Waghorn 33

Bearsden bear

Taken from the Rangers website,

Waghorn will wear number 33 for Rangers – the same number he wears for every club out of superstition.

and Wikipedia, On 20 July 2015 Waghorn signed a three-year deal with Scottish Championship side Rangers along with Wigan teammate James Tavernier. He continued using 33 as his squad number, as with previous clubs, due to superstition.

He fancied being a DJ and bought a lot of old vinyl LPs and a record player as a 16 year old just before he became a professional footballer, hence the "33".

He usually rubs his left hand side too as he comes on the pitch,another superstition, all that scratching made him itch.

I always think strikers who don't wear number 9 chose numbers that can result in 9 :lol: 1+8 which Miller and Jelavic used and 3x3 for Waghorn.

Probably a load of pish from me but it's just what I've always thought :lol:

Remember when Zamorano couldn't get 9 at Inter so he actually wore 1+8 :lol:

I always think strikers who don't wear number 9 chose numbers that can result in 9 :lol: 1+8 which Miller and Jelavic used and 3x3 for Waghorn.

Probably a load of pish from me but it's just what I've always thought :lol:

There is some merit in that, especially in the case of Ivan Zamorano (when Ronaldo nicked his coveted number 9 jersey).

Zamorano18.jpg