Encouraging

G.E.C.

Opinions on Jason Holt?

Quiet start. More impressed with Halliday, and tbh I thought Law got involved better.

Agree that we look a bit lightweight behind Waghorn with Temps, Holt and McKay there. However, that should improve if Eustace signs and Halliday is pushed into a more advanced position. We look physically strong at the back, but not so much further forward atm.

Small issues, though. Mostly things look pretty positive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very encouraging performance, we look a great passing side and seem comfortable with playing out from the goalkeeper and defence already.

Halliday and Tavernier were outstanding.

Waghorn looked good, unlucky with 2 attempts but still think we need to bring in another striker.

Overall very good early signs and hopefully we can destroy Hibs to show we really mean business this season.

We are gagging for a quality CF.

Waghorn has the touch of a baby giraffe, needs work.

Tavernier looks class, easy EPL potential, he's in that mould of modern fullbacks.

Halliday has been immense, really proud of him.

Foderingham untested but suits the philosophy we are using.

Holt looks good but seems eerily like Law, who disappeared as usual.

We've looked good, but same issues as last season. We aren't clinical enough. Whether a buy, a loan, an aging pro or a skillful youngster we are desperate for a goalscorer. Bodes well, but clear issues that still need addressed.

good honest post Al .Think it was always going to be the way sadly .We need forwards with quality or we are going nowhere this season

Quiet start. More impressed with Halliday, and tbh I thought Law got involved better.

Agree that we look a bit lightweight behind Waghorn with Temps, Holt and McKay there. However, that should improve if Eustace signs and Halliday is pushed into a more advanced position. We look physically strong at the back, but not so much further forward atm.

Small issues, though. Mostly things look pretty positive.

Halliday was immense IMO.

All this talk he's a winger or a full back etc. He looked imperious holding the midfield together. Look forward to seeing more of him, bonus he's a Bear.

Holt seems very similar to Law for me.

Suitably impressed with tonight... lots of work has gone on....Law chased back for everything...and Tavernier is going to be a cracker.

Great to see a manager that doesn't stop giving instruction and encouragement from the tech area for the whole game....

Bring on the rest of the season.

good honest post Al .Think it was always going to be the way sadly .We need forwards with quality or we are going nowhere this season

I'm still hopeful the likes of Hardie, Gallagher etc will step up this season eejay.

But it is painfully apparent where our problems lay. We need a goalscorer and relying on untested youth shouldn't be the answer.

Halliday was immense IMO.

All this talk he's a winger or a full back etc. He looked imperious holding the midfield together. Look forward to seeing more of him, bonus he's a Bear.

Holt seems very similar to Law for me.

Halliday is the kind of guy that looks like he could be comfortable anywhere.

But yes, he looks a midfielder to me.

Nothing to be sad about today, eejay. This team will get promoted.

Against my better judgement, went along to the game tonight. It was ok but without the edge of competition play it's difficult to take anything from it. For what it was worth, thought we were quite good in possession but poor when not.

Something done ma nut in tonight..

Cunts sitting behind me constantly saying were the fuck are ye going fuck sake get the ball in the fuckin box.

Tried reasoning with them they then bood them at HT. They left at 64mins moaning I can't watch this shit.

My opinion play like that this season well win 90% of games

Bright future ahead

Against my better judgement, went along to the game tonight. It was ok but without the edge of competition play it's difficult to take anything from it. For what it was worth, thought we were quite good in possession but poor when not.

Disagree. I thought we were quite combative at times without the ball and mostly closed down well. I also disagree in that I think there's much to be taken from the game.

Something done ma nut in tonight..

Cunts sitting behind me constantly saying were the fuck are ye going fuck sake get the ball in the fuckin box.

Tried reasoning with them they then bood them at HT. They left at 64mins moaning I can't watch this shit.

My opinion play like that this season well win 90% of games

Bright future ahead

Should have told them to fuck off.

Few in front of me giving it the same, you have to laugh. Some cunts just don't have a clue.

After the goal, our bottle crashed and we looked rather flat. Thought that this style of play, trying to pass it in the net, would collapse when the pressure was on. Sadly, it looked like that tonight. We need to hit Hibs hard, and push for the early goal.

Bottle crashing is an exaggeration. It took the wind out of our sales and gave a good Burnley outfit a boost.

No idea what you mean about the style of play collapsing either.

Too negative, squire.

Didn't see the game unfortunately but i wouldn't take anything from a friendly regardless. What i've heard is positive and i would hope that Warburton only had us playing at 75% for fear of injuries etc. Also hoping that by 4 games into the season the players will be at full fitness and then we'll see a few teams getting steam rolled by 4 goals +.

Thought we played some exceptional football at times. Final ball and finishing let us down, said before I wouldn't be fussed about allan as we could probably pick up better but if the price is right we should get him in asap, along with a 25 goal a season striker.

Thought the new boys done well tonight, and Law for once impressed me.

Tavernier was fucking quality. From that cunt foster to this guy... magic.

Disagree. I thought we were quite combative at times without the ball and mostly closed down well. I also disagree in that I think there's much to be taken from the game.

The way we pressed them in twos and threes in their half was very encouraging. (tu)

Good game IMO and unfair to judge them solely on this performance. A player like Allan would be welcome but in a midfield three you need them to all work hard even when not in possession which I don't think he does.

Waggy played ok for me he is a bit rusty but he will start putting them away soon enough. Mckay has proven 90% on here wrong he is no cristiano ronaldo but Walsh played better when he came on he is a real talent!

Never seen too much of holt to be fair I think law may have passed him his invisibility cloak because law impressed me as well. Miller looked good when he came on as well he reads the game well and makes the passes the midfielders should.

We could be doing with a striker but hardie, Miller and gal would provide good competition for the coming season. I think this team will win the league the looked hungrier and more comfortable in possession than last years team.we may see another few players coming in. I have a feeling warbs will be thinking the same as me, 2 more signings and the team is ready for the battle.

We have had a new management team for under 3 weeks , its only our 2nd proper preseason game , 3 of the players playing tonight have had 1 training session with their new team mates , yet after 32 minutes Burnley changed their tactics because of how we were playing , last year we were changing our tactics to try and beat Alloa , just ponder that for a little while eh!!!!

IMO, you can tell very little from friendlies, particularly preseason friendlies. You don't know just how much the opposition is putting into it compared with your team, you don't know if they are ahead of you in fitness preparation or vice versa, even if you appear to be getting a reasonable competitive game that soon changes when the six substitutes per team come on. It's a usual fitness runout no more.

We might have been reasonably competitive but thought our discipline was suspect at times. But as I said, you can't make any sensible judgements from friendlies.

Tavernier looks a cracker but Waghorn is a donkey, thats not based on thid game, which he did nothing but prove but based on years of donkey-esque performances, he'll be a workhorse though

Talking pish. You couldn't spot a player if he booted you in the baws. *feckin phone..

Waghorn has been here one day, some of the criticism he is getting is stupid.

To the person who said McKay has proven he isn't Ronaldo or something, he had 60 minutes against one of the most physical teams in Britain, we will see how he does against Hibs.

thought we played well in the 1st half, impressed with Holt and Halliday.

When we had the ball it looked like we were only playing 2 at the back at times, the full backs were pushing on that much haha

very refreshing to watch us knock it about and try to build from the back, although a couple of guys sat near me didnt seem too keen at times and were shouting for it to be humped up the park hahaha

IMO, you can tell very little from friendlies, particularly preseason friendlies. You don't know just how much the opposition is putting into it compared with your team, you don't know if they are ahead of you in fitness preparation or vice versa, even if you appear to be getting a reasonable competitive game that soon changes when the six substitutes per team come on. It's a usual fitness runout no more.

We might have been reasonably competitive but thought our discipline was suspect at times. But as I said, you can't make any sensible judgements from friendlies.

I'm sure an opposition that's preparing for a tough Championship season was putting quite a bit into it. With a team of the standard of Burnley, last season in the Prem, that's more than enough for us to make some assessments. The standard of the opposition is irrelevant when assessing our style and intent anyway.

I'm sure MW is busy making sensible judgements, otherwise why would he have had the game?