Bbc Alba...

MrMckee

I really don't understand why they have to have Gaelic commentary on the petrofac cup i mean how many people watching rangers v Hibs etc will actually be able to understand it.. the normal programs i can understand why they have it but cmon should surely be English commentary for the football you would of thought??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because its not aimed at us - its a political move for the mega minority teuchters to be pandered to with their own channel. If they were not speaking gaelic on it there would be absolutely nothing to differentiate it from BBC Scotland - and the PC brigade cant have that.

because its not aimed at us - its a political move for the mega minority teuchters to be pandered to with their own channel. If they were not speaking gaelic on it there would be absolutely nothing to differentiate it from BBC Scotland - and the PC brigade cant have that.

Should just show the games on BBC Scotland than really dont get how the petrofac cup appeals to the gaelic market!?

Challenge Cup raises its head again and along come the usual comments slagging off the only channel that bid to broadcast the competition. If WE weren't in it, you wouldn't be watching it anyway so what right do you have to change their format.

If Rangers were playing in timbucktoo and the commentary was in Swahenglish - Id still watch and enjoy.

Enjoy the match and don't dis what you do not understand.

Problem with putting the radio on is that theres a delay. Regardless, at least the cunts are showing it.

I have muted Alba before and played the sportsound commentary not from the raido but from the website. That seems to help as the web is delayed as well.

I really don't understand why they have to have Gaelic commentary on the petrofac cup i mean how many people watching rangers v Hibs etc will actually be able to understand it.. the normal programs i can understand why they have it but cmon should surely be English commentary for the football you would of thought??

Doe to the terms attached to the funding they get BBC Alba have to broadcast in Gaelic

They started for the later Glasgow Warriors games this year commentating in English as well.

Hopefully they will do the same via the red button

This ^. For a whole load of shite on various bbc channels you get option commentary via the red button so no reason not to do it here.

This ^. For a whole load of shite on various bbc channels you get option commentary via the red button so no reason not to do it here.

They should do what the Welsh channel does, a choice between English and Welsh. So up here there should be an English choice on Alba.

Challenge Cup raises its head again and along come the usual comments slagging off the only channel that bid to broadcast the competition. If WE weren't in it, you wouldn't be watching it anyway so what right do you have to change their format.

If Rangers were playing in timbucktoo and the commentary was in Swahenglish - Id still watch and enjoy.

Enjoy the match and don't dis what you do not understand.

Eh? Whit?