Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving aside that I don't think we could afford him (nor would I want him personally) The guy made a right arse of himself during his dutch adventure. A manager has to instil confidence and command respect, how would he manage that when surely there would be players taking the piss as soon as he left the room

Aye Ano his accent is ridiculous but if you look at what he did in Holland it wasn't to shabby. Don't think he would be on too much money to be honest

Really could do without this. McCall is in charge, he's done well to turn this mob around and we are nearly there. It's the wrong time for speculation, applications, interviews etc. let's focus on getting up then work out who will be in charge.

Some people don't understand.

Rangers HAVE to explore all their options now. They're planning a complete rebuild in the off-season. Can't wade into that without a permanent manager, whether that's Stuart McCall or not, there has to be a plan in place to immediately begin the process of a stronger team for the following season.

If we weren't talking to other candidates etc at this moment, I'd be worried.

Rangers HAVE to explore all their options now. They're planning a complete rebuild in the off-season. Can't wade into that without a permanent manager, whether that's Stuart McCall or not, there has to be a plan in place to immediately begin the process of a stronger team for the following season.

I don't think we will be to be honest. I really don't. I have a horrible feeling McCall has been promised the job.

If we were automatically promoted then fair enough. I just hope the squad and McCall aren't unsettled too much or we could be in the championship again.

I don't think we will be to be honest. I really don't. I have a horrible feeling McCall has been promised the job.

I doubt he's been promised the job. I think given king only became chairman last week things won't have started yet and it may be for the best to hold off until this Sunday.

Regardless of whether we go up or not we should be putting it out there for people to apply.

Stuart was given it in the short term and (as far as I am aware) asked about long term plans for the club. That's why we should be interviewing to see who will be the best appointment for the next 4-5 years.

No point giving it to him for a season to see how he does then be in this position again next summer if it doesn't work out.

[i think the board doing their due diligence, speaking to candidates properly and in detail and really taking their time to appoint the right man is so important.] (DBBTB)

We want the board to speak to candidates properly and in detail and take their time ... yet any time someone goes to Ibrox to talk, or they go to someone else to talk, everyone starts jumping to conclusions and the rumours start tlying around about how we are going to get this or that person.

Person in charge .. has.. to be able to handle this kind of rumour-mill and goldarrow-10x10.png fish bowl lifestyle and be able to focus 100% on the job at hand regardless of what is being said about him. This is all part of the days work for us.

Warburton ruled out of the Watford job if BBC are correct:

Watford are close to replacing boss Slavisa Jokanovic with Getafe and former Atletico Madrid manager Quique Sanchez Flores.

I think McCall has the job in the bag if we win this final two legs

I really don't and as much as I Like McCall we need a man for the next 3-4 years and I just can't see him in that role.

now he is not in that role or even a 1 year role why dont you see him in that role?

Cant he bring on youngsters?

Cant he coach?

Oh that right, his signings have been poor, wait a minute! He has not made any!

Oh wait, cant handle the pressure, that must be it! Well there goes the play off, biggest pressure of all, ask the 18 month in management new manager!

People seem to forget the job McCall done at Motherwell and the way he has turned our season round, with the right budget and a pre-season he could be the man to take us forward IMO.

I've been critical of him at times but he's learning from his mistakes. McCall deserves the job full time IMO.

now he is not in that role or even a 1 year role why dont you see him in that role?

Cant he bring on youngsters?

Cant he coach?

Oh that right, his signings have been poor, wait a minute! He has not made any!

Oh wait, cant handle the pressure, that must be it! Well there goes the play off, biggest pressure of all, ask the 18 month in management new manager!

It's a personal opinion that I just don't see him as the man to rebuild Rangers. He definitely should be in with a shout if he gets us up but I don't think it should be a straight case of if we're promoted then he should get the job. We should be keeping our options open.

personal opinion, fair enough here dereks

He is trying to secure a job with Rangers, trying to get himself a contract.

Should he achieve promotion and take the Ibrox club back into the top flight over the two games that lie ahead, he is almost a shoo-in for the manager's role.

The club was in a downward spiral when he took over in March. There has been higher intensity in training since his arrival, the players look fitter and the team has been a lot better to watch.

Remember that not one of these players is his. He had to turn round a team that was toiling and has done it - so you can imagine how things might be when he gets the opportunity to bring his own men in.

I would certainly like to see him get that chance. He ticks all the boxes. Stuart and his assistant, Kenny Black, know what it is like to be a Rangers player.

He knows what kind of people are needed to perform in the cauldron of Ibrox and he has contacts down south, which is something Rangers don't have at the moment. There is no scouting system at all and there is likely to be a need to bring in a number of new faces this summer.

If he gets promotion, he has done everything that could possibly have been asked of him. He deals with the media well and the fans can relate to him. From the way the supporters are turning up, I think they would back him 100 per cent if he got the job.

Stuart is now at a club that he has loved ever since he arrived in Glasgow and it is where he wants to be. The only loyalty he has is to Rangers Football Club.

He knew his time was up at Motherwell when he resigned last November ... he had to go.

Of course, part of him will be deeply disappointed for the Steelmen should they slip into the Championship, but he has to get his head down and think about his own club. These are the two most important games of the last three years at Ibrox.

He has a huge beast here that is desperate to get back into the big time and he has to feed it.

He still has friends at Motherwell, but dealing with them is something to approach when the tie is over. I would suggest there will not be much talking between himself and the people at Motherwell before these two games have been played.

Naturally, everyone within the footballing department will have been lifted by the news that Ibrox has been sold out for the first time this season ahead of tomorrow night's match.

The crowds that Rangers have attracted for the play-off matches shows that people are willing to turn out in numbers again, although tickets being priced at a fiver has helped.

I think it is essential, however, that Rangers now go up to the Premiership to keep those supporters coming back. Two or three months ago, I was thinking that, when you consider the extent of the job that has to be done at the club, that another season in the Championship might help the manager.

The longer the season has gone on, though, I have realised that it is absolutely imperative Rangers win promotion. They have got to get back into the Premiership now.

There will be more money up there. I think they will get 35,000 to 40,000 season ticket holders. I don't think Rangers will be challenging next season, but you would be looking for them to get into Europe and that raises extra finances as well.

The manager, whoever it happens to be, will need some degree of finance to bring in fresh talent. Around 11 players are out of contract and a number look sure to leave, but those who are involved in the Motherwell matches should regard them as an opportunity to put themselves in the shop window.

Richard Foster is one of those uncertain about their future, but he has been meriting special mention from McCall for his displays of late and he has been magnificent since he came back from injury.

He is as fit as hell and has played a big role in a number of recent victories. so it would not be a surprise to me if he was to land another deal.

Again, though, Foster and the players still have some major obstacles to negotiate. This is going to be a hard, hard encounter with Motherwell.

The more Rangers fans say that this is going to be a cakewalk, the more pressure it puts on their own team during what is a highly-pressurised time of the season anyway and the more it motivates the opposition.

I have Rangers as slight favourites over the two legs, but they need to play well and I certainly sense that they would have to take some kind of lead from the home match to Fir Park on Sunday.

on another note has McCall who some donr rate as a coach, got any players playing better since his arrival?

No Doubt Gallant pioneer will spin another negative yet he only wanted 14 players to turn up for training in March before McCall arrived and insisted guys like sheals, Law et al not bother turning up for training. Maybe his loud mouth with give us an insight!

Question regarding current squad.

we as a forum often spoke about players not playing to their potential or not performing pre McCall. His remit was to get those players heads turned at the time with hopefully a chance at the play offs.

So anyone else think, wallace, foster, macgregor, zaluskas (spelling sorry), law, shiels. murdoch. miller et al are not performing better? If so then credit to your coach staff!

And that my friends proves McCall the coach is not a bad as some would want you to believe!

And the biggest honour must be, these are not his players!

Some really do have short memories and I ask look back on even your own post around the Mid March and before!

Wallace - no.

Foster - yes.

McGregor - no.

Law - ever so slightly.

Shiels - no, he's only been given more of a chance by SM. He scored goals when given a chance under Ally.

Murdoch - yes.

Miller - no.

No one is saying McCall is a poor coach, it's common knowledge he's a good coach, he's just not a very good football manager and certainly nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

He's not pulling up any trees and his record so far is poor.