A Trophy Is A Must.

GTMLivo

I'd settle for the Championship tbh! However if the draw is kind to us then we could get a wee trip to Hampden in the LC or SC. Couldnt give a fuck about the Petrofac and would rather play the under 20s.

The Petrofac cup is a must win. It SHOULD be the last chance we ever get.

I live in Kirkcaldy I fucking hated loosing to that shit tinpot club I couldn't walk around town without people acting asif they'd won the fucking champions league.

Winning the league is what we need. We should win the Petrofac, and it'd be a negative on Warburton's CV if he didn't, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Failing to win the league would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mark Warburton has obviously been brought to Rangers for a long term objective, and the Championship next season will most likely be the first stage in that. The league in the season to come is the top priority, and I suspect it will be the only thing he and the team he puts out will be judged on. Even successful Rangers teams failed in cup competitions, and if we were to do well in either the Scottish Cup or League Cup it would only sit second to being in the top league next season

We need to be in Europe.

Hopefully, the Championship will be a scoosh this year and we can devote time into winning the Scottish Cup as our route into the Europa League for the following season. Still isn't good enough for us but it'll have to do.

We need to be in Europe.

Hopefully, the Championship will be a scoosh this year and we can devote time into winning the Scottish Cup as our route into the Europa League for the following season. Still isn't good enough for us but it'll have to do.

:lol: Behave yourself, Fred Savage.

These are the wilderness years, not the fucking Wonder Years.

Obviously, I like every other Bear, would love it if we won a cup competition of some kind, especially the Scottish, as it would get us into Europe, and stop them from winning the treble. However, our only goal this coming season is to win The Championship, and get us back into the top league. The Petrofac cup would be nice to win, as it is the only domestic cup we've been in, and failed to win, I believe. But getting promotion, by winning The Championship, is our main objective, anything else is an added bonus.

The "Must" is developing a squad/ team capable of winning the Championship and being ready to create merry hell in the Premiership next year. Other Trophies would be welcome- but let's not over pressurise things before the season even starts.

We have a new Management Team and Restyled Squad- we need to give them a chance to breath, and a clear single doable aim- rather than overburdening them with expectations- some of which are the result of fans frustrations with the performances of last few years.

Imagine our fans if Warburton is eliminated from a cup to another part time or lower league club. It will be meltdwon. We have to go out to win everything. As minor is it is in itself, the Ramsdens/Petrofac is a huge cup for us this year. Warburton must win it. Realistically there is only one team in this country who should be able to live with us on the park, avoid them in the cups and anything can happen. The league will take care of itself now we have a guy in charge who actually knows what he is doing.

The Petrofac cup is a must win. It SHOULD be the last chance we ever get.

Winning this would go a long way to write the embarrassing wrongs of the ' Karaoke Kid' .................................. aka, 'The Gardener', McCostalot, etc. etc.

It is to be hoped we NEVER get another chance, so lets get it done.

A 'decent run' in the League and Scottish Cups is one thing but winning the league is imperative.........................................

subject to how the preseason, recruitment, loan deals and reclamation/transfers out of current squad go before the end of this transfer window.

Can't be doing with the fantasy football of 'Champions League', top 6th place next year, challenging the tic etc., etc.,

With 2 full transfer deadlines at our disposal the first two options should be attainable but other than that we don't need

any more pressure considering the depths we have sunk over past 3 seasons.

signed,

Hopeful & Optimistic (with feet on ground, head NOT in clouds.......... we have only signed 2 players to date & may only see 5 or 6 more by Aug 31st)

Look at hearts last year - put out a bunch of kids against livingstone in the ramsdens/petrofac/ whatever the fuck you want to call it and duly got humped. It was a distraction to what they were doing and I feel we'll take the same attitude this year as it's an additional 4 or 5 games (plus replays / extra time etc.) we just do not need.

Plus imagine puting out the best team to play and losing 3 goals in the last 10 minutes when 2-0 up in the semi's - what a downer that would be (oh that's right, it's already happened).

So no, it's not important and I'd happily take going out in all cups in first round (providing the kids are playing) if it means the players are fresh and focussed for the actual job at hand

A trophys a must? Win a stupid diddy cup also?

Promotion is all that matters, or would we be happy with the league cup, Scottish cup and the diddy cup but remain in the championship another season?

The op is everything that's wrong with our fans, let's learn to walk before we can run.

the second season if we get promoted then a final is a must.

Would rather we focussed on getting a good base to work from, Warburton will have so much preseason jigging around to do, not just from a football standpoint, I hope he realises how neglected the youth development teams have been and not to thrust them in when they aren't ready. For me, winning the championship is a must, everything else I couldn't care less so long as Warburton is building something great. He needs the bad results to fully work on the system on the training ground.

Our biggest priority this season, is becoming a team, with understanding of the roles and shape, understanding of the needs of the gaffer, if we do that, we'll win the league. Big couple of days, I think the players will take Warburton's ideas on board, I just hope it's gelled by the time St Mirren come to town.

the only thing we "need" to win is the championship. Any cup is nice to have, but the playoffs are a complete lottery - so we need to get 1st place. Everything else is a poor second.

Imagine winning the scottish cup but not getting promoted? does it help us in any way? no.