Players With Promise Ruined By Injury

Gaz52

Always thought Duncan Ferguson should have acheived more but had lots of niggling injuries

He arguably achieved what he achieved by being an all-or-nothing player though, which contributed to the injuries. If you moderated his aggression and energy to reduce injuries, would he have been as effective?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He arguably achieved what he achieved by being an all-or-nothing player though, which contributed to the injuries. If you moderated his aggression and energy to reduce injuries, would he have been as effective?

Not uncommon in sport, it's essentially the same principle in analysing Rafa Nadal.

Not sure many of those posting in this thread understand what promise means.

Van Basten and Best :lol:

Mentioning van Basten was relevant to the thread in that his career was cut short due to injury. In fact his last game was in that Champions league final... We all know how Good he was, but at that point he was hitting his stride in my opinion. He could have gone on to be so much better, and I dare say it, with him in the side Holland might have beaten Brazil in the 1994 world cup. He had the ability, but he also had the potential to be far far greater than he was.

Mentioning van Basten was relevant to the thread in that his career was cut short due to injury. In fact his last game was in that Champions league final... We all know how Good he was, but at that point he was hitting his stride in my opinion. He could have gone on to be so much better, and I dare say it, with him in the side Holland might have beaten Brazil in the 1994 world cup. He had the ability, but he also had the potential to be far far greater than he was.

Well put, to add insult to injury I believe JamieD is indicating Roy Race is in the same category, and I find this insulting to the good people of Melchester.

Mind reading an interview with alex ferguson and he claimed a boy named jules moiriana was a standout and would go far in the game. He played once with man u's first team and then got a bad knee injury in a reserve game and although he tried a couple of comebacks it just never happened. Also there was a boy signed with liverpool aged 16 or so in 1985/86ish and tipped for the top and if i mind right he did something stupid like fell through a greenhouse while there was an ambulance strike and nearly bled to death.