Vuckic Or Waghorn Strikers Role.

I liked Vuckic, but I don't think he fits Warburton's profile.

He's slow and not very hardworking, a real luxury player. I think we will be pacy, pressing and moving the ball quickly.

I also don't think he's a striker.

Agree. I think he would be an expensive luxury for us although undoubtedly is a good player. Coming from the premiership his wages would be very high and having one player on massive wages doesn't fit with Warburton's team philosophy. I think after the disaster of last season we need to focus on playing as a unit with younger hungry players instead of individuals. The time for adding additional quality will come once we have shown we can win as a team.

If he was to play anywhere it would be on the left or right of the front three that we are supposedly going to play but don't see it happening. I'm not convinced May or Allen will come either, at least not in this window.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vuckic will have better options than us.

Waghorn probably won't.

Waghorn is wanted by championship teams, that's Vuckic's level now too.

Would take both as I'm picky but I know Waghorn will come up here and do a job. Would love him off the front man making runs through towards the box.

Tbh I can't see him even being on the radar for Warburton - the attributes he's said he wants in players doesn't match vuckic particularly well...

He did a job last season and had some moments but I don't think he's a fit for the way we are moving. Also can't see him in a strikers role

Warburton has made a great play of saying he is looking for value in his signings. I don't think Vuckic would be that as I think he would be looking for a good wage to compensate for having to play in a lower league. The fact that he appears to have other options would also give him more leverage to seek a higher wage.

I think we would get Waghorn cheaper. Never seen him play so don't know how much of a value signing he would be. Warburton seems to rate him though.

Vuckic doesn't cut it for me

There is no doubt the guy has lots of talent but he has no pace, I would think we may play at a quicker tempo so as a striker as suggested I dont think his talents would fit in, as a wide midfielder maybe, good luck to him as he did add a sparkle in a dour season .

I don't understand those who say he can't cut it here or no thanks, he is tried and tested, fair enough if it a wages issue but if not then it's a no brainer, loved the big guy and either way good luck or we missed out big Time.

He became tired near end season. Lack of game time I reckon. Will still be a great addition.

He make a 75m run at the end of the Hibs play off game to cover down our left hand side so dont think it was tiredness, many defenders had sussed him out and didnt let him cut inside and made him go on the outside where he didnt have the pace to hit the byeline and cross it.

With some decent fitness training i think he would be a great addition to the team, playing wide & just behind a striker maybe he could shine under MW.

He showed a spark last season, but after being nothing but a loanee for so long who can blame him for not giving his all training wise, with a decent coach behind him i think he could be a future star.