Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

I agree with that ethos but if we go up we need to hit the ground running

I don't think that would happen with Warburton & Co

But there is no guarantee we'll hit the ground running with anyone. At this stage Warburton would be a fantastic appointment.

The correct style of Manager and he works alongside someone who knows exactly what the Club is about. It's almost too good to be true.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We probably do need to start planning ahead though

We should've been planning ahead since the moment we entered divison 3. Instead, we need to rebuild the entire team in just a few weeks. Absolute joke.

Brought them up from league 1 and almost got promoted at the first time of asking. Also gets his team playing some pretty decent football. Think the comparisons with McCoist pretty much end at them being the same age.

If we do end up with him I hope that's all they have in common.

Should definetly be on the short list, Did wonders with a diddy club like Brentford.

Reading are a far bigger club than Brentford in London.

Has done a remarkable job and would do a good job for us.

I'm more than open to the idea of Warburton taking over, but I don't think he's without risk.

His teams play good football, but they concede lots of goals and that's something I don't think your teams can do if you manage us because most teams come with the intention of making it difficult. Boro disrupted their rhythm on Friday and they were never in the game as a result so what's his adapatability like?

He's also fairly inexperienced too. He's done really well at Brentford over an 18 month period and has hype just now, but will he carry on that success or is he just in a purple patch because he's been managing a club he's worked at for years and knows inside out?

Obviously there are going to be pros and cons to every manager we look to appoint but I hope the board really take their time and get the right man.

Should definetly be on the short list, Did wonders with a diddy club like Brentford.

Reading are a far bigger club than Brentford in London.

Has done a remarkable job and would do a good job for us.

You do know that Reading aren't 'in London' don't you? doh Brentford are a much bigger club in London than Reading because Brentford is actually in Greater London and not Berkshire!

I'm more than open to the idea of Warburton taking over, but I don't think he's without risk.

His teams play good football, but they concede lots of goals and that's something I don't think your teams can do if you manage us because most teams come with the intention of making it difficult. Boro disrupted their rhythm on Friday and they were never in the game as a result so what's his adapatability like?

He's also fairly inexperienced too. He's done really well at Brentford over an 18 month period and has hype just now, but will he carry on that success or is he just in a purple patch because he's been managing a club he's worked at for years and knows inside out?

Obviously there are going to be pros and cons to every manager we look to appoint but I hope the board really take their time and get the right man.

Totally fair points, mate.

Like we've talked about before it'll be impossible for us to attract a Manager that doesn't have negatives or a blip in their career. There are definitely Managers out there which are suited to what we 'need'. Adkins for example. :lol:

I'm just delighted that there seems to be something about these links, I had fully resigned myself to either being managed by Davies, McCall or Butcher. That's no dig at McCall by the way.

Could of course be a purple patch, but he must have something about him. As we well know to our cost, being at a club for years, working at it at a lower level and then being handed the reigns, it's absolutely no guarantee to success.

That said, you'd need to go some to fuck it up as spectacularly as McCoist managed it - no pun intended. Just because he's done something fairly special the once, indeed that doesn't mean he'd be able to replicate it; particularity at a club where the weight of expectation would be ten times that of Brentford.

I hear McCall doesn't want the job and would rather return to lesser role at Scotland..

That surprises me as he always seems Keen ,especially when you hear that he's looking at new players

I hope this pans out and we roll out this management team but all this speculation is just plain wrong.

speculation is being used to upset, mccall knows whats happening as for steps boy your source is mickey mouse.

Those on follow follow know my sources but for that reason dont post anymore but could not resist this short sentence.

speculation is being used to upset, mccall knows whats happening as for steps boy your source is mickey mouse.

Those on follow follow know my sources but for that reason dont post anymore but could not resist this short sentence.

Yer pal doon the pub, doesn't count as a source.