• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that.

It does seem bitter on Allys behalf but Dave King said himself that

1. It wasn't that much of a drain on the finances

2. He was withing his rights to.

I know but it's the principle of it for me.

He made that much an arse of the job I felt he had a cheek taking those wages every week.

He was obviously entitled by contract to pick the wages up but whether he had earned them is another matter.

I know but it's the principle of it for me.

He made that much an arse of the job I felt he had a cheek taking those wages every week.

He was obviously entitled by contract to pick the wages up but whether he had earned them is another matter.

He didn't earn a manager pay wage, not in the slightest. I'm not going to defend his managerial skills because there isn't really anything to defend.

Gardening leave itself seems like a cheeky thing but I think it's not something you can actually ask for it's more so something you're company puts you on to get you out the way.

Dave King got dogs abuse (and rightly so) at the time for slabbering the pish he did about that. Some of the other nuggets included him deserving to be back in the directors box because of his wee Maw or something and that the Rangers fans will appreciate how good a job he did .... King couldn't have crammed any more mind numbing intelligence insulting bullshit into one interview if he tried.

Rangers owe a lot to ally McCoist, he's a legend. our all time top goal scorer, winner of 2 golden boots (which only 10 other players in the world have done) and other accolades.

There is no denying that Ally was a credit to rangers as a player, as a manager however is a different story. That's why he was better as an assistant to Walter smith, there was a great balance there just like how there is a great balance between Warbuton and Weir.

and you gotta look at the hand Ally was dealt, I mean we had players betting against Rangers. Also I take it as you don't like Dave King then? xD

He didn't earn a manager pay wage, not in the slightest. I'm not going to defend his managerial skills because there isn't really anything to defend.

Gardening leave itself seems like a cheeky thing but I think it's not something you can actually ask for it's more so something you're company puts you on to get you out the way.

Rangers owe a lot to ally McCoist, he's a legend. our all time top goal scorer, winner of 2 golden boots (which only 10 other players in the world have done) and other accolades.

There is no denying that Ally was a credit to rangers as a player, as a manager however is a different story. That's why he was better as an assistant to Walter smith, there was a great balance there just like how there is a great balance between Warbuton and Weir.

and you gotta look at the hand Ally was dealt, I mean we had players betting against Rangers. Also I take it as you don't like Dave King then? xD

Ally signed the guy who bet against us though.

As corrupt as the board were at the time, they backed him to the hilt and allowed him to bring in all these overpaid hasbeens.

Ally signed the guy who bet against us though.

As corrupt as the board were at the time, they backed him to the hilt and allowed him to bring in all these overpaid hasbeens.

Like I said, he wasn't a manager at all. Should've done more research into players, especially ones that came from teams that pretty much hate us.

Rangers owe McCoist nothing mate. We made him millions and gave him 4 years in a job that was too big for him and ruined us on a footballing level.

We got so much from him as a player but I am able to leave that in the past and reflect fondly on it which is the way it should be - not give him a free pass to ruin us on and off the park after that.

Rangers owe McCoist nothing mate. We made him millions and gave him 4 years in a job that was too big for him and ruined us on a footballing level.

We got so much from him as a player but I am able to leave that in the past and reflect fondly on it which is the way it should be - not give him a free pass to ruin us on and off the park after that.

I won't ever defend McCoist on a manager level, like you said it was too big for him and did ruin us.

and what happened off the pitch during that time albeit it was dubious it was all within his right too.

No real Gers fan would have that rag anywhere near his skin.

A £25k a week 5 year contract and you wouldn't wear it? Better players than Kenny Miller have crossed over. It's a short career at the end of the day and the aim is to win trophies and earn enough money so you don't need to work again.

A £25k a week 5 year contract and you wouldn't wear it? Better players than Kenny Miller have crossed over. It's a short career at the end of the day and the aim is to win trophies and earn enough money so you don't need to work again.

You would? Explains a lot.......

First of all never kissed the Celtic badge, where did this pish come from?

Secondly, he's a scumbag who signed for them, but I can accept him now his second spell for us more than made up for the one goal he scored against us for the bheggers.

As for the poster who mentioned not celebrating his goals, my whole bus apart from a few went years without celebrating a Kenny Miller goal, even against the bheggers. I'd like to point out, I did because as I used to say to them a Kenny Miller goal is a Rangers goal. The first time most of them celebrated a Kenny Miller goal was at Easter Road last season when he put us 2-0 up finally enough. They all celebrated his two goals at the start of the season against Hibs aswell.

If I have misremembered that, then I apologise. What I wont apologise for is not wanting to sign players who have played for them having been Bears previously. I'd also never not celebrate a Rangers goal, I'd just prefer it was someone else scoring it. I'll be glad when he finally leaves Rangers.

I started to forgive him signing for the tarriers the day he put 2 past the fat pole at the piggery, forgiveness was complete the day he repeated the trick at Ibrox.

Never forget that "Oh my god they've signed kenny" banner :P

Heard him say yesterday he came back to the club he loves, good enough for me.

No amount of money would have been able to put that rag on my body , and the same would be said of any real Gers fans.

And I bet you hated him for his 2 match winning braces at the piggery, so many hypocrites on here as I'm sure you would of been jumping about like a mad man when he scored them?

There's been more than one player at Rangers I haven't liked but of course I'll cheer when they do the job. I'd just prefer it to be someone else.

No. And bigger numbers won't work either.

He's a mercenary and a turncoat but unlike the likes of Scott Allan he's never really tried to pretend otherwise, and you can never doubt he gives 100% whenever he's on the pitch.

Not wanting to start another SA discussion but the difference is KM didn't choose them over us. SA did :(

If I was a professional footballer I probably could play for cellic and put in a solid peformance, but most importantly would never endorse their backing of the Catholic Church, or IRA, or the corruption higher up, and would have no problem letting the club and fans know that. I would also not enjoy the fact that my performance could hurt Rangers, but I would be professional.

Unlike us ordinary fans, the players themselves are in a football bubble. most Rangers and cellic players probably get along fine and are friends off the park. So within the football profession, ambition and the players and/or family's future is rightly more important, so

can understand that they can disassociate from the biases and politics behind both Old Firm clubs.

Could never ever celebrate a goal which directly affected us though.

Scott Allan is a different kettle of fish., I'd have tried to hold out for the move to Rangers, or probably walked out of Hibs, even getting legal advice on restriction of working opportunities or similar, just to get to Ibrox.

Out of interest, are there any on here who still hate that we sign catholic players, or that Mo Johnston joined us ?