Greatest Debuts?

ready1873

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Dibble signed as an emergency goalie signed - versus dortmund uefa cup match

he was fantastic

I drove in the car from england took my nephew first time at ibrox for him

through mid week game

We won and met michael mols pre -match n the club shop what a day & night

Carlsberg advert

Souness.

Could have been sent off twice before he actually was for a glorious off-the-ball crippling of the bheastly George McCluskey, who was carried off the field dripping blood. It was only about half an hour into the game and sent a nice wee message out that Rangers weren't going to be anyone's bitch any more.

I remember the faux outrage in the media following that game but what was most important was for first time in years thinking at last we had a group of players who were prepared to stick together and fight to win trophies for us.

While technically not a debut but Mark Hateley in his first game of his second stint. Fuck it, I'm calling it a debut. Ran riot and bullied the Celtic defence all game... well at least until his game was cut short with a red card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnR7CFzrNvA

Right, game was very important too.

On the flip side Kevin Kyle, that was the day I truly realised we had hit rock fucking bottom.

Tugay comin off the bench at home to Aberdeen a think it was, wasn't on the park long but could tell he was a brilliant player.

Amazing to think that a player of his caliber could hardly find a fixed starting place in our team. Shows how far we and Scottish football have fallen in a relatively short space of time.

I remember thinking Rozental was going to be one of the best players we had ever had. He possessed that sheer touch of class. Firmly believe he would have gone on to be a great; he certainly had the talent.

Edit: Celebratory 1690th post :clap: - nice touch with the profile icons :D

Kuznetsov against St Mirren I think we won 5 nil and he was outstanding,sadly he was injured in his next game and was never the same again.

Bang on the money,

The man was so far in front of everybody that day,

I remember 2 St mrren players having him 2 on 1 that day I remember standing in the east enclosure thinking to myself this is easy just before he took possession again

Also cracked the base of the post from 30yds ,if it had went in it woulda made kontermans goal at the pig sty look like a tap in

Sionko would've got it if he could finish. Missed chance after chance v well on his debut

We were brilliant that day 2-1 going on six or seven. I remember they gave us the stand behind the goals at the other end that day aswell, that's where I was and I remember everyone leaving happy that we were going to have a good manager and be brilliant....

In all the time I have been watching by far the best debut and start was Colin Stein. First game a hat trick against Arbroath in Scottish Cup, then next game a hat trick against Hibs then his third game 2 against Dundalk in a European Game.

He also hit the post in the Dundalk game.

3 goals in your first 3 games for a team would have been hard to surpass.

Bang on the money,

The man was so far in front of everybody that day,

I remember 2 St mrren players having him 2 on 1 that day I remember standing in the east enclosure thinking to myself this is easy just before he took possession again

Also cracked the base of the post from 30yds ,if it had went in it woulda made kontermans goal at the pig sty look like a tap in

Looked like he didn't even break sweat either, outstanding player sadly ruined by "hammer throwers"

We were brilliant that day 2-1 going on six or seven. I remember they gave us the stand behind the goals at the other end that day aswell, that's where I was and I remember everyone leaving happy that we were going to have a good manager and be brilliant....

The football we played that day was sensational, unfortunately the fact we only won 2-1 was to set a trend for le guens reign.

Andy Dibble signed as an emergency goalie signed - versus dortmund uefa cup match

he was fantastic

I drove in the car from england took my nephew first time at ibrox for him

through mid week game

We won and met michael mols pre -match n the club shop what a day & night

Carlsberg advert

You are getting mixed up the Dortmund goalie was Thomas Myre

Dibble signed and debuted at Peadodome when we won 9 in a row

You are getting mixed up the Dortmund goalie was Thomas Myre

Dibble signed and debuted at Peadodome when we won 9 in a row

Was thinking that myself, although, started to question myself that the drink had finally addled the brain :lol:

Produced some save off that flick free-kick. Can't remember the Pacific Shelf two, was Di Canio one of them?

Was thinking that myself, although, started to question myself that the drink had finally addled the brain :lol:

Produced some save off that flick free-kick. Can't remember the Pacific Shelf two, was Di Canio one of them?

Dibble spent an inordinate amount of time in Lock 27

seemed to enjoy being a Ger though