" We Need A Goalscorer "

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the balance of the side we still need a striker playing up with Waghorn and that doesn't diminish whatsoever what Waghorn has achieved this season so far,

I agree. Waghorn's done well , but if I have one criticism of our style of play its that there's too many times we've got to the byline , cut the ball back and nobody was there. Tuesday night was the perfect example , particularly in the 2nd half where we were chasing goals and the lack of players we had in the box once the ball was put in.

Maybe just need to tweak the balance with the midfield.

2nd division. When it mattered against St Johnstone he was found wanting. Or was that Warburtons fault? Folk can't have it both ways. We absolutely do need more quality up front to compliment Waghorn. Miller and Clark are atrocious and Hardie just isn't ready.

he was out wide tuesday night, and it showed, today through the middle and a focal point of our attack he is much better

he was out wide tuesday night, and it showed, today through the middle and a focal point of our attack he is much better

That was why i asked "Or was that Warburtons fault" MW made a huge mistake playing Miller against St Johnstone, i sincerely hope he has learned from that. Fwiw, Waghorn is my favourite current Rangers player. I think he is fantastic but i still think he needs a hand.

2nd division. When it mattered against St Johnstone he was found wanting. Or was that Warburtons fault? Folk can't have it both ways. We absolutely do need more quality up front to compliment Waghorn. Miller and Clark are atrocious and Hardie just isn't ready.

It was Warburtons fault IMO.

Playing Miller centrally and Waghorn wide was his first major error for me.

It's all fine and well saying that against teams like Morton, Alloa etc but on Tuesday we lacked another cutting edge up front. In no way criticising Waghorn just feel a natural finisher would be good alongside him.

You do realise that if we add another striker that takes away one of our midfield and totally fucks up our system of play and probably leave us even more exposed at the back.

We lost one game against St Johnstone, We were not at our best on Tuesday, We made individual and collective mistakes.

We could play St Johnstone again tomorrow and take 4 or 5 off them, I have no doubt about that.

It terrific that we are still looking for improvement when we are top of the league with 100% record and are averaging 3.5 goals per game.

Our manager has a system of play that means we play with a lone striker and a midfield 7 who get forward, Lets face it, Tavernier and Wallace don't really defend and spend most of the game in the opponents half. I enjoy that 2-7-1 formation. :uk: