Turncoats...

GOAT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy a grew up with was a Motherwell fan as his da was a Motherwell casual even though his family are Celtic fans and 4 of us went to a Rangers vs Motherwell cup semi final at hampden 2 in the Motherwell end and 2 in the Rangers end. We won 2-0 a think edu scored a screamer and he took it tight the whole way home and I stuck vids on YouTube of the hers fans singing build my gallows in Spain. A few days after that he came out as a Celtic fan stating he always liked them. I called him a turncoat but he says he was brain washed into supporting Motherwell and his family are Celtic fans. Anytime he mentions the ira I tell him he's only been a Celtic fan for a few year haha

Ill be honest, i used to be a mad supporter of them, up until i was about 18 and then i seen the light.

It's weird, even though it's only been a few years i feel like it's been all my life, i forget about all those times i used to run around playing footie in those hoops and no wonder :lol:

I've always preferred the colour blue and as i grew up i thought it made more sense to support the most successful team so i did and i've never looked back.

Still keep an eye for their results now and again but that's it, i say WATP much more than HH these days that's for sure.

Glad to be part of the family now, we all make mistakes (tu)

My mum had me in one of their tracksuits when I was wee, I didn't have a choice and didn't know any better and in all honesty wasn't really interested in football at the time.. When I started school all that changed and have been a Rangers supporter since the very early 90s. My nephew attended Motherwell games from an early age but over the past few years he's been showing more interest in Rangers and came along to one of the home games at the end of last season and loved it and is desperate to go back.

Ill be honest, i used to be a mad supporter of them, up until i was about 18 and then i seen the light.

It's weird, even though it's only been a few years i feel like it's been all my life, i forget about all those times i used to run around playing footie in those hoops and no wonder :lol:

I've always preferred the colour blue and as i grew up i thought it made more sense to support the most successful team so i did and i've never looked back.

Still keep an eye for their results now and again but that's it, i say WATP much more than HH these days that's for sure.

:lol:

post-71529-0-98503400-1437146718_thumb.j

The tims can keep them. I know a lassie in my street who lets her boy wear Rangers and Celtic tops, I suggested she stop buying him Rangers tops. I can understand someone younger changing sides, my cousin is from a Rangers family, but supports the taigs because he was close with my Uncles and other Cousins who support them, which is fair dues I guess. But I cant understand anyone over teenage years to do it. Just shows that you had absolutely no convicion whatsoever. Its kind of hipster-esque to support the tarriers these days now that theyre seen as victims and cling to the palestinian cause etc, so theres probably loads of student wanks who go from us to them. As I said, imo, if someone wants to like them instead of us, or claims to like both teams then they can fuck off and support the taigs because they dont deserve a Club like ours.

This is actually spot on. The amount of tims at my uni has rocketed. They are seen as some sort of martyr club who support these terrorist organisations with no shame. Ye see these hipsters running around at festivals with sellick tops on all the time. Crazy so it is.

This is actually spot on. The amount of tims at my uni has rocketed. They are seen as some sort of martyr club who support these terrorist organisations with no shame. Ye see these hipsters running around at festivals with sellick tops on all the time. Crazy so it is.

It's because it has become the norm and acceptable in certain elements of society to openly discrimate towards anything or anyone with PUL leanings. Mongos like them are just jumping on social bandwagons.

What the fuck...

I was fifteen years old and doing well, so was asked to play in a "development" game at helanvale, where I was told there would be scouts from major clubs around Scotland watching and this could be my next step.

When I told my old man that I had been chosen to represent the best upcoming players in the central belt and might have a chance, he didn't miss and hit the wall!

Never in a thousand lifetimes would I be allowed to go there. Let alone sign for them.

They used helanvale as a viewing ground for "football players" and my father stopped me from getting into a very dangerous position.

Thank you, Dad. I will endeavour to uphold your values.

My Dad , my dads dad and so on have always been Rangers men. Growing up both my brothers were Rangers daft.

I remember my dad saying to me one day when I was probably about 13/14 ... 'if you ever decided to support Celtic then thats your own choice, I'll support your decision, but I hope you know what your supporting'.

went to school with a guy who turned when he was about 17 in the early 70s. true blue until that day. he had been over to Belfast for the walks and at rangers games home and away since he was about 5 when his dad took him then on his own from about 13/14. then he just turned up wearing a timm top and he never said why he changed but he was/is viewed even to this day with suspicion by both sides in the area. we all thought it was to do with their 9 but he never said so marked for eternity as a glory hunter

Phil im guessing? :lol:

:lol: Remember my auld man telling me to say to him when he used to try noising me and my brothers up. Nice enough guy considering.

thats true enough there were a couple that were fairly decent considering. last time I seen him he and his sister had a café in fintry is he still doing that

thats true enough there were a couple that were fairly decent considering. last time I seen him he and his sister had a café in fintry is he still doing that

Think she sold that. Phil is a taxi driver now. Picks me up now and again when im pished.