One Thing King Was Right About

K.A.I

I think three quality players added into that squad would really make a big difference. A quality CB with a modicum of pace alongside either Wilson/Kiernan or Ball would sort defence. A Defensive Midfielder with decent ball winning abilities. Replace Miller with a quality goal scoring striker to help Waghorn. Anyway we are more than strong enough this season to go up, plus petrofac and with wee bit of luck cup run in the Scottish!

On that showing we do need 5 top players to win the top flight.

I'm looking on it as another learning curve albeit a really sore one rather than be too hard on the team because we are still progressing.

Really annoyed at Halliday tonight though. Yards too slow no urgency - he needs to put tonight behind him fast.

I was thinking to myself Eustace would have been perfect in there tonight.

The warning signs have been there past 3 games with our lack of tempo and urgency.

Ref was an inconsistent overly picky Fenian cunt but was more frustrated at Waghorn stuck out wide and us continually playing it wide with no joy at all. After twenty minutes you knew it wouldn't work.

As for our defence .... Less said the better.

But in spite of all that I urge everyone to remain positive - let's not let this bad night at the office undo all our good work so far. That's the main thing. Morton can't come quick enough now.

We need about 13 players

probably skimmed over it. Sorry. Just seems as though folk think it's the end of the world cos we lost

Yeah I get what you mean.

It's another learning curve in essence and that's not me desperately clutching at straws trying to be positive or make excuses. I'm usually quite negative and difficult to please but it's exactly what it is.

As long as we learn lessons from tonight (Halliday's tempo, endless balls going wide into tight areas to create our main openings which wasn't working, Waghorn isolated on the wing trying to do it all himself and Wilson/Kiernan's understanding/s) then we will come away from this a better team.

Make no mistake, tonight is a sore one but it's part of our progress too.

Whatever the reasons for the defeat tonight I think we'll learn more about the current squad on how they react to tonight's game in the coming weeks.

Said similar in the car home tonight. They will learn more from that defeat than they ever will battering part-time teams 5-0 (as enjoyable as that is)

Lol

Once you make the list your fucked

Sounds a tad rapey. :(

Seriously though. We have some quality loan players who will be returning to their teams next season. Be a chasm in our small squad if they aren't replaced.

We will hopefully be going up a division, but with less players, but requiring a higher standard of football. We will need major investment in our squad.