Remember The Half Time Scoreboards ?

tannerall

Row of letters on the terracing wall at each end of the park, which matched letters in the programme that denoted the other Scottish League games that day.

At half time numbered boards were put up after the letters to let the ground know the other half time scores across the country. (Was a bugger when one of those wee blue disabled person cars had parked across one of the scores you were trying to see.)

Used to be quite exciting watching the scores go up, (though most times we'd already heard them on the transistor radio. )

They had them behind the goals at Ibrox and the corresponding numbers were in the programme.

The half time draw was someone walking around the park with a big board with a number on it, (your programme had a number)

I loved the sweep on the bus going to games, you picked a number and that was your player, Everyone wanted Parlane when I was a kid on our bus.

Then there was the fan in the crowd, a picture of fans with someone circled.

Row of letters on the terracing wall at each end of the park, which matched letters in the programme that denoted the other Scottish League games that day.

At half time numbered boards were put up after the letters to let the ground know the other half time scores across the country. (Was a bugger when one of those wee blue disabled person cars had parked across one of the scores you were trying to see.)

Used to be quite exciting watching the scores go up, (though most times we'd already heard them on the transistor radio. )

My first ever game was Rangers v Motherwell in October 1971. The same day as Partick Thistle defeated Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup Final at Hampden. the half-time score was 4-0 and some fans thought they had it the wrong way round before the good news was confirmed.

When my "career" as a ballboy came to an end, I was the asked with others if I would like to put up the half-time scores. Obviously jumped at the opportunity. One day I was off ill and a young ballboy replaced me. Put the C****c score up incorrectly, that they were losing when in fact they were winning. Never got to do it again after that - still I got 3.5 years working at Ibrox - 2 as ball boy and 1.5 putting up H/T scores - wonderful jobs!!!!

Jcb that was more first game on my dads shoulders 5 years of age all I can remember was being the in awe of the way pettigrew moved when on the ball and his long hair at the time swishing from.side to side as he twisted and turned outside the box plus the cries of there's a wane here whenever anyone swore and everybody had a can of beer in their hand

They had them behind the goals at Ibrox and the corresponding numbers were in the programme.

The half time draw was someone walking around the park with a big board with a number on it, (your programme had a number)

I loved the sweep on the bus going to games, you picked a number and that was your player, Everyone wanted Parlane when I was a kid on our bus.

Reminded me of one of funniest moments at Ibrox. Winter midweek league game in early 70s, can't remember the opposition but it was played in torrential rain and blowing a gale into the bargain. What crowd there was was huddled under the limited available cover at that time, the old Broomloan terracing was an empty wilderness. Anyway, at halftime some bright spark sent this young ball boy out to walk round the track with a blackboard on a pole with the lucky programme number chalked on it. The wee boy headed towards the Broomloan end first although it wouldn't have mattered as within 20 yards the numbers on the board had been wiped out with the rain. Undaunted the boy continued on around the track, the crowd in fits of laughter as he fought valiantly round with the blackboard, acting like a sail in the wind. holding him back He got the biggest cheer of the night when he finally got to the Copland end, absolutely soaked to the skin.

I remember the fan in the crowd.

My first ever game was Rangers v Motherwell in October 1971. The same day as Partick Thistle defeated Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup Final at Hampden. the half-time score was 4-0 and some fans thought they had it the wrong way round before the good news was confirmed.

What a day that was.

Rangers booed off at half time and cheered back on.

4 second half goals to boot for the Rangers.

I can still remember following the guy round the park with his barrow and in the first slot he put A 4-0.

Everyone was like whit the fuck and then the cheering began.