• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tavernier will be a star here,

Waggy doing everything but scoring,

Halliday really looks eager to put in a performance on his home turf,

Law is (unsurprisingly for me) making things happen and looks more up for it,

Holt has a nice touch about him too,

Kiernan was maybe caught out for the goal but he's winning everything in the air against a physical Jutkiewicz.

Also some of the football has been really really nice to watch.

We are gagging for a quality CF.

Waghorn has the touch of a baby giraffe, needs work.

Tavernier looks class, easy EPL potential, he's in that mould of modern fullbacks.

Halliday has been immense, really proud of him.

Foderingham untested but suits the philosophy we are using.

Holt looks good but seems eerily like Law, who disappeared as usual.

We've looked good, but same issues as last season. We aren't clinical enough. Whether a buy, a loan, an aging pro or a skillful youngster we are desperate for a goalscorer. Bodes well, but clear issues that still need addressed.

We are gagging for a quality CF.

Waghorn has the touch of a baby giraffe, needs work.

Tavernier looks class, easy EPL potential, he's in that mould of modern fullbacks.

Halliday has been immense, really proud of him.

Foderingham untested but suits the philosophy we are using.

Holt looks good but seems eerily like Law, who disappeared as usual.

We've looked good, but same issues as last season, we aren't clinical enough. Whether a buy, a loan, an aging pro or a skillful youngster we are desperate for a goalscorer. Bodes well, but clear issues that still need addressed.

This...

The positives for me tonight were Tavernier & Law. Halliday looked strong and I think in time young Thomson is going to be a star ( Murdoch may have lost his place ). Waghorn reminds of Alan Smith. The slight negatives are we are too weak upfront with McKay ( Walsh a better option ) & Templeton. And we looked a little casual at times at CB. We still need Scot Allan.

Tavernier looks a cracker but Waghorn is a donkey, thats not based on thid game, which he did nothing but prove but based on years of donkey-esque performances, he'll be a workhorse though

How many of these "donkey-esque performances" have you actually seen?

Enjoyed that game, especially the first half barring the goal.

Tavenier was just brilliant, he's going to be some player for us, looks too good for this league but i'm not complaining.

Halliday was also brilliant in the first half, broke up all Burnleys play, something we didnt have last season.

The two centre backs were solid except for switching off for the goal, that happens in pre-season though when concentration isnt 100%

Wee Holt looked good, he'll improve much more like all of the team when they fully gel together. Waghorn should have scored tonight, butits his first game for us so we cant expect him to hit the ground running, i've got a feeling he'll turn out to be a really good player for us.

I remember as a youngster when i lived in North Carolina as a wean, and there was reports of a hurricane coming through the area, so like typical weans we all got excited and got our Dad to board and tape up all the windows etc and block all the doors,then we sat about for a few hours waiting for this cataclysmic weather event to envelope our entire lives with a mix of fear and hope, a couple of hours later there was some high winds and some thunder and lightning, a bit of an anti-climax tbh, similar to tonight,it wasnt a total disaster but we could have done a lot better with the balls we were handed and the plays we were given, Burnley were sloppy as fuck and we were worse. That said it wasnt as bad as some will make out on here, in fact some will makenit out to be total disaster when we actually played very well at the beginning

Tavernier looks a cracker but Waghorn is a donkey, thats not based on thid game, which he did nothing but prove but based on years of donkey-esque performances, he'll be a workhorse though

I think thats extremely harsh.

He had some really good touches and smart link up play. Unlucky with a couple of chances.

Football looked good We will have a few scary moments this season the way we will play the ball from the back but I am not complaining it was good to see proper football. Felt also with McKay , Templeton, Holt and Law we are a bit lightweight and a physical team will give us problems but overall impressed. However the management team should have them doing shooting practice we missed to many chances

Exceptionally good first half, the tempo and ball movement was superb. You could see our intensity drop as our fitness levels aren't quite there yet.

Would also like to say I thought Burnley were impressive, they worked hard, pressed high and played with good tempo on the ball.

Tavernier looks like a star, same goes for Foderinghan. Happy with every aspect tonight, the intensity dropped and the team with the better quality showed. Fair play to Burnley

Plenty of positives, the fitness and understanding will come, but it's a completely new team who put in a great performance against a very decent outfit

I don't think we're positive enough about this game.

This is a team that was in the Premiership last season. We're in the Scottish Championship and have been in our new manager's charge for a month or thereabouts.

All things considered, it was HUGELY promising. If this rate of progress is maintained, we'll walk the league this year.

Tavernier was very good. Wallace was much, much better. Halliday looks the part. I thought Law was good, much improved. He definitely didn't disappear. Shiels looked good when he came on, as did Miller.

First 35 minutes a team from Scotland's second flight were well on top against a good, good outfit. Burnley came into it much better after that, but we had the better of the chances and really, it should have been a draw at least.

The lad Waghorn looked rusty, but he only travelled up a couple of days ago and is behind the rest in preseason. That Tavernier looked so good considering he did the same was remarkable, but Waghorn needs a chance.

On that evidence, we've got rid of most of the issues of last season. The only issue from last season looks like the finishing. Waghorn will hopefully improve that.

The team played with the right intent; good passing football as much as possible. For a team that hasn't had the traditional pre-season, it's looking fantastic.

First real test of the pre-season schedule and we did better than I was expecting. Burnley aren't pushovers, they're a team who were promoted a season too early and will definitely be there or there about a this year in the promotion race again.

We look capable of keeping possession and working the ball around, that's 9/10 of the game, the other 1 is putting the ball in the net. I am more than happy to let Waghorn miss those chances in a pre-season game, but if he's consistently missing them then he either needs to be dropped, or we change the system and employ him as a second striker. I think his build up play is fantastic, he goes looking for the ball, tracks back, flicks on and fights defenders (discount Wayne Rooney basically).

Tavernier: wow. I'd heard the boy was good, but that was something else. Completely solid at the back and was a constant threat going forward. The technique on his crosses was a joy to behold, rather than seeing a player just lump it in to the box we're actually going to see someone attempt to drill it between defence and keeper, curl balls in to the back post and even mix it up and cut the ball back with pace. It's hard not to be excited for the season ahead going by this performance and anyone who isn't happy needs their head checked.

Really enjoyed the first 30 mins with fast free flowing football but I still think we are way too lightweight in the middle of the park. Halliday was very impressive but holt , McKay , law an temps were far too lightweight against a big strong physical burnley side. Jury is still out on Kiernan but it's his first game but tavernier was superb. Wag horn had some nice turns but the boys only trained once so give him a chance, overall I'm quite optimistic about this season as we won't meet a team of burnleys calibre all season in Scotland