Danny Wilson Done Deal

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm delighted with his appointment - hopefully it's a formality from here on in. I was disappointed when he was sold to Liverpool as I thought that he would have been a mainstay in our backline for a long time. Hopefully he now has that chance again.

Wee prick thinks he's going for a treble!!

He's fucked though. No way are we not winning the league this time.

Must be a sickener being promoted 2 years on the trot and both times ending up back in the same league lol

Sends a nice wee message to Hearts as well. Doesn't matter what happens, at the end of the day we'll still get your best players because we're Rangers. GIRFUY.

And the added bonus of sticking a fat finger up in the face of Chris Mutton :D

"He said no thanks.....!"

Apologies , its the way i was brought up , seems its a crime now .........

If they had came for him he wouldn't be anywhere near Ibrox.

Been associated with us since he was 9, turned them down once already...

I'm guessing you're not really basing your assumption on anything other than hearsay.

Doesn't matter, he's here now. (tu)

Sorry i make a point of not clicking on anything to do with that rag.

DANNY WILSON insists he would have been STUPID to join Celtic on loan last month.

The former Rangers kid, who moved to Liverpool for s2million in the summer, was wanted by Hoops manager Neil Lennon when he faced a defensive crisis.

Celtic spoke to the Reds about taking Wilson on loan but the bid was rejected by gaffer Kenny Dalglish, who was instrumental in taking the 19-year-old to Merseyside.

Now the defender has spoken for the first time about why moving to Celtic was NEVER an option.

He said: "My reaction when I heard Celtic had asked about a loan was like everyone else's. It's just stupid, isn't it?

"After being associated with Rangers for so long - I was there from age nine - it was never on the cards.

"I have no interest in going to Celtic. Would I have gone to another club on loan? Maybe.

"But after speaking to the manager he doesn't really want me to go anywhere. That was good to hear."

Wilson is enjoying life under legend Dalglish, who replaced Roy Hodgson in January. He's now determined to show he's worthy of a place in the starting line-up after playing just three times for the top team this term.

He said: "Kenny is a huge figure at Liverpool. He got instant respect as soon as he walked in the door.

"He's happy with how I've been performing in training. If an opportunity arises he won't hesitate to put me in."

Wilson won his second Scotland cap in midweek against Northern Ireland. And Craig Levein has admitted he expects Wilson and teenage Blackburn star Grant Hanley to be his future defensive pairing.

That's music to Wilson's ears as he played alongside Hanley at Murray Park.

He said: "It gave me great encouragement to hear Craig say that about us.

"I played with Grant when we were nine at Rangers. We were defenders even as kids."

Anfield No.2 Steve Clarke is pleased to see Wilson getting a chance with Scotland and believes it will help his Liverpool career.

Clarke said: "It's a fantastic honour to get picked by your country. That's Danny's reward for all his hard work."

Sorry i make a point of not clicking on anything to do with that rag.

DANNY WILSON insists he would have been STUPID to join Celtic on loan last month.

The former Rangers kid, who moved to Liverpool for s2million in the summer, was wanted by Hoops manager Neil Lennon when he faced a defensive crisis.

Celtic spoke to the Reds about taking Wilson on loan but the bid was rejected by gaffer Kenny Dalglish, who was instrumental in taking the 19-year-old to Merseyside.

Now the defender has spoken for the first time about why moving to Celtic was NEVER an option.

He said: "My reaction when I heard Celtic had asked about a loan was like everyone else's. It's just stupid, isn't it?

"After being associated with Rangers for so long - I was there from age nine - it was never on the cards.

"I have no interest in going to Celtic. Would I have gone to another club on loan? Maybe.

"But after speaking to the manager he doesn't really want me to go anywhere. That was good to hear."

Wilson is enjoying life under legend Dalglish, who replaced Roy Hodgson in January. He's now determined to show he's worthy of a place in the starting line-up after playing just three times for the top team this term.

He said: "Kenny is a huge figure at Liverpool. He got instant respect as soon as he walked in the door.

"He's happy with how I've been performing in training. If an opportunity arises he won't hesitate to put me in."

Wilson won his second Scotland cap in midweek against Northern Ireland. And Craig Levein has admitted he expects Wilson and teenage Blackburn star Grant Hanley to be his future defensive pairing.

That's music to Wilson's ears as he played alongside Hanley at Murray Park.

He said: "It gave me great encouragement to hear Craig say that about us.

"I played with Grant when we were nine at Rangers. We were defenders even as kids."

Anfield No.2 Steve Clarke is pleased to see Wilson getting a chance with Scotland and believes it will help his Liverpool career.

Clarke said: "It's a fantastic honour to get picked by your country. That's Danny's reward for all his hard work."

Amazing the amount of our '"fans" still reading this rag.

If they had bid for him instead of the loan shit he would be playing for them .

Couldn't wait to get away from us first time round so he's got to come out with this crap now .

If Weir can make him a player and we make cash of him , fair enough.