" We Need A Goalscorer "

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it Warburton's fault when Waghorn missed a guilt edged opportunity moments after we scored against St Johnstone?

Waghorn is great at the level we are at just now but like so many others in our team he will need to prove that he can be as clinical when we step up a level.

That's not meant as a knock on him, or any other player in our squad, but that's the reality of where we are just now.

In mid week St Johnstone beat us, Morton beat Motherwell, Hivs beat Aberdeen. Its called cup football ffs! The league we are in is the one that really matters. Let's be judged on that!

What a shite attitude. A cup is a cup, we are in them to win them. Winning them and those types of matches are what makes us who and what we are. The biggest club in the country and most successful club in the world. The defeat to St Johnstone was a huge loss. Every game matters. Diddy cup or league match.

You do realise that if we add another striker that takes away one of our midfield and totally fucks up our system of play and probably leave us even more exposed at the back.

We lost one game against St Johnstone, We were not at our best on Tuesday, We made individual and collective mistakes.

We could play St Johnstone again tomorrow and take 4 or 5 off them, I have no doubt about that.

It terrific that we are still looking for improvement when we are top of the league with 100% record and are averaging 3.5 goals per game.

Our manager has a system of play that means we play with a lone striker and a midfield 7 who get forward, Lets face it, Tavernier and Wallace don't really defend and spend most of the game in the opponents half. I enjoy that 2-7-1 formation. :uk:

The number of times on Tuesday when we were attacking in the second half but had nobody in the box was frustrating. Fair enough 1 up front is the way Warburton likes to play but at times when chasing games like we were it would of been good to have another striker up there.

2nd division. When it mattered against St Johnstone he was found wanting. Or was that Warburtons fault? Folk can't have it both ways. We absolutely do need more quality up front to compliment Waghorn. Miller and Clark are atrocious and Hardie just isn't ready.

ask warburton if it mattered and I'm sure he'll tell you no it doesn't. Every game matters and we had a off night on Tuesday. We never worked as hard as saints did and that's why we lost

You do realise that if we add another striker that takes away one of our midfield and totally fucks up our system of play and probably leave us even more exposed at the back.

We lost one game against St Johnstone, We were not at our best on Tuesday, We made individual and collective mistakes.

We could play St Johnstone again tomorrow and take 4 or 5 off them, I have no doubt about that.

It terrific that we are still looking for improvement when we are top of the league with 100% record and are averaging 3.5 goals per game.

Our manager has a system of play that means we play with a lone striker and a midfield 7 who get forward, Lets face it, Tavernier and Wallace don't really defend and spend most of the game in the opponents half. I enjoy that 2-7-1 formation. :uk:

In mid week St Johnstone beat us, Morton beat Motherwell, Hivs beat Aberdeen. Its called cup football ffs! The league we are in is the one that really matters. Let's be judged on that!

Good post mate.

We could play SJ another 3 times this season and win them all.There is very little between the sides.

Was it Warburton's fault when Waghorn missed a guilt edged opportunity moments after we scored against St Johnstone?

Waghorn is great at the level we are at just now but like so many others in our team he will need to prove that he can be as clinical when we step up a level.

That's not meant as a knock on him, or any other player in our squad, but that's the reality of where we are just now.

Good post

I actually think Peralta would have been decent in a DM role with this team and coaches.

I agree and there would be several other candidates who suffered under McCoist but who may have been effective under this manager.

What a shite attitude. A cup is a cup, we are in them to win them. Winning them and those types of matches are what makes us who and what we are. The biggest club in the country and most successful club in the world. The defeat to St Johnstone was a huge loss. Every game matters. Diddy cup or league match.

Calm down ffs! I didn't say it didn't matter. I said the league is what really matters and pointed out that cup ties are unpredictable!