Let's Not Get Carried Away

AlBear.

Ah, blow it.

Best result, score line & performance against a (supposedly) decent outfit in 3 and a bit years.

Slow start, but it won't be perfect for a bit, and well worth the wait!

Let's GET carried away - for tonight, at least!

We've earned it!

Great result,we gave them a goal of a start and a right good doing. That's the 1st time since 1960 they've shipped 6 at home ( so i'm told ) so they'll be shiting themselves the next time we get them.

We absolutely hammered that shower of tarrier scum the day, the fuckin proper Rangers way! And on monday their star player will probably sign for us. Now that is the fuckin World Famous Glasgow Rangers. The sleeping giant has awakened with a bitter red white and blue vengeance. Theyre shiting it worse than the sons of torbett. The Rangers are on their way FTP

I'm in the USA on holiday so set my alarm for 6.30am to watch the match. Found a good stream and watched it half asleep in the spare room so as not to wake the family.

Afterwards I fell asleep again and when I woke around 11.00am local time I thought I had dreamt it. But I hadn't. Fuckin unbelievable and with a bit more strength at the back we have a complete team capable of walking this league.

Waghorn has the makings of being the new McCoist as he was in the 80's and 90's. A goal scorer the opposition fears.

Couldn't help but think that we're doing this with a new team that has yet to settle. Sure we will have to face sides who won't come out and try to play the way Hib's did, and we'll have some blips along the way, but I really did get the feeling we are heading back to where we belong. We have brought in a good management team, some decent players and we haven't spent a fortune doing it, plus we may be adding a couple more before the window closes, but we'll also have the January window to fix any weaknesses that get highlighted.

After today there will be a fair amount of clubs getting more worried about playing us than the other way around and that includes the top tier.

Couldn't help but think that we're doing this with a new team that has yet to settle. Sure we will have to face sides who won't come out and try to play the way Hib's did, and we'll have some blips along the way, but I really did get the feeling we are heading back to where we belong. We have brought in a good management team, some decent players and we haven't spent a fortune doing it, plus we may be adding a couple more before the window closes, but we'll also have the January window to fix any weaknesses that get highlighted.

After today there will be a fair amount of clubs getting more worried about playing us than the other way around and that includes the top tier.

Absolutely. Some of these guys didn't even know each other a few days ago. I remember what it was like 20 years ago playing 5's with guest players and you didn't know how to play with their strengths.

Onwards and upwards from this point as the team plus a few newcomers gel.

Oh and great to see Miller get a couple too. He has his Allly moments as well despite being a wee bit older. You cannot deny his heart and love of Rangers so lets hope he has a great last season.

Could see him hitting between 15 to 20 as an impact player this season because he's going to get the service that he wasn't getting last season, plus I think he's a good man to have around the younger players. Had to laugh, they get a penalty and we bring on two strikers and take another three off them, now if that isn't making a point to your rivals what is?

Could see him hitting between 15 to 20 as an impact player this season because he's going to get the service that he wasn't getting last season, plus I think he's a good man to have around the younger players. Had to laugh, they get a penalty and we bring on two strikers and take another three off them, now if that isn't making a point to your rivals what is?

Yeah he didn't get much service last season but still managed the occational bit of genius. I think he'll do well this season (and next in the premiership, who know?)

He deserves to show what he's got with the right support and is a seasoned campaigner for the younger boys as you say.

I might not be getting "carried away" with that performance,AlBear, but I sure as fuck will be celebrating it for a while. After about 30 mins on the clock I got a text from a Hibee loving ex-player of mine (on the wind up) saying; "Haha it's men against boys and I can see 10 goals here" After the game I replied; "Fuck! you almost got that right" :D

Stubbs had that lot so fired up they were on the rev limiter from the opening whistle playing against a team that hardly knew each others names and ended up getting annihilated on their own patch. There is no way Hibs will be able to play like that again against us once we gel.

When you have a manager who isn't satisfied with the overall performance after putting 6 of the best against potentially your biggest threat on the opening game of the season, then you have a winner who knows exactly how to coach a team. :clap: