Allan On Bench, Transfer Request &hibs Renege On Verbal Deal

If he does that, i wouldn't like to see MW sign him. Disgusting attitude to have as a professional. "im not getting what i want so im throwing a tantrum". If stubbs keeps him on the bench then so be it its their loss and will be detrimental to their start to the season.

Get real professionalism now is about money (club or player) and maximising their earnings the fact he `s a bluenose is a bonus. I take it if we sign SA you will boycott our club on principal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like to see someone at Junkie FC try and tell me am no signing for my boyhood hero's thats basically whats happened :5536::5536: Allan can do and should do more that been said lets hope he does this week

depends if your contract has a break clause. if there is no break clause then you need some goodwill from your current employer. If that is not happening, you can buy out your own contract, you can sulk like a little kid and refuse to work or you can be professional and give your employer what they are paying you for. Allan (or anyone else) cann't just walk out, Hibs will still hold his registration.

from what i have read so far from all sources, Allan appears to be doing the professional thing at the moment; but if he starts to take the sulking route then Hibs are within their rights to stick him playing with the youths until his contract expires. its cutting their own noses off, but they could do it to make a point.

Boycott the club, no i'd never do that regardless.

Hibs MAY have gone back on a gentleman's agreement but there is no proof. What stubbs is doing says more about him than SA and by doing so makes it harder for him to convince other players to join. If Allan hands in a written request, stays out of the papers then all stubbs can do i say that we tapped him up which with allan being a fan is balls.

Have we not be saying that we want player who want to play for the club and not just the wage packet?

Get real professionalism now is about money (club or player) and maximising their earnings the fact he `s a bluenose is a bonus. I take it if we sign SA you will boycott our club on principal

I take it if he did that to us if he fancies moving on you would support him doing it?

The guy is making a point that footballers just occasionally should respect a contract.

What is the worse that could happen should he decide fuck it and breaks his contract?

Hibs are trying to do something that no team has managed to do worldwide since fuck knows when stand up to player power.. Thats why I believe it will happen

If he refused to play then Hivs could still keep hold of his registration and perhaps even suspend him without pay if it's contractually possible, Unlikely I know, but possible if they dig in their heels. They would also be very stupid to do that.

I don't see them letting him go. It's effectively handing us the title and more importantly, automatic promotion.

I do imagine they are looking around to see who they could replace him with, or how to make their squad better. I can't see them finding anyone that replaces Allan.

He can't buy out his contract

I was actually trying to verify that myself after saying it.

Article 17: "Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed"

When did SA sign his current contract?

I was just actually trying to verify that myself after saying it.

Article 17: "Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed"

Signed last year after McCoist did not want him

I was just actually trying to verify that myself after saying it.

I think it was last year