Early Season Form

hammer93

I just think the team has its confidence back.

The St Johnstone game was a bit of a reality check and it dented the players confidence after an amazing start and losing to Hibs a few weeks later didn't help but the result on Monday has obviously given them a lift again.

I also think the reintroduction of Law has brought a better balance to the midfield than we had when it was Zelalem, Halliday & Holt and that's shown in our last two performances.

I just think the team has its confidence back.

The St Johnstone game was a bit of a reality check and it dented the players confidence after an amazing start and losing to Hibs a few weeks later didn't help but the result on Monday has obviously given them a lift again.

I also think the reintroduction of Law has brought a better balance to the midfield than we had when it was Zelalem, Halliday & Holt and that's shown in our last two performances.

Law is a really good player in a ball playing team

Would agree Law has made a difference last two games. I'd also argue we've created more space by Wallace and Tav playing more between halfway and the 18 yard box instead of camping on the edge of the 18 yard box. They have both looked more threatening against hivs and Dumbarton.

This team is rubbish. Law is awful. We need an entirely new team for next year. We will be staying in this division for another season.

Etc etc.

All of these things were posted on here just prior to the Hibs match.

What a difference a week makes.

I thought you were bevvied when you originally posted those comments so I wasn't going to bring it up :P

This team is rubbish. Law is awful. We need an entirely new team for next year. We will be staying in this division for another season.

Etc etc.

All of these things were posted on here just prior to the Hibs match.

What a difference a week makes.

What a difference 10 goals makes mate!

If we do slip up again, and hibs keep up their run of results, our goal difference will see us through.

Johnstone Burgh,

IMO Law got so much stick, because when he joined us, a player of his calibre offered so much and provided so little eg hiding in games.

Along with many other players in last season's squad, he simply downed tools.

The phrase smoke and mirrors could have been created for him, as when the going gets tough, Law hides.

As for vindicating himself, he will have good games from time to time (like other players), but has a lot to prove to many of our fanbase, however I hope he does it by getting in the team and playing well regularly.

Johnstone Burgh,

IMO Law got so much stick, because when he joined us, a player of his calibre offered so much and provided so little eg hiding in games.

Along with many other players in last season's squad, he simply downed tools.

The phrase smoke and mirrors could have been created for him, as when the going gets tough, Law hides.

As for vindicating himself, he will have good games from time to time (like other players), but has a lot to prove to many of our fanbase, however I hope he does it by getting in the team and playing well regularly.

Tbf to him, in ally's team it would look like iniesta was hiding

That's the point mate, in that team he should have looked like a world beater.

I couldn't get a ticket for Dumbarton, how did he play?

In that team though the ball barely went through the midfield.I'd actually love to see possession stats between the two sides in all honesty.

I wasn't at game and my stream wouldn't work till 30 mins in.

Thought he played well again in what I seen. His pass always seems to be a direct one. As one of his biggest critics last season, the difference in him this season is incredible.

The ironic thing is he scored more under ally :lol:

But he is playing like the player now.who was tipped for premier league player of the year a few years back

I am surprised to be saying that Nicky Law deserves a new contract as I have been a big critic of his but he has improved under the management team and does not hide in the games now. Given his performances this season I would give him an extension of his contract

I am surprised to be saying that Nicky Law deserves a new contract as I have been a big critic of his but he has improved under the management team and does not hide in the games now. Given his performances this season I would give him an extension of his contract

I'd like to see him.keep this level up till end of feb at least before committing but on current form its a no brainer for me