New Backroom Staff?

boyd09

With our new Manager in place and Davie back to assist him,I was wondering what other changes would take place with Backroom staff
What has happened to durie , Jim Stewart, will he bring in his own men ? I see the under 20s under Durrant are off to Northern Ireland, I find it worrying that if we're going to be working with the youth, that we haven't made changes with the coaches there, I know it's early days but I would have thought our new boss would Want his own man in to install his coaching ideas at that level right away?

I hope your right guys , I just thought as a lot of managers do, he might have or he might be trying to bring guys from brentford, or is there a place for Cathro with the youths and under 20 s guess we need to wait and see ,

I hope your right guys , I just thought as a lot of managers do, he might have or he might be trying to bring guys from brentford, or is there a place for Cathro with the youths and under 20 s guess we need to wait and see ,

I think had there been no coaches in place he'd needed to have got people in sharpish but in our situation there are people in those roles and the players are on holiday. I'd expect his own people to come in if he doesn't think the current staff will fit in with his new vision. MW had said the footballing vision has to be the same throughout the club from the top team all the way down to the youngest.

In terms of his priorities he has said its the playing squad and then he has to ensure he creates an environment for them to enjoy their work and flourish i.e. Day to day coaching, training, diet etc.

All in good time.

Think although I could be wrong that only him and Davie Weir left Brenford so It was not a massed exodus. Given what I have seen of his character I could not see him poaching people from there so either we are stuck with the same people which hopefully he changes how they train or new ones from elsewhere are recruited

Cathro will end up as an assistant at a big club, or a manager somewhere else.

My understanding is that Warburton likes the Technical Director model, where the Technical Director is subservient to the manager. The Technical Director would/should be the next main appointment as he will be the guy that allows Warburton to focus on the first team matters but still implement his 'philosophy' in all areas of the club. I think it was Frank McParland he had at Brentford but not sure if he left or stayed.