Nicky Clark

Wallace did well yesterday. He was up that left side all day giving us width and providing the team with an outball. He even scored the goal that got us back in the game. Foster did not play better than Wallace yesterday.

You may want to believe that I have an agenda but it's not the case. If Foster played well I'd say so, but he didn't. I don't see what Foster brings to this team at all and the sooner he is out of the club the better.

Wallace played the Queens player on side when they went through in the 2nd half and almost scored a 2nd, was AWOL when their winger crossed the ball in unchallenged for their goal and as I've already said repeatedly refused to try and beat their right back and get a cross into the box, instead turning back and quite often playing a short pass back to the man that sent him up the wing in the first place.

I've nothing against Wallace, arguably one of our best players if not the best IMO, but aside from his goal yesterday I thought he had a shite game.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark offered nothing throughout the entire game, if prizes were given for effort he would be right up there, also alongside Vuckic his deficiencies are highlighted 10 fold. I also agree that Wallace although talented had a poor game. Was however impressed by Shiels, thought he had his best game in his three years at our club!

Saying the Scottish league one is equivalent to junior football is very much a ridiculous statement.

No there's not much difference,plenty of junior players play in the scottish leagues,mcgregor,balatatoni of thistle,plenty others

And there average at best

Wallace played the Queens player on side when they went through in the 2nd half and almost scored a 2nd, was AWOL when their winger crossed the ball in unchallenged for their goal and as I've already said repeatedly refused to try and beat their right back and get a cross into the box, instead turning back and quite often playing a short pass back to the man that sent him up the wing in the first place.

I've nothing against Wallace, arguably one of our best players if not the best IMO, but aside from his goal yesterday I thought he had a shite game.

I was looking at the match ratings there as given out by the Daily Record in todays paper.

RANGERS

Cammy Bell: Little to do until beaten by Lyle’s header - 6

Richard Foster: Started the match positively with several good deliveries into the box - 6

Darren McGregor: Booked for a foul on Reilly but was solid enough - 6

Marius Zaliukas: Looks too casual at times and suffered from that again - 6

Lee Wallace: Forged forward effectively on the left and grabbed crucial goal - 7

Nicky Law: Enjoyed a bright, positive start running at Queens from deep - 7

Andy Murdoch: Sat in front of his defence and kept it neat and tidy - 6

Dean Shiels: Saw plenty of the ball and was a creative force for his team - 8

STAR MAN - HARIS VUCKIC: Always dangerous and his clearance off his own line was top notch - 8

Nicky Clark: Failed to put away an early chance but played a big part in leveller - 6

Kenny Miller: Some good touches and worked his socks off - 6

(http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-match-reports/rangers-1-queen-south-1-5714038)

Even they think Wallace played better than Foster!

No there's not much difference,plenty of junior players play in the scottish leagues,mcgregor,balatatoni of thistle,plenty others

And there average at best

But stand outs in their junior teams. Much like the junior teams being littered with ex league 1 & 2 players who couldn't quite make the grade in the pro leagues.

Clear difference in quality between the leagues.

Wallace did well yesterday. He was up that left side all day giving us width and providing the team with an outball. He even scored the goal that got us back in the game. Foster did not play better than Wallace yesterday.

You may want to believe that I have an agenda but it's not the case. If Foster played well I'd say so, but he didn't. I don't see what Foster brings to this team at all and the sooner he is out of the club the better.

Wallace made an important contribution yesterday. Could you take us through the goal that Nicky Clark scored. You seem to be the only one who noticed it. :)

I was looking at the match ratings there as given out by the Daily Record in todays paper.

RANGERS

Cammy Bell: Little to do until beaten by Lyles header - 6

Richard Foster: Started the match positively with several good deliveries into the box - 6

Darren McGregor: Booked for a foul on Reilly but was solid enough - 6

Marius Zaliukas: Looks too casual at times and suffered from that again - 6

Lee Wallace: Forged forward effectively on the left and grabbed crucial goal - 7

Nicky Law: Enjoyed a bright, positive start running at Queens from deep - 7

Andy Murdoch: Sat in front of his defence and kept it neat and tidy - 6

Dean Shiels: Saw plenty of the ball and was a creative force for his team - 8

STAR MAN - HARIS VUCKIC: Always dangerous and his clearance off his own line was top notch - 8

Nicky Clark: Failed to put away an early chance but played a big part in leveller - 6

Kenny Miller: Some good touches and worked his socks off - 6

(http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-match-reports/rangers-1-queen-south-1-5714038)

Even they think Wallace played better than Foster!

Sorry mate you've lost all credibility in this debate by using a link from the daily rebel to back up your argument.

In fairness. it was him who chested down the ball for Wallace to score.

Nonetheless, he does seem to be, as stated, hugely ineffective otherwise and did give the ball away cheaply for their goal.

Maybe Rangers and the stress of events this season have been too much for him. Unfortunately, it looks like he hasn't cut it.

It's galling to see Derek Lyle, one of those players you think wouldn't have stood out in a match you played in, scoring for fun against us. He also looks like a 50+ year old British gangster exiled to the Costa Del Crime, with his fake tan and fake teeth.

In fairness. it was him who chested down the ball for Wallace to score.

Nonetheless, he does seem to be, as stated, hugely ineffective otherwise and did give the ball away cheaply for their goal.

Maybe Rangers and the stress of events this season have been too much for him.

It's galling to see Derek Lyle, one of those players you think wouldn't have stood out in a match you played in, scoring for fun against us.

We let the cross ball come in too easy for Lyle to score we should have closed down quicker.

So Nicky Clark is the new whipping boy now Jig is out of the squad.

What do you expect hime to do? Tell McCall he doesn't want to play because he isn't good enough?

Maybe a bit of support and a couple of goals and his confidence will come back. He's not a world beater but surely deserves a bit of encouragement from the stands.

The only way we will move forward as a team, and a club is by improving the playing staff. Vuckic in my opinion wouldn't have looked out of place in any of our 90's champion winning sides, sadly Nicky Clark looks out of place in a side that finished 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football!

He's a likable lad who puts in a shed load of effort, unfortunately he's one of the reasons why we are in the play off's. Regardless of what league we are in next season I personally don't see a place for him, or several other high profile players having a future at our club!

What about Miller, Boyd, and Daly? Based on what you've seen from those three this season are they good enough to play SPFL top-tier football? Clark has been our best striker this season.

No none of them can take us forward IMO.

Clark is working his ass off in a team full of cunts who haven't been trying for a long time. He showed he has an eye for goal at QotS scoring 40 goals. I think he's doing a good job leading the line and see him as a long-term replacement for Kenny Miller.

Clarke is playing in the right division. Never in a million years is he Gers class and it's obvious to most the Rangers jersey is too heavy for him, Sadly his ability does not match his workrate.

Look, he scored 40 for QOTS, so he is a proven goalscorer. If people took the time to watch some of the runs he makes then they will realise that he actually does have a good footballing brain, unlike some of those who pass comments on here having never ever made the grade. His first touch isn't the best, granted, but that can be worked on. The guy gives everything in the game, and if we had a real quality player alongside him then it could be a great partnership. It's about time we started supporting the team on RM instead of looking for every opportunity to ruin a player's confidence. Nicky will come good . I would love to see him and Hardie start on Wednesday night, as I think that could be a good partnership for the future.

Well i certainly lol'd.

The kid has had one freak season. He was released by the likes of Aberdeen for a reason. I would imagine most of us would give our all, can we all play too? Nicky Clark has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he could play in the SPFL, never mind for Rangers. He lacks so much to be a professional footballer of any decent standard. He's just rubbish.

Sorry mate you've lost all credibility in this debate by using a link from the daily rebel to back up your argument.

You think Foster's a good player and wouldn't have Dick Advocaat back as thae manager. Where's your credibility?

The only way we will move forward as a team, and a club is by improving the playing staff. Vuckic in my opinion wouldn't have looked out of place in any of our 90's champion winning sides, sadly Nicky Clark looks out of place in a side that finished 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football!

He's a likable lad who puts in a shed load of effort, unfortunately he's one of the reasons why we are in the play off's. Regardless of what league we are in next season I personally don't see a place for him, or several other high profile players having a future at our club!

Fuckin' hell

You think Foster's a good player and wouldn't have Dick Advocaat back as thae manager. Where's your credibility?

There's a quote function on the site mate, feel free to use it and show me where I said Foster is a good player.

And no, I wouldn't have Advocaat back as manager. I stand by that. Sick of the mentality of bringing back former players and managers.

Also still waiting on you talking us through Nicky Clark's goal yesterday.

I think he'll be dropped on Wednesday and McCall will go for a 3-5-2 with Vuckic just behind Miller. We need a striker that will actually go into the box as the amount of times we don't have anyone in the box when we are attacking is frightening!

It's galling to see Derek Lyle, one of those players you think wouldn't have stood out in a match you played in, scoring for fun against us. He also looks like a 50+ year old British gangster exiled to the Costa Del Crime, with his fake tan and fake teeth.

He looks like Laura Palmers old man out of TwinPeaks