Are We At A Crossroad As A Club?

weedurranty

Just hearing news about this Bull Shit investigation into "sectarian" singing at the game yesterday and it is making my blood boil. I know Im far away in Canada and maybe don't get the full perspective but please help me understand this: C#$tic can sing "go home ya h***" and "Orange Bastards " to us and yet we get investigated for singing songs that have been part of our history for over 100 years. If THEY can fall back on the insane excuse that they are going back to their Oirish roots then why can we not say we are just celebrating our Protestant roots? seems a double standard no? Maybe this is the current Liberal bleeding heart type of society Scotland is becoming? Please enlighten me before I burst a blood vessel

sorry. so what im saying is we need strong leadership here to stand up to everyone who is trying to erode our traditions because it doesn't fit their political agenda. And, evertone seems soo pissed off at us because we took them to the cleaners for so long and they feel that now is their chance to truly get a dig in. ENOUGH

Just hearing news about this Bull Shit investigation into "sectarian" singing at the game yesterday and it is making my blood boil. I know Im far away in Canada and maybe don't get the full perspective but please help me understand this: C#$tic can sing "go home ya H***" and "Orange Bastards " to us and yet we get investigated for singing songs that have been part of our history for over 100 years. If THEY can fall back on the insane excuse that they are going back to their Oirish roots then why can we not say we are just celebrating our Protestant roots? seems a double standard no? Maybe this is the current Liberal bleeding heart type of society Scotland is becoming? Please enlighten me before I burst a blood vessel

4231341710_6b77ec1cba_z.jpg?zz=1

Buster Bloodvessel

There will be no investigation. Nothing.

The fans need to stop getting worked up about this. As it stands they can't punish the clubs due to the non-liability rule they all agreed on ages ago.

Stick to ripping the pish out of Frank, the Edinburgh junkies and the Fenians across the city for their hypocrisy on this but don't worry about it more than that. Saying we are getting punished/investigated only gives them credence and the bullshit story more valid. Leave the scare mongering to the fenian loving bastards who have made a living out of the lies such as Spiers, English etc.

There will be no investigation. Nothing.

The fans need to stop getting worked up about this. As it stands they can't punish the clubs due to the non-liability rule they all agreed on ages ago.

Stick to ripping the pish out of Frank, the Edinburgh junkies and the Fenians across the city for their hypocrisy on this but don't worry about it more than that. Saying we are getting punished/investigated only gives them credence and the bullshit story more valid. Leave the scare mongering to the fenian loving bastards who have made a living out of the lies such as Spiers, English etc.

cheers for that clarification

At a crossroads? This guy should be ablew

to help us out (tu)2ClnYUj.jpg

Falklanders looked similar with the headgear when we first started to beef up the military presence after the Invasion in '82. They were referred to as Bennys. Higher arky not amused so DCI brought out stating term no longer to be used. Subsequently they were referred to as Stills (still bennys).

We don't line their pockets for views, we do so for results.

The appeasement and the demonisation ends now. WE are the club. Time they grew pair and earned their money and lead by example, in action to deliver the desired result, otherwise they are no better than the third rate nanny state politicos that currently rule us in this taig infested backwater.

Time to stand up and be counted man women and child.

Demand to know why this song is sectarian? This song is about this country's enemy's who would see it over thrown and a United Kingdom no more.

The word fenian does not mean Catholic and a Protestant could also be a fenian so that's that one cleared up.

And gloryfying a razor gang ? Really? Do they have proof of this as I grew up in the east end and have never heard such shite, people sing the end of the song, We are and whatever area they are from, ie, We are the cambuslang derry boys, We are the larkhall Derry boys etc.

So where is this song anti Catholic?

These are the questions that need to be asked, Focus have said its not sectarian but offensive? What the fuck is that all about?

Nicola Sturdeon offends me every time she opens her trap. But is she ever charged?

Legally they don't have a leg to stand on so its now offensive?

See them in court Rangers as the soldier song with lyric North men, south men sing this song soon they'll be no Protestants at all, they will tell you different, more lies and more properganda.

As I said stand up man women and child and defend your rights just like any other creed or race have.

It strikes fear into our enemy's as they know nothing they have can even come close.

We now have fans who supported the nazis? Yes, their ground was closed during the war because of this telling us what's offensive..

Legal begal was it not David Murrays position? I know of no supporter who has been coming longer than before Murray turned up at our door who agreed with this.

So as a club we did not get a say? Did you? I never. Put it out to season ticket holders and you will get the clubs true stance.

Don't rock the boat OP think of the bridge building.

Investigation or not, fine or not, it's the only thing that's being discussed again. Is this ever discussed after any other team plays a game and sings the same tune? Is it fuck so it's time to tell all those rancid bastards and the handwringers within that this is how it's going to be and you can fucking like it.

Legal begal was it not David Murrays position? I know of no supporter who has been coming longer than before Murray turned up at our door who agreed with this.

So as a club we did not get a say? Did you? I never. Put it out to season ticket holders and you will get the clubs true stance.

No, the club's stance is in what the club say, not what the fans say. After Murray, there have always been messages asking fans to refrain. The club also give bans out to fans who are arrested for singing and chanting. The reason the SFA have not been able to fine us so far is because the club makes all efforts to discourage it and therefore aren't held liable for it.

And if anyone thinks that in the middle of trying to get representation at the top level of Scottish football, still fighting off the odd title stripping attempt and generally trying to get the infrastructure right that the club are going to launch into a battle with the football authorities and probably the Scottish government over this, then I am afraid they are deluded.

No, the club's stance is in what the club say, not what the fans say. After Murray, there have always been messages asking fans to refrain. The club also give bans out to fans who are arrested for singing and chanting. The reason the SFA have not been able to fine us so far is because the club makes all efforts to discourage it and therefore aren't held liable for it.

And if anyone thinks that in the middle of trying to get representation at the top level of Scottish football, still fighting off the odd title stripping attempt and generally trying to get the infrastructure right that the club are going to launch into a battle with the football authorities and probably the Scottish government over this, then I am afraid they are deluded.

Ban fans for singing a song that is offensive.

They offend me and every Rangers fan by complaining, so is that also a crime?

I dont think we as a club are at a cross roads, but The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 legislation is.

It has been shown to be unworkable and unenforcable in any serious way. We have no arrests yesterday with regard to this act - yet the media are getting themselves in a lather about a game in which the police sought to take absolutely no action. It is therefore the very definition of the phrase " trial by media".

And note that the press are not differentiating between lyrics in TBB - they are simply saying that TBB is banned and shouldn't have been sung.

...and that is one of several reasons this board along with those before them are not fit for purpose. Let us hope that both you and I are wrong.

We don't get to exclusively decide the meaning of the offending word, it comes down to the generally accepted meaning, and right now it has religious connotations. Whether the few hundred who post on here like it or not, that's how it is and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Change the word, get the chant back. It's that simple. EBT is a funny piss-take for the moment, as is big trophies, but it's not a serious replacement. Surely all the various fans groups could get together and distribute the new lyrics to their followers on match day. "Rebel" for instance can only be seen as a political statement and as we know, "political" stuff is fine. If we as a support, with all these fans organisations, can't change one word then we don't deserve it back. It's now or never to be honest.