Neil Mccann - Happy To Assist - Video

julescotia

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video Jules loved every second of it. My ever lasting memory of Neil was mid season winter break in Florida, team is training and the bears come up with, he's Blue he's white he's a tim but he's alright Neil McCann, He just about split his sides when he heard it and training had to be suspended for a wee break .

Loved Neil McCann - We haven't had a winger in his class since imo.

We have him doing a night in the pub in a couple of weeks with Derek Parlane - Really looking forward to it

GM

Make sure and show him the video then :lol: :lol:

Until recently we did really well with finding good wingers. Makes you miss it all the more watching that.

As others have said, a brilliant, and often underestimated wee player.

Continuing the Cooper-Walters-Laudrup tradition of being a mhank slaying winger.

Does anyone remember him ripping us apart at tyncaste the season before he joined? Think it was a cup game. Watching him that night boiled my blood because we couldn't stop him and, when he signed for us the following year..........well.

One of the best deliveries of a cross I've seen in the game, and he scored more than his fare share as well.

We talk of "not looking back to the old-boys school", but this is one ex-player I'd love to see in a coaching role.

Cheers Jules.

Fantastic video mate :clap:

What a great wee player McCann was. Not only was he one of the last true great wingers for us but IMO he is one of the last true wingers worldwide. I'm not saying he was world class but in the past twenty years or so the old fashioned winger is becoming a dying breed. He didn't even need to go by a man each time. He simply dropped the shoulder, got a half yard and always put the ball in a dangerous area and always put his crosses in front of strikers so they could run on to them. His accuracy and consistency were incredible. A strikers dream. My particular favourites were the Lovenkrands final assist, the Albertz flick assist and the mauling of big Bobo!

My first real memory of him bizarrely was when he was amazing for Hearts against us in the final at the mhanks ground. He was sensational. Thankfully we still won but when he signed for us I was delighted.

His performance in the 0-3 game will always get the major plaudits however, his 2nd half performance in the 6-1 game against Dunfermline for me was something else. I genuinely don't think we'd have won the league if it weren't for him that day.

Great player, and great guy. Always spoke well regarding us, even during our horrible past few years, and i'm sure that won't be forgotten by many of us.

Fantastic video mate :clap:

What a great wee player McCann was. Not only was he one of the last true great wingers for us but IMO he is one of the last true wingers worldwide. I'm not saying he was world class but in the past twenty years or so the old fashioned winger is becoming a dying breed. He didn't even need to go by a man each time. He simply dropped the shoulder, got a half yard and always put the ball in a dangerous area and always put his crosses in front of strikers so they could run on to them. His accuracy and consistency were incredible. A strikers dream. My particular favourites were the Lovenkrands final assist, the Albertz flick assist and the mauling of big Bobo!

My first real memory of him bizarrely was when he was amazing for Hearts against us in the final at the mhanks ground. He was sensational. Thankfully we still won but when he signed for us I was delighted.

His performance in the 0-3 game will always get the major plaudits however, his 2nd half performance in the 6-1 game against Dunfermline for me was something else. I genuinely don't think we'd have won the league if it weren't for him that day.

Great player, and great guy. Always spoke well regarding us, even during our horrible past few years, and i'm sure that won't be forgotten by many of us.

Erm! Naw we didn't. The Jambos beat us 2-1 and that was Walters last game in charge before Tricky Dicky took over. :pipe:

Are you talking about a Scottish cup final or a League cup final?

He is talking of the 4-3 game during the 9 in a row season which was also played at the piggery , the one mcoist and gazza had an arguement heading down the tunnel

He is talking of the 4-3 game during the 9 in a row season which was also played at the piggery , the one mcoist and gazza had an arguement heading down the tunnel

Now I know what he was talking about. That was the League cup final at the piggery on November 1996 and that was Neil's first season at Hearts after he joined from Dundee in July of that year.

I thought Laudrup1984 was referring to the Scottish cup final at the piggery where we lost 2-1 to Hearts and McCann ran riot against our backline of Gough, Porrini, Amoruso and Stensaas. Shortly after that he signed for us when Advocaat bought him for just under 2 million quid.

Now I know what he was talking about. That was the League cup final at the piggery on November 1996 and that was Neil's first season at Hearts after he joined from Dundee in July of that year.

I thought Laudrup1984 was referring to the Scottish cup final at the piggery where we lost 2-1 to Hearts and McCann ran riot against our backline of Gough, Porrini, Amoruso and Stensaas. Shortly after that he signed for us when Advocaat bought him for just under 2 million quid.

Yeah I was referring to the league cup final mate. Cheers.

Yeah I was referring to the league cup final mate. Cheers.

Yea mate! I remember that game well when wee Neil terrorised us that day and it wasn't the only time. If I remember right, the wee man got MotM that day and Sir Davie of Weir scored the 3rd goal for the Jambos right at the death to make it 4-3 for us.