Lets Cheer Ourselves Up With A Few Tales

Its been done before i know but since Sunday the limited posters have been beside themselves on here with all their horseshit , freedom of speech on RM i suppose but fuck em.

The tales of Manchester for those that were there will live for a lifetime and we all have many. Lets have some of yours and here is one of my highlights.

We arrived, three of us around lunchtime, we checked into our hotel in the Stockport area and as we had a refreshment in the beer garden sitting in glorious sunshine my brother in law declared if we won we would move on tomorrow to Blackpool, stay the week and he was paying for everything. Oh the anticipation of Rangers winning a European trophy!

Moving around Manchester City centre was difficult meeting the contact who had our tickets but after that we settled in either a Lloyds or Yates but it had flags behind the ramp and the bar staff decked out in the famous colours.

After a charge up the local gendarmes couldnt have been more friendly advising to move on foot and giving directions we moved forward.

As we moved forth and found an off licence which we discretely loaded up with the fuel and continued on our pilgrimage, the further we went the more bears on foot joined the masses.

Spirits were high and the atmosphere fantastic, what sticks out in my mind was it was such a glorious evening and the locals were out in their gardens at their front gates and openly shaking hands with Rangers fans and wishing us good luck.

My brother in law a great bear like myself delayed us and he shook hands with all the neighbours and a couple of passing Russians.

Good times.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with Manchester, but I mind we beat the tarriers at Ibrox about 10 years ago and our old bus was a minibus and it was driving through parkhead cross after the game and there was a group of celtic fans walking depressed. My cousin opens the windae. "Gerrit up ye ya fenian bashturts..of fuck...shtoap...wait...ma teeth".

He falsers came out in the middle of parkhead cross. :lol:

I went hospitality with the club and took my Dad who had recently taken a stroke, he was touching 70 and had still been attending Rangers games regularly well into his 60s,

It was the only way I could get him there and look after him. My eldest was raging as he wanted to go but I told him I was returning a favour to my auld man for all he did for me when he took me to see the Gers, my son would have plenty time to see Rangers play in a Euro Final, his Papa did not.

We left from The Albion and travelled down in a convoy of buses, took ages and we never really spent a lot of time on the motorway.

My Dad wanted to see the bears in Picadilly but it was far too busy for him and he never felt comfortable so we went back to the stadium and milled around until the hospitality suites opened, Then we went inside and had dinner and got fucked with the bevy, pre match, half time and after the game and slept all the way home on the bus.

My Auld man is still here and he talks about it fondly to this day. Its a memory I will cherish when he is gone.

Nothing to do with Manchester, but I mind we beat the tarriers at Ibrox about 10 years ago and our old bus was a minibus and it was driving through parkhead cross after the game and there was a group of celtic fans walking depressed. My cousin opens the windae. "Gerrit up ye ya fenian bashturts..of fuck...shtoap...wait...ma teeth".

I was a kid at my first Rangers v Celtic cup final during the 75-76 Treble season, We won 1-0 and as we were leaving Hampden a group of tarriers put a brick through our window, I was showered with glass.

The bus convenor stopped the bus and got off and knocked utter fuck out of the tarrier whilst his mates stood back and watched and the rest of our bus applauded.

I was a young guy away at lot of euro sways, red star is one that is a belter, but the scariest got me was the one at tranmirre when we had 2 stands and my mum had a ticket and I didn't so I travelled up from Eastbourne in the south of England and hoped to buy a ticket, the police decided as there was 5000 fans outside they would open another stand as they didn't want us outside, there was no way out, and I was personally battered back by polis saying "how the fuck did you get in". Just after Hillsboro what the fuck is that's out, bastards. They let us out through a club house and saved lives no doubt.

Was in a bar after an Old firm game. Was about 10 or 12 ish yrs old. Singing Billy Boys repeatedly with my stepdad who is a wolves fan as loud as we could.. didn't realise it was a Celtic dominant local, after an hour i was politely asked the leave by a Tim, so my stepdad agreed, after knocking him on his ass! Hahahaha

:lol: quality.

Off topic. The day we won the league with Souness for the first time at Pittodrie . I'd followed all season and got a ticket in the ballot for the game. Was on the pitch at the end. The train journey back that night was a fucking blast. Singing all the way then back to the pub where all my friends who hadn't got tickets were with my scarf round my napper yo regale them with tales of the day out. Superb.

Mind being in a supermarket at full voice singing TBB and doing the bouncy shelfs where almost empty of drink hahaha bears just opening beers as they waited in the Q to pay for them.. fucking magic.

Me and my cousin just stuck a cheap case a belgian lager in the basket and walked out with the basket. :lol:

Didnt read any post after the first but manchester was brilliant. stayed in blackpool two nights before the game and went to piccadilly sq a think its called. And after the game the heavy handed manc police started there shite. But some were ok at the supporters bus bit. Anyway bit of a random rabble lol but we will bounce back we are a massive club on the return lf being a super power again no problem. And if anyone ask yes i have had a vodka hahaha. WATP

Didnt read any post after the first but manchester was brilliant. stayed in blackpool two nights before the game and went to piccadilly sq a think its called. And after the game the heavy handed manc police started there shite. But some were ok at the supporters bus bit. Anyway bit of a random rabble lol but we will bounce back we are a massive club on the return lf being a super power again no problem. And if anyone ask yes i have had a vodka hahaha. WATP

You ever thought of starting a blog mate?

Me and my mate were working down in Kendal at the Lake District when it was decided that Rangers would play Shelbourne at Tranmere's ground.

Only a couple of hours or so away , we decided to ' disappear ' early and take the works van to the game. Despite phone calls to guys we knew at home , we were ticketless . Driving down , we'd pass Supporters buses , making the sign of a ' T ' to see if any had spare tickets , to no avail.

Got to Tranmere about an hour before kick off , and proceeded to go about the pubs to see if anyone had any spare tickets , not even stopping once for a drink ! Again , to no avail.

With about 15 minutes to kick off , and given up hope , we were standing outside the ground , wondering what to do , and decided to approach a steward in the hope he'd take a wee bung.

' Any chance of getting in ? ' said we .

' Aye ' he says , ' there's a pay in gate right there '