Danny Wilson Is Better Than Grant Hanley

Gaz52

Are you really equating Rangers fans booing a Rangers player because he is piss-poor with Scotland fans booing him solely because he is a Rangers player? Really?

I thought he was booed because he made his debut at Easter Road and the Hibs supporting Scotland fans were the ones booing him?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, there is.

Not to say he's been shite for us. He was impressive during his first spell and he's pissed it in a piss poor league this season but he clearly isn't a good enough defender for a higher level than where he's at and strolling it in the Championship doesn't change that, at all.

Our fans thinking that any of our Scottish players should be in with a shout for the national team because they're strolling it in the 2nd tier of Scotland are wrong, simple as that.

I disagree mate, we will see how good Danny Wilson performs next season before you try to discount his ability already.

I think you must read the papers too much and buy in to all of the naysayers in Scotland attitude that somehow Rangers can't cut it somehow just because we are in the championship at this moment in time.

See next season after we have won the Championship title, I'm sure WILSON WILL ABSOLUTELY BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SPFL, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW HE ISN'T, ARE YOU MARK WARBURTON OR DAVID WEIR? ARE YOU A SCOUT? ARE YOU A MANAGER? ARE YOU A DEFENDER, OR A PLAYER YOURSELF? ARE YOU AN SPFL PREMIERSHIP PLAYER YOURSELF WHO KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES? NO, so I don't see how you know Danny Wilson apparently isn't good enough for the higher level.

See until the day it is proved that Wilson can't handle the level of football or cut it at Rangers, I would stop trying to tarnish his reputation with the fans on this forum until he actually does make mistakes which prove the level of football was too good for him. If you are trying to base that opinion on the loss to St Johnstone then that's completely unfair from only one match, every CB makes a mistake one match of their careers. I think you must be one of those people that as soon as we lose one match start to say some of our players are shit and try to get on their backs. We don't need that. Even Mark Warburton has stated we don't need that.

I thought he was booed because he made his debut at Easter Road and the Hibs supporting Scotland fans were the ones booing him?

Did you see Scott Brown/Shaun Maloney etc. getting booed off the Rangers fans when Scotland played at Ibrox. What's your excuse for Wallace getting booed at Hampden?

Did you see Scott Brown/Shaun Maloney etc. getting booed off the Rangers fans when Scotland played at Ibrox. What's your excuse for Wallace getting booed at Hampden?

That's a myth.

From memory he went on a really good run at one point and was roundly applauded.

That's a myth.

From memory he went on a really good run at one point and was roundly applauded.

Can remember him getting booed can't remember who against, his highest amount of caps a year is 3. Still, your reason for Black being booed still isn't justified. He

it's at Hibs and he played for Hearts is so bad.

Can remember him getting booed can't remember who against, his highest amount of caps a year is 3. Still, your reason for Black being booed still isn't justified. He

it's at Hibs and he played for Hearts is so bad.

He's a wank. He was booed everywhere in Scotland, and that was before he signed for us.

It's like when Lennon gets abuse at nearly every ground he goes to, he immediately blames it on being a poor persecuted Catholic - when it's actually because he's a total dick.

You're doing the same with Black, except replace 'Catholic' for 'Rangers player'.

He's a wank. He was booed everywhere in Scotland, and that was before he signed for us.

It's like when Lennon gets abuse at nearly every ground he goes to, he immediately blames it on being a poor persecuted Catholic - when it's actually because he's a total dick.

You're doing the same with Black, except replace 'Catholic' for 'Rangers player'.

He's a wank, agreed, but does that call for him to get booed? In that case, Brown, Naismith etc. deserve booed. Brown's the exact same as Black a fake hardman. The difference being one's the captain.

He's a wank, agreed, but does that call for him to get booed? In that case, Brown, Naismith etc. deserve booed. Brown's the exact same as Black a fake hardman. The difference being one's the captain.

I can't believe our support is now so sensitive to a little booing - it's not like it was the whole stadium, it was a handful of people. And yes, it does call to be booed, just booing is letting him off lightly,

I can't believe our support is now so sensitive to a little booing - it's not like it was the whole stadium, it was a handful of people. And yes, it does call to be booed, just booing is letting him off lightly,

Don't like Black, don't feel sorry for him or anything. Why should he be booed for playing for his country?

As much as I want to see Rangers players in Scotland shirts , I'm not convinced Danny is better than Hanley.

However, Lee Wallace is better than anything else we have at left back imo.

I bought it when it was Robertson ahead of Wallace because he was on great form and Wallace was playing at a lower level but when it's a shite right back being picked ahead of him at left back there's something bloody wrong

Yet managed to hack it against Inverness, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock last season. Go figure.

By your estimation no Celtic player should get in ahead of an Aberdeen player. But wait a minute, no Aberdeen player should get in ahead of a St Johnstone player.

On the simple basis of an individual and his worth, Wallace has had a very good season to date. But tell you what, let's wait until next season when he is up against those Gods in the "top" league then we can judge.

What logic is that exactly ? In the 3 and a half years when ever we've had a big game Wallace has been nowhere to be seen yet he can be trusted to play against the likes of Poland in a Euro qualifier ? Nah no having that.

Take the blue tinted specs off for a minute. If he was really as good as what many try to make him out to be he'd have attracted interested. There's been no interest. Paper talk, aye. Nothing more.

And if we're being brutally honest his commitment has been very questionable at times during those last 3 years.

Wallace is not the best left back in Scotland. Christ sake, even the one season we were in the top league with him he hardly ever stood out.

Supporters judgement have been clouded by the fact he's stuck with us during these hard times. Nothing else.

I disagree mate, we will see how good Danny Wilson performs next season before you try to discount his ability already.

I think you must read the papers too much and buy in to all of the naysayers in Scotland attitude that somehow Rangers can't cut it somehow just because we are in the championship at this moment in time.

See next season after we have won the Championship title, I'm sure WILSON WILL ABSOLUTELY BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SPFL, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW HE ISN'T, ARE YOU MARK WARBURTON OR DAVID WEIR? ARE YOU A SCOUT? ARE YOU A MANAGER? ARE YOU A DEFENDER, OR A PLAYER YOURSELF? ARE YOU AN SPFL PREMIERSHIP PLAYER YOURSELF WHO KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES? NO, so I don't see how you know Danny Wilson apparently isn't good enough for the higher level.

See until the day it is proved that Wilson can't handle the level of football or cut it at Rangers, I would stop trying to tarnish his reputation with the fans on this forum until he actually does make mistakes which prove the level of football was too good for him. If you are trying to base that opinion on the loss to St Johnstone then that's completely unfair from only one match, every CB makes a mistake one match of their careers. I think you must be one of those people that as soon as we lose one match start to say some of our players are shit and try to get on their backs. We don't need that. Even Mark Warburton has stated we don't need that.

Are you a woman by any chance ? I don't mean that as an insult, I'm genuinely asking.

Btw, Danny Wilson has already failed at a higher level. He failed with Liverpool, he failed in the English Championship and he was utter shite for Hearts in the top league when they got put down.

Pissing about in this league doesn't change the fact he's already failed at a higher level and is nowhere near good enough for Scotland.

Take your bitch-fit and fuck off, hen.

Fuckin keep the noise doon hen.

What logic is that exactly ? In the 3 and a half years when ever we've had a big game Wallace has been nowhere to be seen yet he can be trusted to play against the likes of Poland in a Euro qualifier ? Nah no having that.

Take the blue tinted specs off for a minute. If he was really as good as what many try to make him out to be he'd have attracted interested. There's been no interest. Paper talk, aye. Nothing more.

And if we're being brutally honest his commitment has been very questionable at times during those last 3 years.

Wallace is not the best left back in Scotland. Christ sake, even the one season we were in the top league with him he hardly ever stood out.

Supporters judgement have been clouded by the fact he's stuck with us during these hard times. Nothing else.

Spot on.

Wallace is massively overrated by the majority of our support. He's average at best.

I despise the SFA, the SFPL, the teams (apart from us) that make up the SFPL and their cunts of fans. I support Scotland at every sport imaginable except football. There are many Rangers fans who share this opinion whether they are in the majority or not I don't know but they are certainly not a small minority.

I long for the day when we can move to be part of the English league set up and have nothing more to do with the vile bigoted football culture in this country.

Rhat bastard bhroon is a thug and should never be Scotland captain

Are you a woman by any chance ? I don't mean that as an insult, I'm genuinely asking.

Btw, Danny Wilson has already failed at a higher level. He failed with Liverpool, he failed in the English Championship and he was utter shite for Hearts in the top league when they got put down.

Pissing about in this league doesn't change the fact he's already failed at a higher level and is nowhere near good enough for Scotland.

Take your bitch-fit and fuck off, hen.

Who are you? A Brad Pitt Wannabe (because of your dp)? did you watch Fight Club and then suddenly think you are Brad Pitt and you know everything about Football or something (that's what it looks like)? And no, I'm not a woman, but if you are looking for one why don't you start, from stopping trying to be Brad Pitt and the guy from Fight Club on an online Forum.

Since Danny 'already failed at another level' and isn't good enough for Scotland why don't you start supporting Grant Hanley then if he is so great?

Or why don't you write Warburton and the club an email to convince him to sign Hanley if it's what is apparently right for the club then, in your opinion that Wilson can't handle the SPFL premiership. (This is the same Danny Wilson who around 4 months ago Ronny Deila openly said he had an interest in signing before stopping the interest to instead sign Boyata only like 4 months ago, so, it is confusing that the winners of the premiership would have had an interest in signing a player who apparently couldn't handle the premiership, especially when they had already seen him play in the premiership, oh wait that must be because Danny Wilson clearly can handle the Premiership)

Life must be so exciting when, you clearly know everything about what players can handle what levels and who is the best and everything? even better than our club knows apparently, even better than Davie Weir knows apparently since Davie Weir signed Danny Wilson (the great Centre Back) for us and Great Davie Weir must believe young Danny (only 23 mind you) will clearly be good enough for the premiership (like most sane and Scottish people who know Wilson would believe) and Davie is one of the greatest Scottish Centre Backs. I would trust Davie before you especially with regards to knowing a player is good enough for Rangers and knowing if a CB is good enough for the SPFL premiership which he has played in himself.

We are so lucky that our team are even performing so good as they have done, but now that we have got used to this, it seems like apparently the new 'cool' thing to do for punters like you is to try and pick apart our team on the forum instead of supporting them.

Fuckin keep the noise doon hen.

And I think you must want to be King Jela or something, but probably drank too much cans tonight, so your attempt to support his argument resorted to basically just copying the last sentence of his post in a vain attempt