Barrie Mckay

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good argument it was only 1 game. I'm not saying he made that pass to Halliday knowing he was going to stick it in the top bag. The second assist was class though. Imagine a ball fro the right wing making it into the box! ?

Judge him after a few games but I think with more ball work in training and the team gelling he will get better.

Only time will tell

Thought he would have been out best player by now considering how highly I rated him when he broke through. But his game suffered dramatically under Ally. When he was loaned out you couldn't see a way back for him.

Thought he was poor against Burnley, poor in the first half v Hibs. A good assist for the Miller goal, hopefully he kicks on if he gets his chance as Id like to see him succeed. Just not sure

Give the guy a chance under a new system where everyone understands their role within team unit.

Tbh the 1st pass was fairly basic, the run for the 2nd was impressive and dangerous ball in for Miller tap in.

Burd looks tidy too.

Think we can overplay the physical thing with players. Barcelona have small team but their passing and movement is exceptional. And they win back possession quickly denying opposition space and not by elbowing them off the ball.

Happy to keep an open mind right now to see how things develop before calling players wee diddies etc

You can only see how good ayers are after a run of games.

With competition high for places this will get the best out of the squad as a whole. If he gets a few goals makes assists and still beats defenders I will be sold on him.

Temps for me still has an element of low confidence in his play. He's a 50/50, when he first came he left defenders for dead. Scored goals by the bucketful and made great passes sadly since he was injured and left out of the side he has never get back to that same form. I really do hope he gets a good run of games in a winning team and he faces his demons. Warbs obviously sees him performing in training but in a game in front of a crowd the fear is holding him back.

A templeton back to his best would be our best player IMO

He got about 18 assists in divison 3. Should never have been loaned out. Young players should be learning their football at Rangers. Especially in the lowest leagues of Scottish football. Just another indication og McCoist's incompetence as a manager.

Templeton's done I think. Would give McKay and Walsh a run of games out wide.

I hope your wrong mate.

Walsh is a really good player but I don't see much end product just now, only seen him a handful of times but apart from driving at players there is no end product which McKay has.

Granted he hasn't been given time to show this I would stick with temps and McKay just now but make sure Walsh had some games as well under his belt and eased him into first team football, there is a whole season to go yet. If warns plays it right we could have a good few wide players in fine form.

Templeton's done I think. Would give McKay and Walsh a run of games out wide.

I hope your wrong mate.

Walsh is a really good player but I don't see much end product just now, only seen him a handful of times but apart from driving at players there is no end product which McKay has.

Granted he hasn't been given time to show this I would stick with temps and McKay just now but make sure Walsh had some games as well under his belt and eased him into first team football, there is a whole season to go yet. If warns plays it right we could have a good few wide players in fine form.

I just wonder if peoples' comments would be different if he had been a Warburton signing instead of a player who has been here since Div 3 and beyond.

It wouldn't make a difference to me when you compare the performance of halliday, tavernier and waghorn but he's obviously showing something in training to get the opportunity. Walsh appeared a better prospect for me during his appearances in the playoffs, but hopefully they will both grow with experience this season and add to the team.

Some of the post about this guy are nuts.

Visionary pass lol are you having a laugh it was basically a square ball. What made that pass was holiday finding the space.

And to call him a very intelligent player is strange when there hasn't been much evidence of a that.

He is a decent player has a hell of a lot to improve on to ever be good enough to play for us when we are back pushing celtic

A bit unfair on him, he took his time with plenty of Hibs players round about him, before picking the pass for the first. For the second he swerved it around to the back post for Kenny. Not a great benchmark but neither Foster or Aird ever did so. I think he will take a lot of confidence from his second half showing,against probably our toughest rivals this season, that he can go on and do exceptionally well.

The young man has bulked out a bit which helps

His pace is excellent, he can control a touch and keep the ball at pace much better than Clark & Aird

Has worked a lot on his final ball, the pass for Millers goal was inch perfect, certainly wasn't a square ball either.

He needs games but only the blind can fail to see he is a natural

Really like the lad. Like others have said blows hot and cold but players like him are very few and far between particularly in Scotland. With a bit of physical training and a run of games I really think he could be a star for us. I also think he couldnt have anyone better than Warbs to bring this out in him.