Reaching A Europa League Final?

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning 55 and ending our years in the wilderness should be all that matters .The day this happens .All sorts of people will have topped themselves and jumped off Erskine briidge .It will be a day unmatched in our history .For me even better than winning a European trophy or getting to a final .That dream can keep .

This

I can't wait for 55 to happen!!, the timplosion in the media will be something to savour!!!!

In 6 years time we will be capable of putting a strong run in, if we keep developing (progressively better players) the way we have this season. MW may just change the whole Rangers way of thinking and doing things on the park.

If things keep progressing as they are at Rangers then yes should aim for it. I think Scotland as a footballing nation needs to improve along the way though aswell, domestically I can't stand any other teams but having them in the 2nd and 3rd knockout stages in Europa league would do is all the world of good

There has never been a better time for Rangers to aim for this level. I fully believe as soon as we get promotion this season, we will win 55 within 2 Premiership attempts. There is no doubt in my mind that Magic Hat & Davie Weir are the 2 men who will lead us back to that level of greatness while making Rangers stronger than ever. I also believe it is impossible to quantify how many years it would take for them to take us on a European run but imo Mark Warburton is destined to take Rangers on a great European run while he makes our club great again. I won't hold my breath waiting for this but as every match at Rangers is thrilling and like our team I only focus on the next match.

MW himself already stated at the start that his target is Champions League within 3 years maximum starting from the start of this season. Frank McParland came out and publically backed him in an interview that MW will achieve this with Rangers before Frank was even linked to Ibrox.

Link to the really good article from McParland (Evening Times):

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13440026.McParland__Warburton_will_succeed_in_three_year_plan_to_bring_Champions_League_football_back_to_Rangers/?ref=mr&lp=6

"If he is given full backing by the board, I am 100 per cent sure Rangers will be in the Champions League within three years," said McParland (July 2015)

I'd love it at any time of course, but it would be even more fitting if we could get there under Warburton's reign. The guy deserves accolades at the highest level for his class, dignity and professionalism.

despite Scottish football,s terrible co-effiicient rating, i still think it is very possible, with shrewd signings and a huge slice of luck. and remember the winners now automatically qualify for the following season C.L.

Watch the game today Bud?

Thats my point.

You do have a point for me mate .The last 3 games have seen as toil nearly as much as Ally's sides did .Considering our opposition ,still think we are light years away from competing in Europe .Like I said previously .Getting back to our perch at top of Scottish football should be a more reasonable aim first

There is no reason why not although it always needs some luck to get to those finals too.

To be honest though I think we are a Champions League club and should be focussing on getting back there instead of the Europa League. Although its unlikely we will ever win it we should looking at progressing to the second stages etc in future. Europa League is nothing more than a bonus and although it is a strong competition that is difficult to win I don't know if many people really pay that much attention to it unless their team are doing well. It also doesn't give that much financial reward either.