Vuckic Or Waghorn Strikers Role.

It appears that Haris Vuckic has no future at Newcastle as Steve McClaren has stated he is not in his plans. A number of championship clubs are showing an interest ie Bristol City,Hull,Bolton and Burnley but no interest from Rangers! Looks like we are more interested in 25 year old Martyn Waghorn who is not the most prolific goalscorer (7 goals in 29 appearances) for Wigan. Vuckic scored 8 goals in 17 appearances for us and loved by the fans. I am sure Mark Warburton knows what he is doing but just seems like a no brainer to me!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think we have any money to spend on any players even if you work out the season money to the debt this board have we will struggle financially all season.

We literally just spent a fee on Kiernan and are now chasing Waghorn and Tavernier, both who will cost fees.

We also have Holt on trial, who will also cost a development fee.

Eventually it will sink in with our fans that the list of players we want to sign and the list of players Warburton wants to sign are probably 2 completely different lists.

It would certainly explain why, apart from the odd bit of newspaper speculation, we haven't made moves for Allan, May or Vuckic.

Vuckic isn't a striker and won't ever be our striker whether he signs or not. When he played behind a striker he was largely ineffective. His best position for us was wide right cutting in on his left and I don't think he has the pace to play wide right in a Warburton team.

Vuckic isn't a striker and won't ever be our striker whether he signs or not. When he played behind a striker he was largely ineffective. His best position for us was wide right cutting in on his left and I don't think he has the pace to play wide right in a Warburton team.

(tu)

Even if we did sign him I still think we would need a more natural striker. We didn't get to see Vuckic play upfront and I'm not convinced he'd be able to play that role well enough.

We are looking to play an entirely different style of play than last year. Our style last year suited him.

Every player will be expected to press when we don't have the ball. This isn't the type of player he is.

In addition he was largely a one trick pony who got found out towards the end of the season.

Not for me.