Latest From Shoot

The Dude

After a blistering start to the season under new boss Mark Warburton, Rangers have seen results take a little dip in recent weeks. Earlier this season, the talk before games was how many the team would rack up in an easy win; bookmakers must have made a fortune of people backing seven, eight and nine-goal victories.

The recent draw at Livingston’s fantastically-named Tony Macaroni Arena wasn’t as much down to the hosts performing valiantly and earning a point as it was Rangers being wasteful in possession. The visitors finished the game having had 70% of the ball, eight corners to Livi’s two, and ten shots at goal.

Read more: http://www.shoot.co.uk/rangers-need-a-striker-and-defensive-midfielder-in-the-transfer-window/

Top article again mate, and a very accurate and fair critique on the team's form of late and of the type of players required in the next window.

Agree about Halliday and feel he is under used in his current role and would fit in better in a more attacking role.

Cheers mate and look forward to your next oracle.

PS; going back now to hit the site a few more times. :lol:

:uk:

Holt is a literally one of the best pieces of business we've ever done (tu)

He's been a great signing. I was really surprised when Hearts were willing to let him go a few years ago then loaned him to Sheffield United. As he gets more experience he's going to become a fantastic central midfielder. I'm really looking forward to watching him over the next few years.

Decent read - there are numerous times every game now where I think 'shoot' but we take extra passes - and I think back to a game airs played where he tried a shot- which he fluffed- and MWcwas raging at him - so the lack of shooting seems to be managerial instruction - kinda frustrating in a dull drawn game

Decent read - there are numerous times every game now where I think 'shoot' but we take extra passes - and I think back to a game airs played where he tried a shot- which he fluffed- and MWcwas raging at him - so the lack of shooting seems to be managerial instruction - kinda frustrating in a dull drawn game

I remember that too. Saying that I am biased as Tavs was subbed and i had money on him for last goal scorer. Lol.

I think the two young loanees should be encouraged to shoot more too. Not a goal between them yet. Dissapointing considering their match time. A wee goal or two would give their confidence a boost too.

That was the game where we beat St Mirren 1-0. Aird took the shot on the 89 or so. I think that may have been frustration from Warburton as Aird needlessly gave the ball back to the opposition so late in the game when we didn't have to chase anything. That was a close game and I think Warburton was just wanting us to see it out.

I said this in another thread. It appears MW has instructed players to keep possession until the advantage is heavily weighted in our favour for a shot. You can see this tactic also with our keeper, short corners, crosses, lack of the longball tactic. Problem is when the opposition pack the box leaving only a speculative shot on goal, something the boss won't tolerate.

I agree with you to a certain point. I do think they've been instructed to retain possession as much as possible however I think, especially given how wasteful we can be in front of goal, there needs to be more opportunities taken. I think the Aird example, as a few others have said, was partly down to circumstance (1-0 up with a few minutes to go and he absolutely fluffed it) and I can't see any manager complaining at a player shooting if it leads to a goal.