Anyone On Here Watch The Youth Teams?

GOAT

I watched a video of a youth team winning 4-0 against Dumbarton on that Ibrox Loyal page (nae cunt mention Rfc52 that shits getting boring now). Anyway, the highlights were all pass and move, pass and move and some half decent attacking fitbaw in there. Is this the Warburton effect taking place, or were the youth teams already playing some half decent stuff on the deck before him?

I watched a video of a youth team winning 4-0 against Dumbarton on that Ibrox Loyal page (nae cunt mention Rfc52 that shits getting boring now). Anyway, the highlights were all pass and move, pass and move and some half decent attacking fitbaw in there. Is this the Warburton effect taking place, or were the youth teams already playing some half decent stuff on the deck before him?

I remember Walsh saying how they were playing football from the back and it was a change from the previous approach it warburton said the playing philosophy had to be the same from the first team all the way down to the youngest team.

It's a bold and brave move and it might take time to really take off but it's the right move and had we done this 3 years ago things could be very different.

I remember Walsh saying how they were playing football from the back and it was a change from the previous approach it warburton said the playing philosophy had to be the same from the first team all the way down to the youngest team.

It's a bold and brave move and it might take time to really take off but it's the right move and had we done this 3 years ago things could be very different.

ive got to ask, In what way is it bold and brave lol

Changes started to happen when mulholland was promoted. And from what I've read mulholland and durrant have bought into warburtons philosophy of players specific for positions so in theory teams from the youth academy will be playing the same style as the 1st team.

Changes started to happen when mulholland was promoted. And from what I've read mulholland and durrant have bought into warburtons philosophy of players specific for positions so in theory teams from the youth academy will be playing the same style as the 1st team.

Better late than never.

That was always the philosophy at the club it just never happened.

ive got to ask, In what way is it bold and brave lol

in division 3/league 2 it would have been easy to reinvent the playing style and the risks would have been fairly low.

In the championship with the pressure on to get up we could have just carried on with the lets get proven players released from clubs in Scottish premier and still attempted to play the old way as well as not enforcing that playing style at all levels.

Warburtons appointment in itself was a bold statement of intent. While I can't say for certain what it would have been like had McCall got the job I doubt we'd be seeing central defenders bought who are good on the ball and signing youngsters, getting the foundations in place.

This is what we should have done 3 years ago and many believed that ship had sailed because we aren't in the lowest tier, so personally I think it's a bold statement that we are reinventing our style despite the obvious expectations on the club this year.

I'm delighted with the news coming out of ibrox and MP just now with the likes of hardie moving into the first team.

I'm at Murray Park just now watching my son who's on the Rangers Academy experience this week. Have to say the coaching is excellent, lots of ball work all done at pace, encouraging the kids to be creative, take on their man and commit the next player before releasing the ball and running into a 'positive'position to receive the ball again.

The coaches are telling them to play the ball with pace and not let the ball stop. There is lots of different age groups and all seem to be giving the same messages albeit age appropriate.

Really enjoying watching the drills as I coach a wee team myself and I'm learning loads.

I'm at Murray Park just now watching my son who's on the Rangers Academy experience this week. Have to say the coaching is excellent, lots of ball work all done at pace, encouraging the kids to be creative, take on their man and commit the next player before releasing the ball and running into a 'positive'position to receive the ball again.

The coaches are telling them to play the ball with pace and not let the ball stop. There is lots of different age groups and all seem to be giving the same messages albeit age appropriate.

Really enjoying watching the drills as I coach a wee team myself and I'm learning loads.

Next in line after Warburton ? ;)

Liked this part - “It’s a lot more positive and it’s a lot more disciplined. We’re trying to create an atmosphere that gets any energy sappers away from the club and gets everyone else who wants to do well for the club in."

The improvements are down to Mulholland and Durrant.

There is a video of Durrant of the official website saying that the playing changes are from MW. He has expressed that all teams play the same.

Saying that Mulholland will have made a lot of changes as well.

Finally the playing side from bottom to top is going in the same direction.

Quiet you we will have no positivity on here thank you

It's the Mulholland effect.

Durrant's just doing what he's told to be fair. The interview today about how Rangers teams (all ages/all levels) will play one formation (4-3-3) and play attacking/positive football, is a mix of Warburton & Mulholland.

Warburton wants the youngsters to be ready to be flung into the first team whenever called upon, know the formation, know what's expected.

Mulholland though was trying to make improvements before Warburton came in, Warburton just sort of smoothed off the rough edges.