Vuckic Or Waghorn Strikers Role.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that Haris Vuckic has no future at Newcastle as Steve McClaren has stated he is not in his plans. A number of championship clubs are showing an interest ie Bristol City,Hull,Bolton and Burnley but no interest from Rangers! Looks like we are more interested in 25 year old Martyn Waghorn who is not the most prolific goalscorer (7 goals in 29 appearances) for Wigan. Vuckic scored 8 goals in 17 appearances for us and loved by the fans. I am sure Mark Warburton knows what he is doing but just seems like a no brainer to me!

As we have had no investment from King we cant afford the fee and more importantly wouldn't be able to match the wages he can get in the Championship. The player will have much more attractive options in the championship. Its really that simple.

Until we see significant outside investment then this will be he level we continue to shop at....no matter what division we are in.

As we have had no investment from King we cant afford the fee and more importantly wouldn't be able to match the wages he can get in the Championship. The player will have much more attractive options in the championship. Its really that simple.

Until we see significant outside investment then this will be he level we continue to shop at....no matter what division we are in.

I doubt very much that Warbuton and Weir would have come to Ibrox if they had not agreed with Murray the amount of funds to be made available for new signings and players wages.

We will compete with no one if this is the level of our investment in the team.

What better options than us will Vuckic have? I simply don't see it.

Well the Greek side who have CL football were sniffing about him before he left.

You also need to remember several Championship sides down south can pay more than double the wages we can, those to him will be better offers no?

Well the Greek side who have CL football were sniffing about him before he left.

You also need to remember several Championship sides down south can pay more than double the wages we can, those to him will be better offers no?

Yeah, good arguments both, but I simply don't see those types of club being interested in him.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him - unlike some fickle folk on here I haven't turned against him simply because he had 2 quiet games against Motherwell - but I don't see any clamour for his services materialising by the kinds of clubs people are imagining will be interested.

Vuckic is too one dimensional after a couple of games he became Robben, everyone knew he was going to cut in on his left peg. I think a great striker is unpredictable a great example Jelavic, he could score with either foot head free kick you name it. Also I think war burton will be looking for a player with pace upfront to fit the 4-3-3 formation, no use putting neat balls through to a slow forward.

Vuckic is too one dimensional after a couple of games he became Robben, everyone knew he was going to cut in on his left peg. I think a great striker is unpredictable a great example Jelavic, he could score with either foot head free kick you name it. Also I think war burton will be looking for a player with pace upfront to fit the 4-3-3 formation, no use putting neat balls through to a slow forward.

The amount of status Jelavic gets on here from some is cringeworthy, he was good - nothing more.

Mols - now he was great, and the definition of unpredictable