thread I think; But I read somewhere the other day West Ham are looking at foreign managers, or at keeping Sam Allardyce, so doubt he'll go to West Ham.

I think West Ham fans will want someone who is a lot more high profile than Warburton having been tenuously linked with Moyes and Benitez. I don't see it being someone that big but bigger than Warburton.

Would Fulham really turf out Kit Symons? He seems to have helped Fulham rebound from Magath quite well.

Warburton has less than 100 games to his name and again I think it's a bit of a risk. Honestly don't know who is best to take us forward. McCall has done ok given the circumstances but I don't feel he is the right man for the long haul.