First Signings

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a free I think it'd be daft not to, especially with the experience of the Championship under his belt. While I don't think he was great against us last Season he was part of a very successful Hearts defence.

Plus I'd imagine he suits Warburton's style and trusts Davie Weir.

Yeah, I'd trust Weir to be able to coach him into a more commanding defender.

I still think Florent Cuvelier will be strongly linked with us.

Well out of favour at Sheffield Utd but a player who Weir spent six figures on when he got the job there.

He's still young, probably wouldn't cost a lot and he plays like the sort of player who would fit into a Warburton team too.

Considering the way Warburton's teams play from the back I think Wilson would be a good signing.

Good balance with him and mcgregor I think. One is quick, strong as an ox good in the air and the other is a good defender, little bit slower but can bring the ball out and play it

I think Mark will have his own targets, having had a good look at whats available in the championship and league one, that after all is probably a better standard than the targets mentioned in the OP are playing, they would struggle at championship level and far too parochial sounding.

What worries me about McGregor is the Schoolboy defending at times, hands all over every player, and great for 80% of the game he then switches off.

Any ball coming straight at McGregor he wins any coming from cross balls he lets the man in between him to score.

I think Mark will have his own targets, having had a good look at whats available in the championship and league one, that after all is probably a better standard than the targets mentioned in the OP are playing, they would struggle at championship level and far too parochial sounding.

A lot of players would be reluctant to leave the English championship for the Scottish championship.

I can't make up my mind whether we'll be shopping in the freebie / bargain basement buys for another year in the Championship or whether a statement of intent will be made by the board this summer.

However, if Wilson was going to the mhanks I'd have thought they would have announced it by now so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at us.