Kenny Miller Half Time

rfc1990

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always thought he was a Hibee - immaterial anyway as no bluenose when already in a decent wage and in football employment signs for them

I know guys like Murdo McLeod, Danny McGrain and Kenny Dalglish were prods but Celtic gave them massive opportunities when Rangers didn't want them or were playing at a level below

Not sure of McLeod - but both mcgrain & dalglish were turned away from Rangers.

Even with that I can't imagine why anyone who grew up supporting us would sign for them.

I'm not saying that they were not entitled to but I can't imagine the mindset.

If it were me as a young man with enough talent I'd rather sign for a Kilmarnock or a Motherwell and make my mark for them and if I proved to be good enough then hope Rangers would come in for me.

I know. That's my point. I have a bit more sympathy for them as Rangers didn't want them and Celtic gave them a chance.

McLeod signed for Celtic from Dumbarton. I think it was Davie Wilson that was the manager of Dumbarton at the time. The story goes he got in Davie Wilson's car and said he's signing for one of the Old Firm and Murdo naturally assumed it was Rangers. Davie was driving along the Broomielaw and never turned right over the bridge and kept on going and Murdo was meant to have went apeshit smashing the dashboard.

This.

Money is money, and money can sure as hell talk.

Just like all those assholes giving Ally a hard time about going on gardening leave, he was entitled to and i'm pretty damn sure anyone who bitches about it would do the exact same thing as Ally did in his position.

So you would line up other employment and then go back to Rangers (after them trying to get you in 3 times previously to make a deal and decline) to squeeze that wee bit more cash we don't have out us then go happily to your next job? ... some Rangers man you are.

So you would line up other employment and then go back to Rangers (after them trying to get you in 3 times previously to make a deal and decline) to squeeze that wee bit more cash we don't have out us then go happily to your next job? ... some Rangers man you are.

The problem with gardening leave is is you're not allowed to go get another job until your contract has been terminated.

> an employee's suspension from work on full pay for the duration of a notice period, typically to prevent them from having any further influence on the organization or from accessing confidential information.

​That's the proper definition of gardening leave there. So it's not exactly his own choice that he was getting paid, it was reported that Ally worked for half and nothing when he first came to manage the team. But Ally himself just isn't cut out for being a manager and that showed.

The problem with gardening leave is is you're not allowed to go get another job until your contract has been terminated.

> an employee's suspension from work on full pay for the duration of a notice period, typically to prevent them from having any further influence on the organization or from accessing confidential information.

​That's the proper definition of gardening leave there. So it's not exactly his own choice that he was getting paid, it was reported that Ally worked for half and nothing when he first came to manage the team. But Ally himself just isn't cut out for being a manager and that showed.

I know what gardening leave is but you don't get what I mean.

We tried 3 times to get him in to make a deal when King and co took over. Each time he said no.

He then got a chance of alternative employment and all of a sudden he wanted to make a deal. Getting paid twice.

We tried 3 times to get him in to make a deal when King and co took over. Each time he said no.

He then got a chance of alternative employment and all of a sudden he wanted to make a deal. Getting paid twice.

I was made aware that the deal had been settled with very quickly, so I apologize for any misinformation. The following is what I was going by

> "Agreement was reached quickly during a meeting with Rangers chairman Dave King, who expressed his gratitude for the contribution Ally has made to the club both as a player and then manager."

Could you link me to where it says otherwise?

I was made aware that the deal had been settled with very quickly, so I apologize for any misinformation. The following is what I was going by

> "Agreement was reached quickly during a meeting with Rangers chairman Dave King, who expressed his gratitude for the contribution Ally has made to the club both as a player and then manager."

Could you link me to where it says otherwise?

It was settled quickly after he got another job lined up.

We tried 3 times to do a deal before then from when King and co took over and he refused.

It was settled quickly after he got another job lined up.

We tried 3 times to do a deal before then from when King and co took over and he refused.

Not that i'm making excuses for Ally but maybe those 3 times before he didn't have another job lined up?

But I can't find anything about the 3 times he refused. and everything Dave King says about the subject is fairly positive and that a agreement was reached quickly.

Kai is right, the minute there was another job on offer he couldn't wait to meet up and settle what he had to with us.

Wasn't interested before then.

Isn't that to be expected though? If you are planning to leave a job then you set something up for yourself. That's what I done when I was working in a shop, I wasn't happy working there so before quitting I started to look for another stable job.

Not that i'm making excuses for Ally but maybe those 3 times before he didn't have another job lined up?

But I can't find anything about the 3 times he refused. and everything Dave King says about the subject is fairly positive and that a agreement was reached quickly.

Sorry I must of missed this, what job does McCoist have lined up?

Here you go

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-asks-ally-mccoist-5739265

Correct mate.

I think once was public knowledge about King getting him to try and do a deal but they tried 3 times in the end (source an ex-directors son)

Thank you for that.

It does seem bitter on Allys behalf but Dave King said himself that

1. It wasn't that much of a drain on the finances

2. He was withing his rights to.

Thank you for that.

It does seem bitter on Allys behalf but Dave King said himself that

1. It wasn't that much of a drain on the finances

2. He was withing his rights to.

Dave King got dogs abuse (and rightly so) at the time for slabbering the pish he did about that. Some of the other nuggets included him deserving to be back in the directors box because of his wee Maw or something and that the Rangers fans will appreciate how good a job he did .... King couldn't have crammed any more mind numbing intelligence insulting bullshit into one interview if he tried.