Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob Stienberg was saying on Football Weekly yesterday that Rafa doesn't really want the job. He's after a club in the champions league but he's staying in contact with them to give himself a back up plan incase he can't get one.

Would be a fantastic coup for West Ham if they got him. Bilic was the other name mentioned and one who I've never been too sure about.

I don't watch much any Turkish football but his side played well against Liverpool, yet I don't think he's done anything of note while at Besitkas. Whilst his time in Russia was a nightmare.

Davie Moyes is third favourite I think, with Bielsa a bit of an outsider.

Certainly an interesting pedigree.

The 'Rangers man' thing wouldn't be a problem in my eyes if the names mentioned were good enough mate, but they're not.

Weir's record at Blades - P13 W1 D3 L9.

Doesn't make for good reading.

Davie Weir isn't the manager though, Warburton is.

Realistically what we need is a coach, who can come into the club with a fresh approach to training, diets, tactics etc.

I feel there's too much that needs doing for one person to sort, so I'd look to appoint a director of football to sort the scouting etc out.

We should be speaking to someone like huw Jenkins, and asking what he did at Swansea years ago when he took charge. They are a side now that regardless of the manager in charge, play similar football and have a clear vision in the transfer market

Its a good fit with Davie Weir and the technical/youth director Warburton works with all coming as a package but he's not that exciting. If Warburton is an indication of the kind of manager we are looking for though I am very pleased. I doubt McCall will get the job now, just a feeling that King sees the rebuild of Rangers as a job for fresh eyes unconnected to the past.

They ( Weir & Warburton ) were at Hampden tonight with Murray. Interesting.

Not a nice feeling if you are McCall.

If that's true it's totally out of order. Mccall has a vital job to do and if he achieves promotion he should be the manager. You can't have these distractions

You're right. What the fuck we playing at looking at an up and coming manager with a growing reputation.

What credentials would you look for then?

It's fucking outrageous! How dare the club look at potentially better Managers when we have a caretaker Manager!!!!

FUCKIN' BOOOOO!

You're right. What the fuck we playing at looking at an up and coming manager with a growing reputation.

What credentials would you look for then?

I'm not sure some people have grasped that he was DoF at Brentford for 2 years before he became manager and had a succesful spell at Watfords Academy prior to that. Davie was highly regarded as a coach at Everton and Frank McParland also has a decent track record.

If we can get all 3 in we may see the changes we have all been crying out for for 3 years now.

Warburton has been a manager for 18 months. He knows more about the stock exchange than football management.

Say no more.

He was a Youth Manager at Watford before he took on the Sporting Director role at Brentford, and then he became the Manager, and took a team destined for nothing more than mid-table, into the play-off spots, and almost had them in the Barclay's Premier League.

Say no more.

Warburton has been a manager for 18 months. He knows more about the stock exchange than football management.

Say no more.

How long was he at Watford and DoF at Brentford for? That Guardiola bloke should never have been a manager at Barca he had no managerial experience at all. :)

He was a Youth Manager at Watford before he took on the Sporting Director role at Brentford, and then he became the Manager, and took a team destined for nothing more than mid-table, into the play-off spots, and almost had them in the Barclay's Premier League.

Say no more.

Pesky facts. His semi pro football career was just a figment too and his self funded tour of European clubs to look at coaching methods is totally irrelevant?