5% Season Ticket Hike

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the price goes up by 5% or 10% or somewhere in between, or even more. I've no idea. I've certainly not received any emails from the Club today about ST renewals.

I can't see ST prices being announced in isolation. Not in these times. It's bound to be part of an overall package of information that King or the Board would release. They surely must know that they have to sell the future. They surely are not just sitting in the Boardroom bunker and going to issue a press release with the message followed by some RTV interview then retreat back to the bar and wait for the ST money to roll in - from all 35000 or so contributors.

Somebody - don't know who - is going to stand up and make a packaged announcement and issue a rallying call for loyalty and so on and then say what the prices will be. Maybe a sales pitch along the lines of...

• Apology for the failure to win promotion. Players that remain are feeling the pain big time and will redouble their efforts for next season. 'X' number of players have now left and are off the books so we are saving £Yk money with immediate effect.
  • New start. The past is past. Not going to look in rear view mirror. Only focussed on the future and delivering football success and financial health
  • Board are immediately investing £Zm over the next 'X' months to help fund the recovery. Planning to raise more by doing [whatever......]
  • Stuart has our thanks for managing the team over the last few months and we wish him well for the future. We have appointed [??] to be the Manager with immediate effect and have appointed [??] to be the DOF and appointed [??] to form and run a modern scouting system.
  • We have appointed [??] to be CEO and [??] to be FD - they start today.
  • The new season starts on [July] and we have between now and then to get ready to start the new season in the sort of shape that will be needed to get promotion next season.
  • We are all in this together and we all want promotion next season then success in the top flight. To fund that the Board will inject £Xm and will seek to raise another £Ym. We are encouraging the Support to help. We are keeping ST prices as affordable as we believe we can and the prices are [insert numbers]. 35000 STs will generate £Zm to help fund the football objective next season.
  • Can also advise that we have come to an amicable arrangement with Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowell which sees their contracts terminated today.
  • We remain in discussion with Mike Ashley and will report back on the outcome at a later time. We remain optimistic that it is in SD's and Rangers' best commercial interests to rebalance the commercial contracts.
  • Let's make next season a memorable one for all the right football reasons.

Cue cash registers whirring as the ST dosh rolls in on the back of the sales pitch or if not that then on the back of loyalty that - to its credit - looks way beyond the merits or otherwise of King and the Board and is only concerned about the Club itself. Been there, done that for over 6 decades. Not this time though - seen far too much greed and failure in the Club in the last few years to plunge yet more ST cash until I see clear evidence of King and the Board delivering on all of their pre-egm financial and other commitments. I will not be sold hollow promises or evasive commitment or backtracking on commitments. That doesn't mean I wont be at games - just will pay as I go to a value less than the ST I would otherwise have bought and cert

Apologies. Made an arse of multi-quoting.

Should be reduced, if anything.

Simply pricing folk out of the game.

Then where does the money come from to fund (re)building the team? Fair enough if it brings folk flooding into the ground but most folk's objection is that the team isn't worth watching. Charge more; afford a better team structure; attract more punters. It all makes sense and, given that prices are still well below what they were before going bust, that's surely all good, no?

• Apology for the failure to win promotion. Players that remain are feeling the pain big time and will redouble their efforts for next season. 'X' number of players have now left and are off the books so we are saving £Yk money with immediate effect.
  • New start. The past is past. Not going to look in rear view mirror. Only focussed on the future and delivering football success and financial health
  • Board are immediately investing £Zm over the next 'X' months to help fund the recovery. Planning to raise more by doing [whatever......]Should have had this message out already - regardless of the play-off result
  • Stuart has our thanks for managing the team over the last few months and we wish him well for the future. We have appointed [??] to be the Manager with immediate effect and have appointed [??] to be the DOF and appointed [??] to form and run a modern scouting system.The board should have confirmed their thanks for all he's done and let everyone know that he's off on Monday morning.
  • We are all in this together and we all want promotion next season then success in the top flight. To fund that the Board will inject £Xm and will seek to raise another £Ym. We are encouraging the Support to help. We are keeping ST prices as affordable as we believe we can and the prices are [insert numbers]. 35000 STs after tax will generate £Zm to help fund the football objective next season.
  • Can also advise that we have come to an amicable arrangement with Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowell which sees their contracts terminated today. Never going to happen without a settlement. Why should it? A contract's a contract.
  • We remain in discussion with Mike Ashley and will report back on the outcome at a later time. We remain optimistic that it is in SD's and Rangers' best commercial interests to rebalance the commercial contracts.

Don't you mean We'll be in for a shock, I've said it 1000 times on this Forum, we need to buy the season tickets regardless of board performance and we need to stop blaming board. If we fill Ibrox every week then we'll get where we're going but King and Cos input should not effect the purchasing of season tickets. Mine will be bought as usual out of a sense of duty regardless of the board, manager or players. Not because I'm stupid but because I love the Rangers . Anyone who's purchase is conditional is not in a position to criticise anyone imo.

Hear what you are saying about filling Ibrox. Let's be attractive to investors by impressing them with our support. Don't need to buy a season ticket, just turn up

and show your support for the club. Not the board if you don't want to. It is up to the fans to turn Ibrox into a fortress again. Take no shit from anyone again.

We are the ones that really matter here. Some are contributing to share schemes as well. And in other ways whether it be buying Lion Brand Tops and anything else that is going around. Like it or lump it. No matter.

We are the people. Not individuals. Let's get behind the club and show our true support for what we all love and care about........... Rangers FC

Look if you don't want to renew then don't, but save us your usual bullshit.

your asking for their money yet you might not buy a book?

Again I will spell it out to you, Dave King does not own Rangers, he is a shareholder just like me.

He will not be given the club anything unless the money is a loan or in return for more shares.

you dress it up any way you want but the truth why would he just give 10million to the club when Ashley owns nearly 10 percent of it.

We need to cut our cord accordingly and that means season ticket renewals as always.

Time people like you got a grip and supported the club.

If the glory hunters want to go then let them go, I will be renewing my books regardless as that what real Rangers fans do

King should just keep his mouth shut then and stop talking nonsense. Tells the fans what they want to hear then backtracks and gets his buddies to try and convince others that wasn't what he said at all.

I don't know if the price goes up by 5% or 10% or somewhere in between, or even more. I've no idea. I've certainly not received any emails from the Club today about ST renewals.

I can't see ST prices being announced in isolation. Not in these times. It's bound to be part of an overall package of information that King or the Board would release. They surely must know that they have to sell the future. They surely are not just sitting in the Boardroom bunker and going to issue a press release with the message followed by some RTV interview then retreat back to the bar and wait for the ST money to roll in - from all 35000 or so contributors.

Somebody - don't know who - is going to stand up and make a packaged announcement and issue a rallying call for loyalty and so on and then say what the prices will be. Maybe a sales pitch along the lines of...

• Board are immediately investing £Zm over the next 'X' months to help fund the recovery. Planning to raise more by doing [whatever......]
  • Stuart has our thanks for managing the team over the last few months and we wish him well for the future. We have appointed [??] to be the Manager with immediate effect and have appointed [??] to be the DOF and appointed [??] to form and run a modern scouting system.
  • We have appointed [??] to be CEO and [??] to be FD - they start today.
  • The new season starts on [July] and we have between now and then to get ready to start the new season in the sort of shape that will be needed to get promotion next season.
  • We are all in this together and we all want promotion next season then success in the top flight. To fund that the Board will inject £Xm and will seek to raise another £Ym. We are encouraging the Support to help. We are keeping ST prices as affordable as we believe we can and the prices are [insert numbers]. 35000 STs will generate £Zm to help fund the football objective next season.
  • Can also advise that we have come to an amicable arrangement with Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowell which sees their contracts terminated today.

Cue cash registers whirring as the ST dosh rolls in on the back of the sales pitch or if not that then on the back of loyalty that - to its credit - looks way beyond the merits or otherwise of King and the Board and is only concerned about the Club itself. Been there, done that for over 6 decades. Not this time though - seen far too much greed and failure in the Club in the last few years to plunge yet more ST cash until I see clear evidence of King and the Board delivering on all of their pre-egm financial and other commitments. I will not be sold hollow promises or evasive commitment or backtracking on commitments. That doesn't mean I wont be at games - just will pay as I go to a value less than the ST I would otherwise have bought and cert

You'll get tickets every second week outside the giro dome no bother.

No chance has it only went up 5%. Pretty sure I was around £350 last year and I'm £402 now. It won't let me see my previous transactions to check that.

Just checked mine online, and it's actually less than than 5% for my seat. Last season was £356 and this season it's £360 in SW1.