Danny Wilson Captain?

GraP

I'm not entirely sold on him as a player long term, so a no for me.

I would understand giving the captaincy to Eustace, but for me I'd like to see it given to a player who's going to be a mainstay in the side for the next five years (in theory).

I thought this is why we were signing Eustace. He is experienced, a leader on and off the pitch, he's vocal, and he's at the center of the pitch.

This.

I'd expect him to be the leader for this year with a view to someone taking the role permanently next season. By then Warburton would've used Eustace to help implement his methods and instil his vision and systems.

Then someone like Wikson would take over for the foreseeable future. That's what I second guess as Warburton's thinking.

If the manager thinks he's the best man for the job then that's fine by me.

By rights every Rangers player on that park should be a 'Captain' urging all the other players to give as much as they have got from the first minute to the final whistle.

If the manager thinks he's the best man for the job then that's fine by me.

By rights every Rangers player on that park should be a 'Captain' urging all the other players to give as much as they have got from the first minute to the final whistle.

Sounds good in theory but too many big characters with ego in a team tends to cause more harm than good.

Sounds good in theory but too many big characters with ego in a team tends to cause more harm than good.

I think you and I have a different view on the meaning of "Captain" young fella.

Being a Rangers player or Captain of Rangers should have nothing to do with ego....it has everything to do with urging on your team mates to do their best for Rangers.Over the years from when I first started going to Ibrox we have had big characters all playing in the same team, such as Ian McColl, Sammy Cox, Willie Woodburn, big Corky Young,Willie Waddell, etc. Then in the era of Eric Caldow,Captain Cutlass, Harold Davis, Jim Baxter, Willie Stevenson, Jimmy Miller, Ronnie McKinnon, Davie Provan etc all these players acted like a Captain on the park and did more good than harm.

The Captain certainly has a bit more authority in a team, but egos should be left in the dressing rooms and I'm sure Mark Warburton knows what he's doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson: It would be a great honour. Ive been a captain before and I know that as a captain you need players around you that can help you. Whoever the captain is decided to be, Ill make sure Im there to support them every step of the way.

I think he'd made a great captain

Wallace was shite as captain when he got it last year