Where Is The Great David Holmes ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the great pleasure of meeting the man after an end of season game away to Falkirk when we are all chanting "Roberts must stay" ? Him and his wife chatted away to us. I would have thought he was no longer with us, hope I'm wrong.

Had the great pleasure of meeting the man after an end of season game away to Falkirk when we are all chanting "Roberts must stay" ? Him and his wife chatted away to us. I would have thought he was no longer with us, hope I'm wrong.

He was a Falkirk man originally, wasn't he?

Always pisses me off when history gets re-written and Murray gets the accolades that Holmes so richly deserves.

This

Had the revolutionary thinking to bring Souness in and start a new era for the Club, was always a credit and stalwart to Rangers .The ball was already rolling when Murray came on the scene as Holmes had already done all the hard work.

Agreed, he set out and laid the rock solid foundations that made it so easy for DM, and this should be more widely known to all.

:uk:

David Holmes should have a plaque or a bust installed at the bottom of the Marble staircase to remind visitors that without David Holmes foresight, Rangers FC and Ibrox stadium as we know it today would possibly not exist.

Every Rangers fan should forever be thankful to that man for the foundations he put in place both off and on the park during his time with us.

David Holmes should have a plaque or a bust installed at the bottom of the Marble staircase to remind visitors that without David Holmes foresight, Rangers FC and Ibrox stadium as we know it today would possibly not exist.

Every Rangers fan should forever be thankful to that man for the foundations he put in place both off and on the park during his time with us.

Now that would be something worthwhile and no-one would be more deserving of this than him, a fitting gesture for a man of true vision ..... one of a kind OZ.

:uk:

Didn't David work for The Lawrence Group? and placed in the Ibrox chair because Lawrence Marlborough didn't want to be chairman, as he was preparing to move the company to California, I seem to remember this, so it was always going to be a temporary placement until a new owner took over, which was unfortunate.

Always liked listening to Mr Holmes, you could tell he was sincere and always wanted the best for the club, one of the good guys.

Didn't David work for The Lawrence Group? and placed in the Ibrox chair because Lawrence Marlborough didn't want to be chairman, as he was preparing to move the company to California, I seem to remember this, so it was always going to be a temporary placement until a new owner took over, which was unfortunate.

Always liked listening to Mr Holmes, you could tell he was sincere and always wanted the best for the club, one of the good guys.

Just showed how getting the right man in the right place could turn a shambles around (quickly, at that!).

I wish some of his successors had paid attention.

From the little available online info it seems up until a few years ago he was a director of a housebuilding company and now is enjoying his retirement.

Seems like a guy quite happy to sit out of the limelight, have Rangers ever done anything to truly honour him? Be nice when everything a bit more settled if we did if we never really have.

Just showed how getting the right man in the right place could turn a shambles around (quickly, at that!).

I wish some of his successors had paid attention.

It was absolutely incredible the foresight in bringing in Souness to completely reverse the fortunes of the club, remember this was a man (Souness) who had never managed before, so it proves your statement "getting the right man in the right place" correct, someone without experience can get the job done as long as he's the right man.