Barrie Mckay

It's worth bearing in mind that he set up two goals rather brilliantly in the last match- he found space and played a visionary pass to Halliday that set up a wonderful goal; and for Kenny Miller he showed an elegant touch and then switched a gear to lose his marker before setting up a very attacking goal. This, coupled with his performance in the first half against Burnley, could be an indicationarrow-10x10.png that he might possibly be a real star this season. At 20 years old, he has real potential to be big player for Rangers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of him the first time I saw him play.

But like many others he didn't seem to make any progress under our previous manager and ended up getting farmed out to Morton and others.

Looks like he might well excell under W&W and good luck to him.

Still not a lover of him tbh. Yes he is quick and direct but far to lightweight and inconsistent.

Happy though for him to get games and the opportunity to prove me wrong.

He is better than Templeton though!!!

I think with Warburtons approach to physical conditioning and tailored programmes we'll see the wee fellas upper body strength get a bit better but i think we'll need to accept he'll always be the type to sometimes be muscled out purely because of his style.

We seen at Easter Road that he isn't afraid to stick the foot in so I expect he'll take a whack but get up and go again with the result being he'll win more duels against full backs than he loses.

We don't want him too bulked up or we lose some of the attributes that look like setting him apart e.g fleet of foot and good pace.

Seems exactly the sort of young talent that Warburton dreams of imho

I like McKay, as stated before he has good vision and made 2 good assists but I think he has something which can help players reach their potential - confidence! For the second assist he took the full back on and beat him with pace. A lack of confidence can hinder the most talented players look at temps, has the ability but his confidence is low. Tries to take on his man but either falls, makes a rash pass or gets the ball taken off him.

Mckay will prove this year he is the real deal.

Some of the post about this guy are nuts.

Visionary pass lol are you having a laugh it was basically a square ball. What made that pass was holiday finding the space.

And to call him a very intelligent player is strange when there hasn't been much evidence of a that.

He is a decent player has a hell of a lot to improve on to ever be good enough to play for us when we are back pushing celtic

Some of the post about this guy are nuts.

Visionary pass lol are you having a laugh it was basically a square ball. What made that pass was holiday finding the space.

And to call him a very intelligent player is strange when there hasn't been much evidence of a that.

He is a decent player has a hell of a lot to improve on to ever be good enough to play for us when we are back pushing celtic

That was never a square ball; that was a ball that allowed Halliday more time to tee up his shot than had it been a simple square pass. Halliday was unmarked, in a crucial position, only because of that pass.

That was never a square ball; that was a ball that allowed Halliday more time to tee up his shot than had it been a simple square pass. Halliday was unmarked, in a crucial position, only because of that pass.

it was a square ball to his feet. The player was standing at the edge of the box. I think you are over exaggerating it. He done well to get his head up and spot him though

it was a square ball to his feet. The player was standing at the edge of the box. I think you are over exaggerating it. He done well to get his head up and spot him though

Over exaggerating? right you are. You say it was a square ball; I say the pass had vision to see Halliday in a crucial position unmarked.

Is there a reason you haven't posted a picture yet?

Should be a banning offence to mention a good looking female and then not let everyone else see then aswell.

I'm on mobile, far too much hassle for me to go onto her Facebook or that and... Fuck it:

image.jpg

image.jpg