Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

You say that but Ally was on £300000 a year more than Micheal laudrup was at Swansea whilst we were in the3rd division. If we pay anyone anywhere near Ally's wage we will get who we want regardless

Wasn't laudrup on about £700-800k pa ? Before you factor in bonuses etc which lets be fair will dwarf anything we could offer .

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with his track record he is exactly what we need especially if Davie and Frank McParland. They all have impresssive records at bringing young players through. Warburton was Sporting Director at Brentford for 2 years prior to becoming manager and worked at Watfords Academy prior to that, Davie was highly regarded during nhis time working at the Everton Academy and Frank McParland was ibnvoled at Liverpool.

If the club is to build properly for the future then their experience and contacts will be invaluable.

I agree with that ethos but if we go up we need to hit the ground running

I don't think that would happen with Warburton & Co

What wrong with mccall ? He got us playing good and brought youth in . His only downfall playing jig .he deserves a chance .give him a chance get new players and get rid shit players I say.

His stats aren't great and his decision to bring Jig on against Hearts should see him ruled out

In two minds about this.

On one hand there is no denying McCall has been a stark improvement on McCoist and McDowell. Only one defeat since he took over and you can see how he has rubbed off on the players, many who look a lot more confident. The football has been much better as well and I wouldn't begrudge him the job permanently at the end of the season.

However Warburton and Weir, while being a bit of a gamble, might be too good an opportunity to turn down. Brentford might be the smallest club reputation-wise in the Championship and Warburton has got them into the playoffs this year, no doubt on a much smaller budget than many of their rivals. While it would be a bit harsh on McCall you just have to look at Southampton a couple of years ago. Adkins was doing well and the board sacked him out of the blue to take a gamble on Pochettino. Within a few months nobody was questioning the decision at all.

No £500000 before bonuses

Fair enough mate I don't know a lot about laudrups deal other than he 'liked' to use his own agent to do incoming transfers which caused a lot of problems but thought it was around £700k certainly felt it was more than the figure I replied to.

As regards warbuton as I said earlier not saying it'll happen but it's certainly not just papertalk and I know that for a fact. Also look at warbuton and what he's done in his life he certainly isn't a bloke either afraid of taking a chance or whose only concern is money .

I agree with that ethos but if we go up we need to hit the ground running

I don't think that would happen with Warburton & Co

I can't see it happening with anyone without the necessary funds and I can't see that happening to the level that would be required to get from where we are now to any sort of challenge. There needs to be a little bit of reality as to the current situation and expectations for next season. I'd rather get the people in to get the club in a position to challenge for years to come rather than throw money at a short term aim.

Fair enough mate I don't know a lot about laudrups deal other than he 'liked' to use his own agent to do incoming transfers which caused a lot of problems big thought it was around £700k certainly felt it was more than the figure I replied to.

As regards warbuton as I said earlier not saying it'll happen but it's certainly not just papertalk and I know that for a fact. Also look at warbuton and what he's done in his life he certainly isn't a bloke either afraid of taking a chance or whose only concern is money .

I'll be honest mate, I've only seen it mentioned on here and that's all, but I wouldn't be didsapointed if it happened, although if McCall stayed on I'd be ok with that for next season. We probably do need to start planning ahead though

I can't see it happening with anyone without the necessary funds and I can't see that happening to the level that would be required to get from where we are now to any sort of challenge. There needs to be a little bit of reality as to the current situation and expectations for next season. I'd rather get the people in to get the club in a position to challenge for years to come rather than throw money at a short term aim.

The fans wouldn't accept that strategy as we crave instant success and we are only ever a couple of defeats away from a disaster

Not saying it's right but that's how it is

The time to introduce that ethos was when we were in the 3rd but McCost put paid to that

The incompetent dick

Warburton or Robinson would both be welcome by me for sure.

Delighted to see us being linked with those type of names instead of the typical stop gap ex player managers we usually get linked with.

What wrong with mccall ? He got us playing good and brought youth in . His only downfall playing jig .he deserves a chance .give him a chance get new players and get rid shit players I say.

Not good enough for the long term.

He's steadied the ship and improved on a very low standard but we can't continue to give people a chance for the sake of it, especially if clearly better options are within our reach

The fans wouldn't accept that strategy as we crave instant success and we are only ever a couple of defeats away from a disaster

Not saying it's right but that's how it is

The time to introduce that ethos was when we were in the 3rd but McCost put paid to that

The incompetent dick

It would have been ideal to have implemented this in the 3rd but we still need to do it. I understand the fickle nature of a large section of our support but the club comes before those who have no patience. You have reinforced my point about a reality check being required for the support. The inescapable truth is that we cannot return to the heady days of 9 in a row. The game has moved on (not always for the better) and we have to work in a way that gets the most from the resources we have. The achievements of Warburton et al at Brentford would point to them being the ideal candidates to do what's required.

Would rather we didn't to be fair. He's barely had a sniff of football since leaving us, injuries could be a good excuse or it could just be that he was vastly overrated by us because he stood out in a team of shite.

As far as I'm aware, he's actually still injured.

Which is strange tbh, cause when he got injured (his final game at Rangers funnily enough) it didn't seem that bad, and it wasn't reported to be that bad at the time, then suddenly he's no playing for us again, and he's at Brentford, and still injured two months later. Weird one.

Which is strange tbh, cause when he got injured (his final game at Rangers funnily enough) it didn't seem that bad, and it wasn't reported to be that bad at the time, then suddenly he's no playing for us again, and he's at Brentford, and still injured two months later. Weird one.

I think he was on the bench in Brentfords first leg v Boro. Didn't see him on the bench on Friday for them though.

He was an unused sub against Middlesbrough in the first leg of their play off. As far as I've seen that's the closest he's came to a game so far as I do try and keep a look out to see if he plays.

This guy's exactly the same age as McCoist and his only notable achievement is nearly getting promoted from the Championship.

Brought them up from league 1 and almost got promoted at the first time of asking. Also gets his team playing some pretty decent football. Think the comparisons with McCoist pretty much end at them being the same age.