Why Do Most Rangers Minded Fans Disagree With Rm

chinaman

So they invited him and his father into the directors box ,furnish him with all the sports direct facts and let his protest outside the club shop go by without a word,but don't back him ?

I was being sarcastic.

Of course they back him...it just doesn't take a fucking genius to work out why.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you will find the debate you are looking for. Let's face it, it's an argument you want. However I will offer a response

The mistake you seem to make is that RM is a single minded entity. I have only ever spent time on here and briefly on Gersnet so can't comment what other sites are like but RM is not a single minded entity.

Here people are given a lot of freedom to say what they want to say. The Rangers support is a broad church and cuts across a massive swathe of society so it is inevitable that we get all sorts in our support.

Now. Assuming other forums are less tolerant of opinions that differ from the single minded approach of their moderators then people who voice their differing opinions will soon be ostracised and either banned or leave of their own volition.

They will soon end up here where they can speak more freely. But then because they have been marginalised from other forums, those other forums will resent that they have found somewhere to express themselves.

There is no party line here. There is much argument and not a small amount of abuse hurled around and because of the free nature it is inevitable too that there will be timfestations from time to time. But the majority are good Rangers supporters some of whom can often have some unique views

I joined here back in 2006. It has grown and grown due to the moderation and tolerance that allows all Rangers fans to express their views. It can be fucking annoying at times but why get annoyed about what some people are saying on an Internet forum? The great thing about the Internet is it is free for each of us to chose what we want to do.

If You feel this is not the place for you then move on somewhere else. But if you don't like freedom of expression and you think that this makes a place out of step with your fellow fans then perhaps you should try moving somewhere more controlled. Like Iran or North Korea. Or Follow Follow.

:clap:(tu)

You are missing the point entirely.

Do you feel the way you have posted above about CH? do you get to post in his defence? Do others?

The fact that you are on here, defending him against some people who dont like him, goes to show that there is no party line, and the whole "this is how RM thinks" stuff is bulshit. There are as many in the "do you know who ah um" thread defending him as there are slagging him. In fact the most promenant poster in that thread is one who is defending CH.

My point stands, if we had a party line that had to be followed, this thread, half the posters in it.....along with most other threads and half the posts in them, would be deleted. and posters banned. The fact that none of that has happened, blows the whole "RM party line" bullshit out of the water,

Think you may be in denial gogzy but you've amazed me with your comments about the "do you know who a um " thread for no chance is that balanced and I was 17 posts in before I got to a fan of Houston and most of the posts are an embarrassment to RM imo.

I'll not set myself up for a shit storm by going into too many details but in my honest opinion the topic statement is bang on.I genuinely believe a lot of the collective opinions on RM are not shared by most if not all the bears I know (and believe it or not there are many ).While there are many diverse opinions on a lot of Rangers subjects, when it comes to Houston,king boycotts ,Brown and Murray for eg I've found the vast majority of bears I've encountered have polar opposite views of RM.Must be admitted that any Forum has members who strive for a party line and also there's the fear factor of going against it which can't be a healthy thing.Houstons situation is a typical example as I've rarely heard a word said against him yet if you mention his name on here it's like a red rag to a bull and you'd better get your tin hat on,and as a three year member on here mines is never far away . Honestly this post is not meant to agitate but just couldn't count the amount of times I've quoted a view which seems to be shared by many on RM only to be told "that's a lot of shite " Don't shoot the messenger.Tin hat fixed.

100% agree with this.

There are not many moderate fan, like myself, on here. There are a good few, vociferous posters, who try to dominate the debate on here and oft, due to the volume of posts they make, on every subject, make those views look like a RM position - but it's not really.

This is also true. (tu)

And also BombayBadBoy, get some counselling, son. You know it makes sense.

I think a lot of it is human nature i.e surrounding yourself (even subconsciously) with people you relate to most.

I can say the opposite of yourself truthfully, with hand on heart, that the vast majority of Rangers fans I know have no time for your SOS/RST/boycott's/Dingwall/Craig Houston etc.

But then again, as I said at the start, I wouldn't hang around with people who bored the tits off me with the stuff I mentioned above - so it's all down to the individual really.

Wise words... Yourself and many others would do well to be mindful of them when the old "I don't know any fans like you / I have never met anyone like that in my life / must be timmy and therefore wank priests with bumcheeks" pish gets spouted.

Think you may be in denial gogzy but you've amazed me with your comments about the "do you know who a um " thread for no chance is that balanced and I was 17 posts in before I got to a fan of Houston and most of the posts are an embarrassment to RM imo.

If you don't like it then no one is forcing you to stay here.

It's by far the most balanced and neutral Rangers forum on the net, feel free to post on the other ones though if this isn't to your taste.

If you don't like it then no one is forcing you to stay here.

It's by far the most balanced and neutral Rangers forum on the net, feel free to post on the other ones though if this isn't to your taste.

Thanks for inviting me to f*** off but at 52 I'm old enough to decide for myself where I post.

If we are talking about the differences of view on a forum to that held by other Rangers supporters:

Firstly they are in no way mutually exclusive obviously - so i think the title of the thread is just nonsense. RM members are by definition "Rangers minded" (and i dont like that description, its a bit taig like for me)

Secondly, when I discuss Rangers in the pub over the last few years, I discuss football mainly, yes some of the boardroom/BTC stuff has come up and CG, Whyte, Ashley have all been discussed - you cant avoid it - but I have never, ever, discussed another fans group or CH in particular.

In the greater scheme of things re what has been happening at Rangers over the last few years, I just dont think he is that relevant. Certainly not as relevant as he appears to portray himself - and definitely not relevant enough to discuss in the pub.

I think we have some people whos views on this forum are a bit out there - there may even be a few dodgy ones - but its an online forum and thats just the way it goes.

What you do not get in the pub, is people to be pretending to be Rangers supporters when they are not - that particular bit of strangeness only belongs in the online world.

Definitely a vocal minority on here out of touch with the views of the majority imo.And when they wake up we'll get what's coming , lol

Just because you post the same opinionated comment in a number of differently worded ways doesn't lend it any greater validity.

I had an argument with my Rangers supporting mate the other night about Ashley. One of us supported Ashley while the other didn't. Therefore the Rangers support has a 50/50 split on Ashley.

Obviously fucking not. Your pals don't represent the views of the Rangers support any more than folk posting on a forum

Sorry gogzy but I beg to differ and I'll give you an example of a party line . Craig Houston seems topicle so we'll go with that . Despite having the backing and trust of the current board and imo the backing of a large number of bears he seems to be detested on this forum and the most recent thread I can recall in fact refered to him being worse than a mhank or a bheast. I find these views totally the polar opposite of my experience among Rangers men but just in case my network of bluenoses was too small I asked my workmate of fifteen years for his views on the subject as I think he's as qualified as any bear to comment . Firstly he's a season ticket holder ,secondly he's a flute playing Proddy Boy,thirdly he never misses a Narsa convention or trip to Ireland and lastly he drinks regularly in the District bar,good credentials I'm sure you'll agree, and he said he can't recall one conversation where Houston has been the subject of abuse and in fact thinks most bears have total respect for Houston which as I've already stated seems to be the complete opposite view of RM, imo.

:lol:doh

What a shit thread this is.

RM has no position or party line, ffs the staff argue on shit all the time. If the staff are not all on the same page then there is no chnce the whole site will be.

This is the most open Rangers forum on the net, we allow everyone their say ( within reason) and because of this, you will find opinions that you dont agree with. The forum is pretty split down the middle when it comes to most subjects. That is not the actions of a site with a party line.

Christ if we had a party line that had to be followed, this thread wouldn't exist and half the posters in it would be banned.

This - RM does not have an opinion, therefore this thread is absolute pish (tu)