Hand In Heart, Did You Ever Fancy Us For Promotion?

G.E.C.

I have to say no, the first Hibs defeat (3-1) made my mind up.

Had serious concerns during pre season. I was one of many that watched Ventura Fushion school us at 3am.

Losing to Hearts on day one laid down the marker.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the playoffs, I felt we were always going to fall short playing 6 games in 2 weeks.

Would finishing second have made a difference? probably not because Motherwells sharpness was always going to be there.

Yes, until I saw us v Hibs in 2-1 Cup win and then 2-1 defeat v Hearts.

After that I'd always been of the opinion that we'd be very lucky to get up at all never mind through the play-offs and that McCoist would have to go immediately.

Sadly I think the change came far too late.

I did not, hell even before the play offs i thought QOTS would do us but with some ground out results i had a wee bit more belief.

Tonight has floored me though but i find myself forcing belief that we'll go up because i simply don't see the alternative as being something we can come through.

Not too much after so many disappointments, too may draws, and shock losses at the back end of the season. But a dim ray of hope came back when we reached these play-offs.

Sad as it was to watch so many players not turn in a decent performance last night, I still think we are in with a decent chance of going up on Sunday.

So although I had my doubts all through the latter part of the season, I will not accept defeat just yet, and hope we can turn it around on the day, anything can happen as it is only half time.

No Surrender Loyal.

:uk:

Before the season, yes, if only because of it being second tier of Scottish football and reasoning that a trained monkey should be able to assemble full-time, highly-paid footballers, into a vaguely competent team.

Obviously it's got progressively worse since such days of optimistic folly - as others have said, hoping this rabble could organise themselves for six games was the biggest of asks.

In regards to the playoffs, I felt we were always going to fall short playing 6 games in 2 weeks.

Would finishing second have made a difference? probably not because Motherwells sharpness was always going to be there.

After Stuart McCall came in I thought we'd have a better chance of going up if we finished second and next to no chance if we finished 3rd/4th but we've taken it to the very last day with a slim chance of still pulling it off.

there was actually a point this season where I didn't even fancy us to make the play-offs under Kenny McDowell.

We have a squad, capable enough and paid enough, which has the ability to chuck that Hearts side around Ibrox and that should have happened on the first day of the Championship season.

I don't think it was until Hearts' lead hit double figures that I unwillingly accepted that automatic promotion was gone.

A combination of bad management through McCoist, McDowall and McCall, plus poor performances from the players, has cost us, big time.