Ibrox Pitch Invasion

rfc_watp

Only time I remember being on the park at a game at Ibrox was when a gas cannister exploded in the hamburger stand at the back of the Copland Terrace during a midweek game against Motherwell. Was at the time of the IRA bombings, couple of thousand piled on to the park. Settled down quickly and me and the mates took the opportunity to skip in to the seated Centenary Stand.

Only other time I was on a pitch was a mini-invasion invasion at Hampden after a Scotland Peru friendly.

Saw a few minor spill overs when the bottles flew at games in early 70s, nothing memorable.

Watched the 1980 Hampden riot invasion from the enclosure, and was too young to be allowed to Barcelona 1972.

After seeing Motherwell fans having their 'traditional' end of season pitch invasion, it got me thinking.

Has there ever been a pitch invasion at Ibrox from our own fans?

oh so the use of the word makes it OK to break the rules of the land

in that case the tradition of tbb is good to go then

am i trippin when i say i remember back in the day that there used to always be folk jumpin the barriers whenever we scored? not exactly pitch invasions but i remember i used to see folk jumping the wll all the time, may just be me remembering big games and thinking it was a regular thing

Was one at Ibrox on Helicopter Sunday, quickly died down though as the culprits were booed and kicked out, players were on the pitch with their waines and the majority seemed to be worried for their safety.

No good can come from a pitch invasion really, but the Motherwell rent boys have set the standard, they're now considered "obligatory", "traditional" and "good humoured".

I'm looking forward to securing promotion next season and invading the pitch v St Mirren and Hibs.