Player Ratings For Tonight.

Fotheringham - 6, couldnt really do anything about the goal. most of his distribution was good, although a couple of wayward passes put us in danger. He is new to the system though and think he will settle in nicely.

Wallace - 7, Showed good energy and some good touches. Delivery was a bit pish though.

Wilson - 8, Thought he was solid and good distribution. I switched off at their goal though, looked like a defensive fuck up but dont know who was to blame.

Keirnan - 7, Won some good headers and put in some decent tackles. Definite step up from Jig. Got a feeling he fucked up for the goal though.

Cafu - 8.5, MoM for me. Some great challenges and some fantastic attacking play. Think he will be a star.

Halliday - 6.5, Good energy and decent distribution. Looks like a decent squad player, not 100% convinced his role tonight suited him though.

EDIT : Forgot Law - 7, to be honest a few at the game were shouting about him, but I thought he did pretty well. First half he imposed himself, played some great passes and was our main playmaker. Second half he faded, but think the criticism was a bit OTT. I think he could be a good player for us in this system.

Holt - 7, Quite impressed. Always looked hungry for the ball and showed some good touches. Could be a gem.

McKay - 6, Was a bit too predictable for me. Outshone by Walsh for the role. Showed that he is willing to track back though.

Templeton - 5, Was on the far side of the pitch from me in the first half so might be doing him a disservice, but just didnt think he offered enough.

Waghorn - 7, Some great close control and brought players into the game. Thought he should have buried the header in the first half and brought a good save from the keeper on another occasion. Best striker on the books and an improvement to the team.

Subs

Aird - 6.5, Linked up well with Walsh. Didnt really do enough for me to mark him up or down to be honest.

McGregor - 6.5, Thought he was solid enough.

Shiels - 6, A few sloppy passes and I think he may find himself down the pecking order this year.

Walsh - 7, Very direct and was impressed by him. Would give him a start ahead of McKay next time.

Miller - 7, Thought he linked up play very well, made intelligent runs and offered allot more on the wide left than Templeton.

Clark - 5, Has absolutely no composure and his confidence seems shot. Just dont think he is the required standard.

Thompson - 6.5, Good start for the lad. Didnt really impose himself on the game at all, but his touch and passing was accurate when he did get involved.

Big Zal - 6, Didnt really have enough time to influence the game. HE is gonna be 4th choice at best this year, but he is a decent back up to have.

Think that was all of them.

To be honest, was very encouraged by the performance, although you could tell both teams were in pre season. Cant wait for Saturday now.

How did everyone else rate the players?

Foderingham - 6

Wallace - 8

Wilson - 7

Kiernan - 6

Cafu - 8.5

Halliday - 7

Law - 7

Holt - 6

McKay - 6

Templeton - 6

Waghorn - 6

Subs

Aird - 7

McGregor - 6

Shiels - 7

Walsh - 7

Miller - 7

Clark - 5

Thompson - 6

Big Zal - 6

Foderingham - 5.5 (some of his passes and kick outs were dodgy)

Wallace - 7

Wilson - 7

Kiernan - 7

Tavernier - 7.5

Halliday - 7

Law - 6

Holt - 6

McKay - 4

Templeton - 4

Waghorn 5.5 (should have scored)

Agree with the keeper. Outwith that decent save in the second half I thought he was dodgy as fuck. Took far too long to decide what he was doing and his distribution was shocking most of the time.

Benefit of the doubt though, first game, give him time to settle. Have high hopes for the lad.

Law is still the whipping boy for the fans. Heard all the usual tonight but i thought he did just as well as everyone else out there. Some of the stuff we played in the first 35 mins was fucking majestic compared to the last 3-4 years.

Foderingham - 7

Tavernier - 8

Kiernan - 6

Wilson - 7

Wallace - 7

Holt - 4

Law - 6

Halliday - 8

McKay - 5

Waghorn - 6

Templeton - 6

Subs

Walsh - 7

Shiels - 4

Miller - 6

McGregor - 7

Thompson - 6

Aird - 6

Zaliukas - 6

Clark - 4

Fotheringham - 6, couldnt really do anything about the goal. most of his distribution was good, although a couple of wayward passes put us in danger. He is new to the system though and think he will settle in nicely.

Wallace - 7, Showed good energy and some good touches. Delivery was a bit pish though.

Wilson - 8, Thought he was solid and good distribution. I switched off at their goal though, looked like a defensive fuck up but dont know who was to blame.

Keirnan - 7, Won some good headers and put in some decent tackles. Definite step up from Jig. Got a feeling he fucked up for the goal though.

Cafu - 8.5, MoM for me. Some great challenges and some fantastic attacking play. Think he will be a star.

Halliday - 6.5, Good energy and decent distribution. Looks like a decent squad player, not 100% convinced his role tonight suited him though.

EDIT : Forgot Law - 7, to be honest a few at the game were shouting about him, but I thought he did pretty well. First half he imposed himself, played some great passes and was our main playmaker. Second half he faded, but think the criticism was a bit OTT. I think he could be a good player for us in this system.

Holt - 7, Quite impressed. Always looked hungry for the ball and showed some good touches. Could be a gem.

McKay - 6, Was a bit too predictable for me. Outshone by Walsh for the role. Showed that he is willing to track back though.

Templeton - 5, Was on the far side of the pitch from me in the first half so might be doing him a disservice, but just didnt think he offered enough.

Waghorn - 7, Some great close control and brought players into the game. Thought he should have buried the header in the first half and brought a good save from the keeper on another occasion. Best striker on the books and an improvement to the team.

Subs

Aird - 6.5, Linked up well with Walsh. Didnt really do enough for me to mark him up or down to be honest.

McGregor - 6.5, Thought he was solid enough.

Shiels - 6, A few sloppy passes and I think he may find himself down the pecking order this year.

Walsh - 7, Very direct and was impressed by him. Would give him a start ahead of McKay next time.

Miller - 7, Thought he linked up play very well, made intelligent runs and offered allot more on the wide left than Templeton.

Clark - 5, Has absolutely no composure and his confidence seems shot. Just dont think he is the required standard.

Thompson - 6.5, Good start for the lad. Didnt really impose himself on the game at all, but his touch and passing was accurate when he did get involved.

Big Zal - 6, Didnt really have enough time to influence the game. HE is gonna be 4th choice at best this year, but he is a decent back up to have.

Think that was all of them.

To be honest, was very encouraged by the performance, although you could tell both teams were in pre season. Cant wait for Saturday now.

How did everyone else rate the players?

Nicky Law 7 hahahaha fuck right off!

8 would be a wee tad too high mate.

He's rank rotten! Constantly gave the ball away and rarely won a tackle. When he was running through and just had to play McKay in with a 5 yard pass and couldn't do it sums him up tbh.