Squad Size - Too Big?

kris1984

With Warburton suggesting a squad size of around 15 or so does anyone else feel the squad might be a tad too large at the moment

I've tried to list the squad below and the positions they can play. I reckon - not including GK - we have about 24 bodies. This is also assuming we sign Eustace, Holt and Allan/Winks.

Wallace LB

Halliday LB, LW, DM

Thompson LB, DM

Wilson CB

Kiernan CB, DM

McGregor CB, RB

Zaliukas CB

Tavernier RB

Sinnamon RB

Gasporotto CB

Eustace DM

Murdoch DM, CM

Holt CM, AM

Law CM, RW

Shiels CM, AM

Allan/Winks CM

McKay RW, CF

Waghorn RW, CF

Walsh LW, RW

Templeton LW, RW

Gallagher RW, CF

Miller CF

Clark CF

Hardie CF

LB 3

CB 5

RB 3

DM 5

CM 5

RW 6

LW 3

CF 6

Who should we get rid of? It seems to me we have too many defenders and probably too many strikers that aren't the required standard either

Allan , winks and eustice haven't been signed yet, gasparatto wont get a game, mckay will be found out soon enough, sinnamin, fringe at best , shiels, bitpart at best ,,,, and so on, your squad is very light now

Allan , winks and eustice haven't been signed yet, gasparatto wont get a game, mckay will be found out soon enough, sinnamin, fringe at best , shiels, bitpart at best ,,,, and so on, your squad is very light now

i said that at the start...

I must have misheard him if he said he wants 24. I thought he said he would only really use about 15

15 isn't enough for a starting 11 plus subs...

Anyway, I'm glad W&W are giving the remaining players from last year a look over, but i doubt he'll believe they'll all be of an acceptable standard, so some of those you mentioned will probably be farmed out on loan and then released.

I think the squad size is ok just now. However, I'd like us to bring in another 4 or 5 players, and I'd ideally like to sell/release 4 or 5. I don't see Zaliukas, Shiels, or Clark being good enough or fitting in to the current team, I think we've got better options in each position. Templeton I'm not sure about. Eustace and Holt look like signing. Hopefully, Allan, a wide player and possibly a striker will follow.

15 players in a first team squad that's a novel idea. :lol:

Not really! It's been done before and in one of the toughest leagues in the world with 42 League games played that season. In season 1963-64 they used 14 outfield players in the entire season and won their national title.

Any idea who did it? :pipe:

A squad of 15 :lol:

Fuck sake.

Not really! It's been done before and in one of the toughest leagues in the world with 42 League games played that season. In season 1963-64 they used 14 outfield players in the entire season and won their national title.

Did they do it twice?