To Be True Champions -You Need To Learn How To Take A Defeat

bombaybadboy08

Was a shite performance, been off the boil this month, I fully expect that the team will be feeling worse than us and that makes me feel a bit better

That team is full of winners and they fucking hate this too

I fully expect a rampant Rangers next game and big lessons to be learned from tonight

On to the next game

Actually think that if we learn out lessons from tonight it will stand us in good stead for the rest of the season - imo playing a better standard opposition confirmed the deficiencies in the team which we all knew were there. Now it's up to the players and Warburton to address them.

St Johnstone were pretty clinical (aside from the blooper reel miss..) But our CB's have to be sharper, much sharper - and the same could be said of the front line...

Most knew we need a good defensive mid to sit against better teams, clearly illustrated tonight...

Confident we can learn and push on from this given the squad and management we have

We battered them? Could have been 4-0 easily at half time.the game was over in the 46th minute.How many saves did their keeper have to make?.it was Motherwell all over again.the players ,management and fans got a big reality check tonight.

You're worth the watching.

I think we underestimated, as fans, the standard of the SPL's top six. I appreciate that St Johnstone lie in the bottom six, but they're a top six side with a solid squad and in all honesty, we haven't exactly been stretched this season.

Last night was disappointing, but Warburton and Weir have had to rebuild and that doesn't happen in a couple of months. Our focus should be continuing to master the art of pass-and-move whilst adding quality to the squad in Januray.

One thing I would like to add is that, as much as it pains me to say it, players like McGregor, Naismith, Davis and Whittaker were all winners who, having been exposed to intense pressure, thrived off it. Between 2012 and 2015, McCoist didn't replace that winning mentality, hence the Nandos environment around the club. It'll return, but it'll take time. The players mentality today and response to last night's defeat will be defining.

Think we need to remember where we were last year and how far we have come in 12 games. The way we are gonna play will take time to get used to and St Johnstone taught us a lesson last night. When teams play like that against 9 behind the ball against us we need to be prepared for it and learn how to break them down.

I know the defence needs to improve. I actually think Kieran is good, attacks everything in the air etc. A smart defender covering him with some pace is a necessity going forward.

But the key position for me is defensive midfielder. I love Andy Halliday. And think he would excel in one of the two midfield roles in front. But he got dragged all over the place last night chasing the ball down. Didn't break anything up and wasn't central enough to stop there breaks. Again he will learn from it. But I feel it's a vital position going forward.

I think we underestimated, as fans, the standard of the SPL's top six. I appreciate that St Johnstone lie in the bottom six, but they're a top six side with a solid squad and in all honesty, we haven't exactly been stretched this season.

Last night was disappointing, but Warburton and Weir have had to rebuild and that doesn't happen in a couple of months. Our focus should be continuing to master the art of pass-and-move whilst adding quality to the squad in Januray.

One thing I would like to add is that, as much as it pains me to say it, players like McGregor, Naismith, Davis and Whittaker were all winners who, having been exposed to intense pressure, thrived off it. Between 2012 and 2015, McCoist didn't replace that winning mentality, hence the Nandos environment around the club. It'll return, but it'll take time. The players mentality today and response to last night's defeat will be defining.

We beat a better St Johnstone side 1-0 last season with a shit manager and poor team.

Better than st Johnstone on what evidence? The only evidence is tonight so its ridiculous to say we are better than them, its the other way around

So on your logic

Were we better than St Johnstone last season when we beat them in the cup?

The team that won the Scottish cup and we couldn't win the chalkenge cup and were a laughing stock all year

St Johnstone are a cunt of a team to play against, if ye let those bastards score first yer fucked.

If ye look at what they did to Hamilton the previous week then i think we should have had a different approach to the match, we were too gung ho and offered no protection to our centre backs.

Halliday is not enough protection for those two when Tav and Lee bomb on.

Think Miller starting was a mistake, hes a brilliant impact sub and has got plenty of goals from the bench.

Waggy out wide right is pointless, plays his best stuff through the middle with his hustle bustle style.

Oduwa playing wide left baffled me as he has been striking up a great understanding with Tav down the right.

Mckay sitting on the bench when it should have been Miller, also Mckay links up well with Lee when he fires up the left flank.

All these guys didnt have a bad game i just think they were not utilized to their maximum.

But onwards and upwards, its easy to point out the flaws from the sidelines.